Pod Your Reef

40 Gallon Custom

calvin415

Got my ReeferMadness order today, and WOW! These frags are huge! I'll take some pics in a little while, I'm just waiting on my Superman. :)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I got a better shot of the Purple w/ Green polyp Acro, it's not great but I can't get the camera any closer to get a better shot...

DSCN1775.jpg

Here's the frag of A. hyacinthus

DSCN1787.jpg

The M. altasepta

DSCN1739.jpg

And a small Superman frag from fragglereef It's a little browned out right now due to being under poor lighting for the last month (according to their site), but in person the polyps are orange/red and the base is a light purple, hopefully it will color up...

DSCN1766.jpg

I'm trying to get a decent shot of the Tri Colored A. cerealis I got, this frag is Huge but not colored up yet... Also got a pink tabletop A. clathrata and a lime w/ pink polyp A. sarmentosa.

Here's some more shots,

A. sarmentosa

DSCN1792.jpg

Another shot of the A. hyacinthus

DSCN1798.jpg

A. clathrata

DSCN1799.jpg

And my Tri color (currently browned) A. cerealis

DSCN1796.jpg

This is what it should (hopefully will) look like...

Tri-ColorA.jpg

hey calvin! sick shots! RM's corals are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

i gota get a thread up for my tank soon...

that unidenitfied looks like A. nana

Thanks smokez! I talked with the person I got it from and was told it was a Acropora valida... But we'll only know when we see how it grows out. :)

Well, guess I'll show how I do my water changes... Pretty easy 10% changes...

5 gallon bucket with new SW on the desk gravity feeding the sump. 5 gallon bucket on the floor syphoning old SW out. :)

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1829.jpg

Here's some of my favorites that are showing good color. :) Was thinking about submitting one for the SPS photo contest... Any ideas which one I should enter?

Birdsnest2.jpg

Birdsnest3.jpg

Birdsnest.jpg

Hyacinthus.jpg

Hyacinthus3.jpg

Hyacinthus2.jpg

Millepora2.jpg

Millepora.jpg

I guess relative to this forum it is HUGE!!!! =)

My 32g is still considered nano, but my 82 isn't!? i don't get it o.O hehe

goodluck on the picture of your SPS!! You got some amazing corals. I'm jealous. I can't wait to get started on my next tank.

Enter this one:

jue9ec.jpg

I touched it up a smidge.

What camera are you using?

Also, you're not feeding in new water at the same time you pump out the old, are you?

I guess relative to this forum it is HUGE!!!! =)

My 32g is still considered nano, but my 82 isn't!? i don't get it o.O hehe

goodluck on the picture of your SPS!! You got some amazing corals. I'm jealous. I can't wait to get started on my next tank.

LOL!!!! Yeah, I just consider a large reef anything 180 gallons and over, so by comparison mine is a nano. Oh well, like I said it's all relative. ??? Don't be jealous, just order the same ones I did. :)

Enter this one:

jue9ec.jpg

I touched it up a smidge.

What camera are you using?

Also, you're not feeding in new water at the same time you pump out the old, are you?

Thanks bro, updated the pic. I've got a Nikkon 8800. As for the water question, I sure am. The new water goes into the sump to mix with the old, and I remove old (and I suppose a little new) when I syphon out of the display. Doing a 10% water change I have to assume I could take 10% of the new water right back out, but that's why I usually do 2 seperate 10% water changes in the same week. It's pretty easy this way and I don't have to shut down any of the system to do it. I use 3/8" tubing so it's nice and slow so I don't shock anything in the system. :)

Hey calvin, just wanted to let you know that the Mg mix you told be about worked great! I added about 3/4 of it over a week and my Mg is now about 1600. Calcium is also up to above 400 so i'm sure that the Mg has something to do with it.

Yikes! Not sure if it's good to have it that high, might want to do some water changes... But yes that is definately the reason why you've got you Ca levels so high. :)

Okay, the superman is really starting to color up! The base looks great, but the polyps are still orange other than the 4 at the bottom that are close to red. :)

Superman.jpg

And another shot...

Superman2.jpg

Archived