Top Shelf Aquatics

Junkitu's Mushroom House Tank Thread

junkitu

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the info, its wierd, since I posted this yesterday I have been looking at my fiji every couple of minutes. Right now it is 8:25 am and the lights on the tank are off, but he has some of his polyps totally extended. Maybe he likes the natural sunlight that is sneaking in the window this morning. Not sure, will keep an eye on it and try to make it as happy as possible. He does shrink up at night, and then opens up during the day, but still does not totally stick his polyps out. Maybe he just needs more time to get use to surroundings. Right now it is in medium flow. Maybe I need to try some more flow on him. Will put my other power head in the tank today and see how that goes.

How long have you had the leather? It sounds like it's a fairly new addition. Leave it alone for a week and see how it reacts. Leathers can take awhile to settle in.

Looking great dude!

You've really gotten into clams there... they look great.

Thanks Ice! I'm really liking these little guys. :wub:

Looking great! love the FTS!

Thanks Kombucha. I've just moved the crocea up into the rockwork were it belongs. I should have a new FTS soon.

your tank is insane ... the new fts is awesome its just a shame you had to get rid of the leather ... i was looking at this thread and it has given me some inspiration to make my tank better .. if only it could be half as good as yours i would be set

your tank is insane ... the new fts is awesome its just a shame you had to get rid of the leather ... i was looking at this thread and it has given me some inspiration to make my tank better .. if only it could be half as good as yours i would be set

Thanks for following along and I'm glad you like my tank. I do miss the leather but fragging it has allowed me to add some really cool stuff, like my clams and the new yellow feather duster.

The Ultimate DanK

This continues to be my favorite aquarium on NR. Keep posting updates, the tank has really matured well.

Wow your tank is amazing. Def at my top 5 nanos of all time list.
STILL the nicest tank on n-r!
This continues to be my favorite aquarium on NR. Keep posting updates, the tank has really matured well.

Thanks! :D

no new pictures???

I've been really busy at work but hope to have some new pics this week.

A couple people have PM'd me asking for more information about my livestock purchases. Here are the threads in case anyone else is interested.

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know that you have a great looking tank! Not that you didn't know that already, haha.

As an estimate, do you know how much you've spent on the livestock?

Thanks epicfish!

I'm not keeping track but my guess would be about $1000 to $1500.

Hey great tank!! I was wondering where you get most of your rics? I've seen rics but yours seems to be unique. I read though the original post and noticed you added them gradualy.

Thanks

Thanks fxman! All of my rics were obtained locally here in the SF Bay Area and I picked them all out myself. Most of my florida rics came from Aquarium Concepts in Dublin California. Unfortunately, they don't have an internet store. Most of my yumas came from Ming at AtlantisAquarium.net, Rommel at UltimateFrags.com, or from Brent, Joe, and Brennan at an LFS called Ultimate Aquarium here in San Mateo California.

HTH.

I took a bunch of zoa and paly pics for this month's photo contest. Here are some of them. Enjoy!

Eagles and Tub's and Limons...oh my!

a9611110.jpg

Sunburst

e75287d5.jpg

PEs

2601de63.jpg

Eagle Eyes

ff3db8db.jpg

Terminators

7a6f19ed.jpg

Devil's Armor

c55ff19f.jpg

Blue Eyed Devils

d52fa5ba.jpg

Master Mind Flayer in a bed of Devil's Armor

d2a438af.jpg

and here's a better shot of my green apple yuma...

39dc0d24.jpg

seahorsejl

Aww man, there goes my chances of winning this months photo contest :P

Spectacular pictures!

I just noticed you have a flame angel ... and reading back in the many pages, doesn't look like you have ever had a problem with it nipping at stuff. Still the case?

Thanks everyone!

I just noticed you have a flame angel ... and reading back in the many pages, doesn't look like you have ever had a problem with it nipping at stuff. Still the case?

The flame is doing great and doesn't bother any of the other livestock...yet fingerscrossed

seahorsejl
The flame is doing great and doesn't bother any of the other livestock...yet fingerscrossed

Thanks for the update on the flame. Friday I was real tempted to go and get one, but I have had some rough luck with fish and them picking on corals. So I think I talked myself out of a flame angel. I should probably just stick with my original idea of a pair of naked clownfish.

My current favorite tank! Unbelievable. This one and helfrich's chick are so simple and gorgeous. This tank has the most incredible use of color. Obviously you are gifted at design and have a very keen sense of placement and compliment. You are my hero! :D:D:D

Awesome tank!

Thanks!

My current favorite tank! Unbelievable. This one and helfrich's chick are so simple and gorgeous. This tank has the most incredible use of color. Obviously you are gifted at design and have a very keen sense of placement and compliment. You are my hero! :D:D:D

:blush:

A friend of mine gave me some SPS frags so I'm giving them a try. He gave me a neon green bali slimer, a purple montipora digitata, and an orange montipora. My yelllow gumdrop goby is ecstatic and may have even taken a nibble out of the acropora. I figure it'll be good for his diet if the experiment doesn't work out :)

Here are a couple tank shots that I took this afternoon as well as a new FTS. Enjoy!

My clams are doing well, especially the crocea. The maxima keep getting knocked over despite my attempts to have them attach to pieces of rock that I've placed in the sand beneath them. You can also see a new pink yuma that I picked up this week :wub:

6518569a.jpg

Here's a pic of my top shelf. You might be able to see the monti's on the right and the acropora frag on the left.

72d5cdbe.jpg

Here's the latest FTS. I hope the SPS start to grow but it could be tough with the leathers and other softies in the tank. fingerscrossed

394d6225.jpg

Let me know what you think.

moonlightxpress825
A friend of mine gave me some SPS frags so I'm giving them a try. He gave me a neon green bali slimer, a purple montipora digitata, and an orange montipora. My yelllow gumdrop goby is ecstatic and may have even taken a nibble out of the acropora. I figure it'll be good for his diet if the experiment doesn't work out :)

Here are a couple tank shots that I took this afternoon as well as a new FTS. Enjoy!

My clams are doing well, especially the crocea. The maxima keep getting knocked over despite my attempts to have them attach to pieces of rock that I've placed in the sand beneath them. You can also see a new pink yuma that I picked up this week :wub:

6518569a.jpg

Here's a pic of my top shelf. You might be able to see the monti's on the right and the acropora frag on the left.

72d5cdbe.jpg

Here's the latest FTS. I hope the SPS start to grow but it could be tough with the leathers and other softies in the tank. fingerscrossed

394d6225.jpg

this tank is hot hot hot...can you tell me where you got your clams ?? :D

this tank is hot hot hot...can you tell me where you got your clams ?? :D

Thanks man! The Crocea and small purple maxima came from Barry at ClamsDirect.com. The ORA blue maxima was purchased locally at AtlantisAquarium.net.

I'm thinking about getting a larger zeroedge tank to house a clam dominated reef.

moonlightxpress825
Thanks man! The Crocea and small purple maxima came from Barry at ClamsDirect.com. The ORA blue maxima was purchased locally at AtlantisAquarium.net.

I'm thinking about getting a larger zeroedge tank to house a clam dominated reef.

ooo thanks..gonna check it out..

• 1 month later...
nice, but where did teh derasa go?

I needed to make room for the crocea so I sold the deresa to a buddy at work and it's doing great. I did lose the two small maximas. Unfortunately, I could never get them to attach. :(

Here are a couple recent pics. The tank is doing well and pretty much in maintenance mode. A buddy of mine did give me a few SPS frags so I decided to give them a try.

Purple Montipora Digitata

46eac44e.jpg

Neon Birdsnest (and the orange monti frag behind it)

517224c5.jpg

Here's another shot of my yellow gumdrop goby playing among the mushrooms.

1eebb1da.jpg

Here's the black and white clown that my oldest son has named Panda. I've had him for over a year.

c8b5481d.jpg

Here are some of my favorite zoas. They're called Purple Dreams and I grew this colony of ~25 from a single polyp.

18f48ebd.jpg

Finally, here is the latest FTS. I still don't feel my photo skills do the colors under MH justice.

2495ad6f.jpg

Archived