Pod Your Reef

Junkitu's Mushroom House Tank Thread

junkitu

I can't remember but it wasn't the stock bulb. I think it was a 20K Geissmann.

Hi junkitu,great tank, great inspiration! Can you please tell me did you have good success with your clam under stock lighting, before your halide? and how long did you have it before your upgrade? I have a 24G nano cube with 2:36w 50/50 lamps and 1:24w blue. In your opinion would this be good enough for a crocea?? Expert opinion needed please!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi junkitu,great tank, great inspiration! Can you please tell me did you have good success with your clam under stock lighting, before your halide? and how long did you have it before your upgrade? I have a 24G nano cube with 2:36w 50/50 lamps and 1:24w blue. In your opinion would this be good enough for a crocea?? Expert opinion needed please!

Thanks Steve. I'm no expert regarding clams but here is a good thread from someone who knows a ton more about clams than me: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=ezcompany+clam

In terms of my own experience, I was able to keep a derasa for several months under PC lighting but croceas require more intense lighting.

Thanks Steve. I'm no expert regarding clams but here is a good thread from someone who knows a ton more about clams than me: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=ezcompany+clam

In terms of my own experience, I was able to keep a derasa for several months under PC lighting but croceas require more intense lighting.

Thanks, have read this information and I will not be getting one. Glad I asked! Thanks.

Junkitu, another one for you ! I am thinking of going topless in my 24G nano cube with either a 70 or 150w halide fitting and I would like to know how much water you have to top up now since you made this transition yourself. At the moment I only top up a small cup every 2 days with hood on. Also do you experience lots of condensation in the room where your tank is?

Must say your tanks looks great. I've been reading post after post and yoiur tank evolves very nicely. I'm at a stand still about whether to get the 14k pheinox or the 20K megachrome. Which has more blue? Any suggestions since your the only person I've found that's tried both. Will tag along with your tank. :)

Junkitu, another one for you ! I am thinking of going topless in my 24G nano cube with either a 70 or 150w halide fitting and I would like to know how much water you have to top up now since you made this transition yourself. At the moment I only top up a small cup every 2 days with hood on. Also do you experience lots of condensation in the room where your tank is?

My tank usually runs 1/4 to 1/3 gallon evap a day but I get a ton of natural sunlight from the windows in my office as well.

Must say your tanks looks great. I've been reading post after post and yoiur tank evolves very nicely. I'm at a stand still about whether to get the 14k pheinox or the 20K megachrome. Which has more blue? Any suggestions since your the only person I've found that's tried both. Will tag along with your tank. :)

The 20K is definitely more blue.

wow, your tank is awesome as always. That rose anemone and the black occellaris is awesome. Keep up the great work.

Thanks man.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some new pics. Enjoy!

Zoa Garden. The hard coral towards the middle was a freebie from GARF that I got last year. ID anyone?

MushroomHouseDecember2008Zoas.jpg

Top Shelf. The anem is doing great. Unfortunately, so are the leathers. They're slated to find a new home in my buddy Dan's tank soon.

MushroomHouseDecember2008TopShelf.jpg

Lower Half. I love how softies fill in over all of the exposed rock. "Patty's Plague" (aka blue anthelia) is especially good at filling in the gaps in my aquascape.

MushroomHouseDecember2008Bottom.jpg

FTS. The tank has a lot of blues and greens so it was nice to see a new yellow fiji leather growing back (see lower left in this picture) where I removed the original colony over a year ago.

MushroomHouseDecember2008FTS.jpg

Still one of my favorite nanos Junkitu!

Great shots of this most awesome tank.

B)

And the mystery coral looks similar to "Merulina" in Stoney's thread, no?

IMG_0801.jpg

( copied from the Stoney Waters Experience thread--geez, hope you don't mind Stone! :happy: )

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks everyone!

Amazing! I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but is that a Rose-Tip Anemone? It is gorgeous!

Yep. I now have a couple BTAs.

April2009002.jpg

fishdaddy0831
Thanks everyone!

Yep. I now have a couple BTAs.

April2009002.jpg

Whats the blue stuff in the lower right corner?

Whats the blue stuff in the lower right corner?

Blue anthelia. This stuff is beautiful but it's an aggressive grower. The folks from my local reef club call it "Patty's Plague" after a member that introduced it to the group.

fishdaddy0831
Blue anthelia. This stuff is beautiful but it's an aggressive grower. The folks from my local reef club call it "Patty's Plague" after a member that introduced it to the group.

Does it extend more then the picture shows or does it stay that "low profile"?

Does it extend more then the picture shows or does it stay that "low profile"?

It stays close to the rockwork. Check out the FTS toward the top of this page.

Archived