Innovative Marine Aquariums

T. crocea in jbj 12dx, stock lights

il0vepez

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hood puts off a good bit of flare in the camera optics, and you can't see the clam's colors in the first one because of the angle. It really doesn't look brown, just like the rocks don't really look pure white. I took the hood off, and took the next one. I didn't change the color of either file or the saturation, just contrast and brightness (I always adjust pictures so that at least few pixels are pitch black and a few are brilliant white); however, the cast of the lighting is certainly more blue in the second one. The purple algae on the shell and the mantle are more intense in real life. He won't extend his mantle all the way after messing with the hood for usually an hour, and I'm not that patient.

I just figured out how to set the aperature on this thing. I snuck up on him and slowly opened the hood and took this picture. You can see enough in the reflecion to tell the picture is certainly not altered. I hope this satisfies you caesar.

Im thinking of trying this once my 12dx arrives in the mail. Keep me updated! The clam looks great and forget all the reefers giving you grief because their panties are in a bunch. Im cheering for ya.

So the package mysteriously shows up at my front door today. I open it and it is green. I call up Future and let them know that the unsigned packaged showed up. They informs me, that if I look closely at my spec sheet, that I will find that this data for the range of dominant wavelength (nm):

green 520 to 550

cyan 490 to 520

blue 460 to 490

I understood this to mean that individual LEDs on board varied by that much (which the caption talks about). Rather, all LED's are the same color on mine, probably around 515. ######ty. So, I will buy a blue as well. Although, the worst case for blue is worse that the worst case for cyan. ######ty. Oh well.

Archived