SaltCritters.com

LFS in Los Angeles area

roxy25

so I went to circle pets in LB two weeks ago. I have not been there in 7 years and they still have a very nice SHOP. Their display tanks are so AWESOME.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so I went to circle pets in LB two weeks ago. I have not been there in 7 years and they still have a very nice SHOP. Their display tanks are so AWESOME.

Roxy you're gonna have to show me where that store is.. I went to Pacific Reef and met the manager there.. He was pretty cool.. He had the new JBJ 28 Gal NanoCubes..

Roxy you're gonna have to show me where that store is.. I went to Pacific Reef and met the manager there.. He was pretty cool.. He had the new JBJ 28 Gal NanoCubes..

Yeah Pac reef is cool I think that place is my favorite because they have everything you need there. Circle pets is on xemino near the traffic circle.

IMO its great lol its a pet shop so they have other animal supplies but their displays are so amazing ( small but amazing) They also carry ORA frags in another room.

s0nginmyheart

I've been to Pacific Reef in Torrance several times (they have other locations in Fountain Valley and Anaheim). That place is probably the best, cleanest, most informative store I've been to. However, I felt a little pressured in my purchases.

I've also been to Circle Pet -- sorry but the snakes scare me LOL. It's kinda small but they have nice selection.

There is also South Bay Aquarium in Gardena, which I like going to. The shop is a little aged but the prices there are little bit more reasonable.

fraggle rockette

i just noticed a fish supply place on lincoln between santa monica (ocean park) and venice the other day... does anyone know if it's any good? haven't checked it out yet...

s0nginmyheart

sounds like it was Allan's Aquarium... haven't been there yet as I try and avoid the hellish traffic down Lincoln... but...

There is also Aquarium & Pet Center, off Wilshire and 8th in Santa Monica... which I've been to. The place is cool but a little overpriced IMO (ie $10 for A hermit crab... as in ONE)

I drove by a fish place located around Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and Crenshaw. If someone goes can you mention it here if you don't get shot, lol. That place is ghetto.

i just noticed a fish supply place on lincoln between santa monica (ocean park) and venice the other day... does anyone know if it's any good? haven't checked it out yet...

yeah sounds like Alan's Aquarium don't waste your time there lol Its a nice petshop for dogs supplies and that is it. They only have nice aquarium sforsale up stairs and they only have dying fish hahahaa

Whoa, I've seen Ciricle Pets before and wondered about that place... I love driving in circles around Traffic Circle... :P

You need to go Matt its small but their display tank is so cool. It inspires me !

fraggle rockette
what do you guys think of PTF in pasadena?

personally i'm not a fan. every coral i've bought there has only contributed problems to my tank. ugh. :unsure:

personally i'm not a fan. every coral i've bought there has only contributed problems to my tank. ugh. :unsure:

really? what issues? only think i have from them that's growing is the duncan... i think everything else has died...

my favorite still is fragglereef... i've only had one of their stuff die on me and he refund it... miguel's the best!

fraggle rockette

i've gotten mushrooms from them and it wiped out all my mushroom colonies- just clear out of nowhere. couldn't find another reason- fine for months and then- a day later after acclimating the new one, wham. i also had zoanthid problems after buying a small frag from them (pox and nudis- tho the nudis may have been from a swap piece- not sure- i'm retarded and didn't fw dip either), and had algae appear out of nowhere after adding frags from them.

+1 on fraggle reef! his fish are the only ones that seem to stay alive in my tank- i did lose my propeller palys a week after (was really sad- dunno what happened- they just got crusty and died :( ) and my clams after a few months as well- maybe my tank is too new for clams? idk. i didn't think so, but... i think one of them got sick and gave it to the other b/c i left it in for the hermits to eat not thinking it could be contagious. but everything else i've gotten from m has been the best and i love it. :happy: prolly wont shop anywhere else actually... well, maybe mvite once i'm rollin... lol.

Alright....I can invest 20%. Who's gonna come up with the other 80%?! =p

i'd do another 20% but i wouldnt open it there. id do it in SB lol ;p

any of scnrs ready to start their own store yet? ;)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/for/408127532.html

You got $50k right Veronica? I'll put in the other $8k... ;):P

Ehh I've never had any issues with their CORL. My first thing from them was a 5-head neon green candycane, and it's not at 8 heads and splitting 2 more!!1 Many of my zoas are from there, again no issues. The blue colony I used to have was also from there was were many of my old rics. In fact my L/R from my AP12 was from PTF as well. One piece was given to Mike at PR, and the rest is currently dried dead rock at the apartment. ;)

Oh yes, I was at PTF yesterday and apparently according to the writing on a tank there and also confirmed by Steve, they had a blue ring octo in stock recently!! :eek: He said most people that liked were WAY hesitant to get it, can you blame them?? :P

Came from reefermadness and aquatic outlet yesterday.

reefermadness is great place to get nice sps ! I bought some cloves lol.

Aquatic outlet has 6-7 display tanks with softies. the whole store is really nice all of the holding tanks looks expensive. Their fish look healthy ( did not see dead fish ) not really any coral for sale, just fish. I wanted to get frags of these cloves in the display tanks but ( they are not forsale) prices where expensive also blue tang 69.99 :o

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh yes, I was at PTF yesterday and apparently according to the writing on a tank there and also confirmed by Steve, they had a blue ring octo in stock recently!! :eek: He said most people that liked were WAY hesitant to get it, can you blame them?? :P

Funny you should mention that...

Steve and I had a few words on that very subject. Mine being along the lines of ARE YOU %)(*#%Q&)(&* SERIOUS?!?!?! I actually think I scared Natalie! He just shrugged and said that some people liked them and wanted to try them so he bought it. He warned them about it but they didn't care. We both agreed that they were idiots. Next time you are in there get him to tell you about the crazy shark lady. Its a story to make you laugh and cry.

UH

Archived