Innovative Marine Aquariums

Junkitu's Mushroom House Tank Thread

junkitu

I am so glad I stumbled on this thread, this tank is gorgeous and it's giving me some great ideas for my 28g laying around. Hehe I'm in love with all your ricordea. I only have a lil pico right now and cant wait to upgrade (i impulsed buy a leather frag and am going to need the extra room ><) Also did all your rics come on rock pieces or did you attach them yourself? Anyway... great job!

Oh and one more thing.. where did you get your sunset yuma?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am so glad I stumbled on this thread, this tank is gorgeous and it's giving me some great ideas for my 28g laying around. Hehe I'm in love with all your ricordea. I only have a lil pico right now and cant wait to upgrade (i impulsed buy a leather frag and am going to need the extra room ><) Also did all your rics come on rock pieces or did you attach them yourself? Anyway... great job!

Oh and one more thing.. where did you get your sunset yuma?

Thanks!

I've bought all of my floridas and yumas locally. All of my rics were already attached. FWIW, I haven't had much success getting an unattached ric or yuma to re-attach.

Good luck with your pico and 28g. Leathers are great. They do grow large but they're almost bulletproof.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah. I've had some CUC attrition over the last 16 months and I haven't replenished. My sandbed does get stirred up quite a bit by my Yasha and clams and I think that helps.

Here's my feeding schedule:

DT's Phytoplankton (3 day/week)

Spectrum and Formula 1 marine pellets (3 days/week)

Kent Marine Zoe (3 days/week)

Cyclopeeze (2 days/week)

Mysis Shrimp (2 days/week)

Thanks--your feeding schedule must really suit your population. (Sorry for the belated acknowlegement--I was on vacation...and while I was gone my tank was OVERfed-- :( )

I've bought all of my floridas and yumas locally. All of my rics were already attached. FWIW, I haven't had much success getting an unattached ric or yuma to re-attach.

Same here. My loose rics prefer to just sit on the substrate.

--Diane

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile and a lot has changed with my tank. It's getting late but I'll post a detailed update soon describing the move, the losses :( , and the changes. Here's a new FTS for now:

fd2d4af0.jpg

Here's the damage your tank pic did to my wallet!

DSCN7782.jpg

But I'm happy with it!

the best praise I have heard in this forum.

of course. the tank is also the best I have seen up to now. not only the beautiful appearance but also most kinds are ralatively easy to raise and can live in the tank for a very long time.

Just finished all 18 pages. Tank looks great, sorry to hear about the loses. Tank has really evolved over time and with this round of change perhaps you might not want to replace most if not all of your losses. Your tank, IMHO, was starting to get very busy with such a large mix of species, shapes, colors. I think if you allow the corals you have left to fill in the tank will go back to it's simple beuty. Really an amazing tank.

Danny

It's been awhile and a lot has changed with my tank. It's getting late but I'll post a detailed update soon describing the move, the losses :( , and the changes. Here's a new FTS for now:

fd2d4af0.jpg

Moving stinks.... I had losses as well. Things are still looking great in your 'house' though!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! My tank fell into a serious state of flux after the move. I lost the plate coral, several zoa colonies, and my crocea clam. It's been a month and things appear to have stablized. The good news is that my tank now has a lot more direct sunlight after the move. It was time to change my bulb and since the natural light is so yellow I decided to switch from 14K to 20K to help bring out the blues.

Here are some more recent pics:

Rics

8cbf8f11.jpg

Duncans

d4a41c1c.jpg

Top shelf

bb89f4d2.jpg

Still one of the most stunning tanks I have ever seen.

Sorry about the few losses you suffered.

I hope my tank will look half as fluxed up as this one! :lol:

Please keep the pictures of this most beautiful tank coming.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

The tank is doing well. I've increased my dosing schedule to keep the Ca levels up for the SPS and clam. I'm now dosing b-ionic 3x a week and 2 part kent marine nano 2x a week. The clam and SPS seem to be responding well. The clam continues to show nice mantle extension and the SPS are extending their polyps and growing quickly.

Here are a couple new pics:

The view from above.

a123af16.jpg

FTS.

24edca4a.jpg

Archived