SaltCritters.com

While I have your guy's attention, and am displaying my noob status; when I open up someone's post, and it starts me on page thirty, how do I get to page one without having to hit previous twenty nine times? I'm on this site from my phone....

While I have your guy's attention, and am displaying my noob status; when I open up someone's post, and it starts me on page thirty, how do I get to page one without having to hit previous twenty nine times? I'm on this site from my phone....

Hit the little double arrow on the left of the prev button.

Spiderguardnano

While I have your guy's attention, and am displaying my noob status; when I open up someone's post, and it starts me on page thirty, how do I get to page one without having to hit previous twenty nine times? I'm on this site from my phone...

Switch to the full site instead of the mobile site.its found on the way bottom of the page

I saw all the notifications and came here expecting some sort of big happening only to find this haha.

This forum is great but not very user friendly on the phone. It may be easier for you to figure things out on a computer

Tony

No need to bash the guy, hes new and wants to learn about the saltwater hobby.

The tank is a Mr Aqua 12 gallon tank purchased from MarineDepot.com It was $76 I believe when I originally bought it. The price has fluctuated all the way up to $110 or so. Just watch the prices closely as they change quite a bit based on their supply.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

2 year update!! Wooohoooo

I shot a new video a few days ago.

Video will be linked later this evening after it finishes uploading

All corals have been doing much better lately. Everything has been keeping its color or is becoming more vibrant.

I finally received my order of Lugols Iodine in the mail so I hope my slow tissue recession on my hydrophora and brain stop after a little bath. I also added a tiny amount to the display to keep infections down and color up a few of the corals.

Our company is still under construction on their new building. I've gone over to the new space 2-3 times and I'm a little worried as to where this tank will go. I'd love to keep it right next to me like I have it now but I'm losing my room to a glorified cubicle. And to make it worse radiators are being install along the walls. There was a perfect spot for the tank until those went in. :furious:

Picture to hold you guys over until the video is finished.

H3BqQxV.jpg

• Like 9

2 Year Video

I haven't attached music yet either so you can hear how quiet the system is. Just a slight hum from the Eheim return pump.

• Like 11

How effective do you think the iodine has been? Your coral seem very bright and colorful. Any inverts that need iodine in there?

• Like 1

How effective do you think the iodine has been? Your coral seem very bright and colorful. Any inverts that need iodine in there?

The iodine (one drop) has only been in there for one day so it is too soon to tell a difference. Iodine is said to help with blue coloration, so if my Oregon tort shows an improvement and the tissue recession stops on the 2 corals I'd say it was definitely worth it.

There are a few hermit crabs in the tank it will probably help a little bit with their molts.

• Like 1

Just rip the radiator of the wall! I understood the american cubicle thought process. It creates a distance between workers, the manager has a hard time looking over his team plus it creates an "island" mentality.

We don't have that here in the Netherlands. If it are cubicles, it's with a team. Or at least 6-10 people. Divided by a see through wall...

Hope it works out for you though! And that you can find a nice place for the tank. Would be a shame to get rid of it

Just rip the radiator of the wall! I understood the american cubicle thought process. It creates a distance between workers, the manager has a hard time looking over his team plus it creates an "island" mentality.

We don't have that here in the Netherlands. If it are cubicles, it's with a team. Or at least 6-10 people. Divided by a see through wall...

Hope it works out for you though! And that you can find a nice place for the tank. Would be a shame to get rid of it

I may talk to the owner and see if that section of radiators even needs to be installed as it is only for a very short distance in a very large room. Otherwise it might just be a cramped cubicle if I put it right next to my computer.

Last resort I just take the whole thing home and have it in the basement. Not the end of the world but I like looking at the tank 40 hours a week rather than maybe 1-2 hours a night.

April FTS

C2kkj2b.jpg

And the latest coral addition is a Pot of Gold (view full size to see the pretty glitter)

xGS5zE6.jpg

Anyone know of any LPS that have a true yellow glow under blue LEDs? The closest I ever had was a yellow tip torch, I may have to track that down again.

• Like 7

Wow, tank's grown alot and is still looking very clean & crisp. :)

Thanks, but I would say growth has been very slow.

A lot less coral deaths though, and almost none in the last few months. So anytime I get a new frag it fills it in more and more.

The red montipora on the right, and orange lepta on the left need to stop encrusting though.

• Like 1

No new lights. I thought about a custom nanobox but it was just too much for my wallet.

Less media (1/4 biopellets and no gfo) along with a lot more heavy feedings have been my only changes in the last few months.

• Like 1