40 Gallon Custom

calvin415

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's so cool!! Awesome choice!! The yellow on the purple firefish is neat. :D

Thanks! So far they are doing great!

yeah, I love firefish, too. Nice choice! the tank is coming along nicely

Thanks Calvin! Should have a couple more gobies next weekend, then just the Wrasse to decide on... Anyone have any favorites I should consider?

Okay, okay, I've given into peer pressure (Thanks Zach!) :) I took my blue milli back and put it in to see how it does... So far my parameters have been dead on for the last couple weeks so we'll give it a shot. I'll wait a little bit on my Torts, but at least now I know how the tank is doing.

I wish I could get the color in the pic just right, but they just don't come close to how bright it really is...

DSCN1583.jpg

DSCN1576.jpg

DSCN1590.jpg

I would've thrown in some brown digitata to see how things were fairing before I put in a beautiful piece like that. Looking good though.

that's probably his UGLIEST piece!!! 0.o

that's an amazing piece. wow.

Thanks koden, hopefully everything else will make that look bad. ;)

I would've thrown in some brown digitata to see how things were fairing before I put in a beautiful piece like that. Looking good though.

Don't have any brown corals and not sure I want digitata in the tank... At least not right now. Besides if it starts to have issues, I can pull the coral easy enough...

that's probably his UGLIEST piece!!! 0.o

LOL!

Think I'm going to add a jaw fish either tonight or tomorrow... LFS has both pearl, and blue spot, I love the blue spot but I can't justify 135.00 for a little fish right now. Guess Pearl it is...

Wow, that milli is looking hot!

Either Jawfish would look good in your tank, but I wouldn't be able to pass up a bluespot! :D

Normally I wouldn't be able to either, but my wife would kill me if I spent more for a fish than I did on her for Christmas... :) Okay, I'm not that cheap, but damn I hate the holidays... ($$$) Maybe everyone else in town will be the same way and I can get it in January. :huh:

Definitely go for a jawfish. I have a yellowhead and its by far my favorite fish. He watches me just as much as I watch him. Plus they do a good job of stirring up the sand in your tank.

I hear ya', I just bought a purple monti denae for my brother since it was his birthday. :bling:

:bling: Can I be your brother? How about a frag when it get's big enough? :)

Definitely go for a jawfish. I have a yellowhead and its by far my favorite fish. He watches me just as much as I watch him. Plus they do a good job of stirring up the sand in your tank.

Well, I did it! I got a pearly jaw fish tonight, and plan to get one more tomorrow if they still have it left... So far he's hiding, under one of my rocks hopefully he'll relax and start to use some of the shells I've got for him. :)

I'll get some pics, once I can see him.

Can I be your brother? How about a frag when it get's big enough?

Yea, deffinetly! Once I get my system up and running, I'm sure we could do a little frag swap. :D

Still waiting for the little guy to come out hopefully he'll relax and be more social... The LFS had already sold the other pearly so I decided to get the yellow watchman that I had already planned to get. They are still trying to get me a Randals goby, so hopefully I'll get that soon. :)

Here's some different shots of the main Tort frag...

DSCN1638.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1647.jpg

DSCN1648.jpg

And here is a full shot, I couldn't get them all in focus but you can see the frag I'm looking to trade in the back...

DSCN1649.jpg

Okay here some more equipment! Got a dosing pump and now my Ca levels should be rock solid! B-Ionic dosed through out the day with 7.5 ml/day minimum. That should be just right to start. :)

DSCN1656.jpg

DSCN1655.jpg

Archived