Pod Your Reef

Junkitu's Mushroom House Tank Thread

junkitu

I've been traveling a bunch this month and haven't had a chance to post. Not much has changed with the tank. I added a couple new zoa and paly frags to the garden. Here are some pics:

ZoaGarden.jpg

ultimatefragfreebies.jpg

terminatorzoa.jpg

newzoas-1.jpg

rictopdown.jpg

Any more FTS?

I haven't been able to take a better pic this month so I chose this one for the February FTS:

febfts3.jpg

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i never noticed that you had xenias growing on the rear wall! this gives me ideas :ninja:

They pulse too :) It's an experiment. I'm hoping that they fill in and don't clog up the overflow.

Superb!!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

I'm blown away by it! I'm gonna get some softies right now. My gf is going to kill me for spending on the tank again, thanks to you! lol

WOW nice aquapod really nice with soft corals

Thanks! It's my first SW tank and softies were all that I could keep with the lighting that I had. Plus they're super hardy!

absolutely beautiful! I would love to have your tank! lol

lol. I think so too. I've only had it less than a year so I think I'll hang on to it for now ;)

I'm blown away by it! I'm gonna get some softies right now. My gf is going to kill me for spending on the tank again, thanks to you! lol

Ah, the power of suggestion. Don't blame me dude. It's all on you! :)

Needreefunds

Junkitu- I know you have heard it before, but, this tank is AWESOME. The colors, the scape, beautiful. Best wishes for continued success and thank you for showing me the potential of my cube. Boy you really set the bar high!!

Junkitu- I know you have heard it before, but, this tank is AWESOME. The colors, the scape, beautiful. Best wishes for continued success and thank you for showing me the potential of my cube. Boy you really set the bar high!!

Thank you! Enjoy the ride with your new tank.

*cough*I just got a ric colony*cough*

lol. Pics please.

your yellow leather really browned out....

I know. :unsure: It started happening about 3-4 months ago. You can see the transformation in this mini slideshow:

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/jun...=1170373984.pbw

It's hard to say what caused it but you can definitely see it move down and to the right as well as lose most of its bright yellow coloring. It seems to correspond with the addition of my neon toadstool and moving the finger leather directly "up flow" from it. I did move the finger back "down flow" and the yellow seems to be moving back up toward the light but the color is still the same. I've seen larger specimens that all seem to be more brown than yellow so I don't know if that's just the way they age or if there's another cause. Any ideas?

Thank you all for your support! :D

By any chance are you going to frag the shrooms at one point :huh: ? Just wondering.

-Mac :mellow:

I suppose I may in the future but I have zero experience with fragging.

Here's the damage your tank pic did to my wallet!

DSCN7782.jpg

But I'm happy with it!

Nice! What color are they?

I may be going out on a limb here, but you tank sucks.....just kidding it's one of the nicest on here.

Thanks! BTW, I checked your thread and "you tank sucks" too ;)

furelosfamily

Hey Just wanted to say that your tank looks real good!!

I just had a question. I just also got a Aquapod 24 gallon. I wanted to do the DIY things that you did!!!

First was the MJ900 that you state that you are using that is for your pump right?

The Minijet 606 that you are using is for your powerhead that is attached to your Hydor right?

I also wanted to know I wanted to upgrade to the 40w bulbs. But I did not want to run the tank warm. My house air is always between 73-75 degrees. Do you think that I will have a problem.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!

Hey Just wanted to say that your tank looks real good!!

Thanks and welcome to nano-reef.com! :welcome:

First was the MJ900 that you state that you are using that is for your pump right?

I swapped it out for the stock return pump that came with the tank in the back left chamber.

The Minijet 606 that you are using is for your powerhead that is attached to your Hydor right?

Yup.

I also wanted to know I wanted to upgrade to the 40w bulbs. But I did not want to run the tank warm. My house air is always between 73-75 degrees. Do you think that I will have a problem.

Hard to say since I'm also running an ICA chiller from www.nanotuners.com. I would think that you should be ok as long as the house temp doesn't get over 80 degrees.

Good luck with the new tank. What are you planning to keep in it?

furelosfamily
Thanks and welcome to nano-reef.com! :welcome:

I swapped it out for the stock return pump that came with the tank in the back left chamber.

Yup.

Hard to say since I'm also running an ICA chiller from www.nanotuners.com. I would think that you should be ok as long as the house temp doesn't get over 80 degrees.

Good luck with the new tank. What are you planning to keep in it?

Thank you for the welcome

I have been researching a the stock pump does 290gph and the mj900 does 230gph. Does the MJ900 give it that must more flow. Or are the specs for the stock BS?

Well I want to do soft corals, CUC, zoos, things like that!!!

I just set it up this Monday with 80% cured live rock! So I am just letting the cycle do it's thing! Not in a rush for anything!!

Thank you for your help!!!!!

I have been researching a the stock pump does 290gph and the mj900 does 230gph. Does the MJ900 give it that must more flow. Or are the specs for the stock BS?

The stock pump is rated higher but the MJ900 gives off significantly less heat for roughly the same amount of flow.

Archived