Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRZL-sauras

Msigler,

your right i'm so jealous. I live in the middle of nowhere and have no access to anything..:P ..pffft. Ill post pics soon of my 'chit

BTW nice looking pit, Ive got a chinaman bloodline that would tear it apart.;) Ever game test?:P

Looking good.

I have a couple questions if you don't mind about you lighting. I'm thinking about setting up a 55g tank. I have spent the last 2 days trying to decide on lighting. I was originally going to do some kind of retro MH and use a coralife PC fixture I picked up for cheap but the more I look into it the price is going to end up being close to the same as something like your aqua medics ocean light. So I’m thinking I may just bite the bullet and get a pre made pendent.

My question is, are you happy with the light dispersion from you fixture? I think you have the 36" model and was wondering if you ever wish you got the 48" version. I was talking with Chris and he suggested the 24" model if I wanted to save some money. I'm a little worried it would not be enough light on the sides of the tank so I figured for not the much more I could get the bigger fixture.

Well I guess that’s it, any suggestion you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Orange Crush

Hey everybody! Friendly neighborhood NR moderator here.

You may have noticed this thread has changed a bit since last you loaded it. If you didn't notice, read on and enjoy Tigah's tank.

I deleted a couple dozen posts and edited a few more. While these were overwhelmingly in Tigah's favor, I felt it better to just wipe the slate clean.

If anyone wants to leave feedback on any vendor, you're welcome to do so in the vendor/trader feedback forum. Hijacking a member's thread for this purpose isn't a very nice thing to do, and if it's being done for the sole purpose of spamming, that's even worse.

If anyone has any comments/questions/concerns about their post being edited/deleted, please pm me privately and I'll do my best to help you out. Please don't post about it, either positively or negatively, in this thread. Let's just keep things on topic.

Thanks for everyone's understanding, and on with the thread!

-OC

You got out the scrubber! :P :P :P When did this happen? I liked the cluttered look that I saw last week, bro! ;) haha. It does look quite excellent, if I do say so myself. :)

Originally posted by Sinistard

Looking good.

I have a couple questions if you don't mind about you lighting.  I'm thinking about setting up a 55g tank.  I have spent the last 2 days trying to decide on lighting.  I was originally going to do some kind of retro MH and use a coralife PC fixture I picked up for cheap but the more I look into it the price is going to end up being close to the same as something like your aqua medics ocean light.  So I’m thinking I may just bite the bullet and get a pre made pendent.

My question is, are you happy with the light dispersion from you fixture?  I think you have the 36" model and was wondering if you ever wish you got the 48" version.  I was talking with Chris and he suggested the 24" model if I wanted to save some money.  I'm a little worried it would not be enough light on the sides of the tank so I figured for not the much more I could get the bigger fixture.

Well I guess that’s it, any suggestion you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey dude,

As you can see in the above pics, the lights cover the tank nicely. I am definitely satisfied w/ the 36" lights, and actually think it's better for us shotgun reef (mixed SPS and LPS) keepers since you want some areas to be a little less intense.

36" light over 48" long tank is perfect imo. so a 24" light over a 36" long tank should work out fine as well. hth.

yes! i agree with peter or post one major bandwidth hogging ginormous picture. i'd like to see what you got going on in the bottom of your tanks :D and are your clowns captive or wild?

oh and should i mount that chalice i bought from you? i have no clue how it should grow..is it encrusting? anyways it's a very hot pink now and the eyes are a yellow lime color now. great stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

rainbow0824a.jpg

Looks like it's now covering about 80% of the reef plug.

And this is how it looked back on 7-28-05:

67g0728e.jpg

And it was just mounted around 7-6-05:

67g0705.jpg

it varies. a lot do grow pretty fast, but there are always exceptions. I have a micromussa that I got about 5 months ago and it went from 6 polyps to now 25 polyps (and I fragged it a couple times here an there). But I also have an acan lord that didn't grow at all for first 5 months, but just recently started to pick up growth rate.

but sps have pretty fast growth rates in general and in my tank. the rainbow has just been exceptionally fast since in general they are supposed to be slow growing.

Archived