inTank Media Baskets

LFS in Los Angeles area

roxy25

The Aquarium on sepulveda brought in a HUGE shipment (technically not a shipment i guess) of stuff today. i didn't stick around to see everything, but they did have some very nice onyx-ish clowns.

ywia

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

um... about the corner of sepulveda and jefferson.

it's a great location for me. not far... and RIGHT NEXT to a PETCO (nsw), PETSMART (frozen food & price match fish stuff), and a CENTINELLA PET SUPPLY (cat food).

PLUS, there's a TARGET (soap!) there AND it's not too far from LMU (brother!) is and a freakin' HUGE HOME DEPOT (foam!) and the LAX (planes!) and TITO'S TACOS (tacos!) and HOLLYWOOD PARK (poker!) and...

um... about the corner of sepulveda and jefferson.

it's a great location for me. not far... and RIGHT NEXT to a PETCO (nsw), PETSMART (frozen food & price match fish stuff), and a CENTINELLA PET SUPPLY (cat food).

PLUS, there's a TARGET (soap!) there AND it's not too far from LMU (brother!) is and a freakin' HUGE HOME DEPOT (foam!) and the LAX (planes!) and TITO'S TACOS (tacos!) and HOLLYWOOD PARK (poker!) and...

Uhm... I meant the one in crashville.

oh.

321 Garvey Ave.

Suite B

Monterey Park

California

it's a dirty asian lfs but the BEST ONE EVER!! no, not because i worked there while in highschool; BECAUSE IT IS!

if you have the secret password.

oh.

321 Garvey Ave.

Suite B

Monterey Park

California

it's a dirty asian lfs but the BEST ONE EVER!! no, not because i worked there while in highschool; BECAUSE IT IS!

if you have the secret password.

I do have it!

CLASH

• 1 month later...

reefhotspot ... new website. bubble upgrade!

there's a new lfs in santa monica. on santa monica blvd... somewhere between the 405 and the lexus dealer (long story). i get the feeling the owner is more interested in FW, but he does have a small reef/sw section.

just a heads up

ADIN OUT!

Hands down, Tropical Reef Oasis is the bomb diggity! Frank has some of the rarest SPS and zoas known in the trade, and can get you just about any SPS, zoa and fish your heart desires. Of course appointments are required and the prices aren't generally cheap, but it's all worth it IMo from what I saw when I went.

I still vouch that Pacific Reef in Torrance is the best LFS ever, well one of the best! Time to make a field trip to Maken Waves, who's down? I still have never been! :ninja:

You're out?! :o I knew it!

No, he's just Ryan Seacrest. :lol::P

And yup, seriously! Sure it seems boring there at first, but the "farm/fragging" room is awesome, and Frank is FULL of good knowledge. He even kicked me down some free chaeto, can't beat that!!

Time to make a field trip to Maken Waves, who's down? I still have never been! :ninja:

Went the other day and selection was just so so (unless you got $300+ for a b/w Maxima). Jim tranships his own stuff and hasn't had much luck getting decent shipments in so far this year. He just set up new MHs over his SPS "pool" but his other coral set up has a nasty flat worm infestation. I would wait a few weeks before you make the trek. I'll keep you guys updated as to when he starts getting full-blown shipments in again. He's just a few minutes away from my office, so I stop by at least once a week.

Kelly

Went the other day and selection was just so so (unless you got $300+ for a b/w Maxima). Jim tranships his own stuff and hasn't had much luck getting decent shipments in so far this year. He just set up new MHs over his SPS "pool" but his other coral set up has a nasty flat worm infestation. I would wait a few weeks before you make the trek. I'll keep you guys updated as to when he starts getting full-blown shipments in again. He's just a few minutes away from my office, so I stop by at least once a week.

Kelly

Awesome Kelly, thanks for the heads up! Definitely keep us updated when it's worthwhile to check it out. Flatworms suck for sure! :(

Hands down, Tropical Reef Oasis is the bomb diggity! Frank has some of the rarest SPS and zoas known in the trade, and can get you just about any SPS, zoa and fish your heart desires. Of course appointments are required and the prices aren't generally cheap, but it's all worth it IMo from what I saw when I went.

I still vouch that Pacific Reef in Torrance is the best LFS ever, well one of the best! Time to make a field trip to Maken Waves, who's down? I still have never been! :ninja:

So do you have the addresses for those two LFS?? Tropical Reef Oasis and Pacific Reef?? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived