Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

Hehe. Okay, not as fancy as the name implies. But I wanted to take some top down shots of some frags in my 67g. But the reflection of the MH's and such made it virtually impossible.

So came up w/ this very makeshift solution.

Took some weldon-4 I had lying around and sealed shut the lid to an acrylic box.

67g0706a.jpg

Then used hole saw to make a hole fit to my camera's needs.

67g0706b.jpg

Used some rubberbands to keep the box attached to my camera.

67g0706c.jpg

And prest-o change-o, and now my camera is diving!

67g0706d.jpg

The pic of the danae above was taken w/ this adapter as well as a few sps frags below:

SP0003.jpg

SP0002.jpg

SP0001.jpg

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that rainbow danae is looking nice. We may have to do a little trading, my superman for your rainbow sometime.

I'm surprised at how clear those pictures came out with the acrylic box on the camera.

-Mark

That Danae is very nice, and that underwater adapter is very clever haha. The top shots are very cool.

i love how your rainbow is mostly green...i'm dying to have ANY green polyps now...all it has is bright orangeish-red polyps. lame.

where'd you get your rainbow danae frag? the only place i found was atlantisaquarium.net and they're charging an arm and a leg for a tiny frag X)

How are you liking that Nikon so far?

I've generally preferred the Canon digitals and the Nikon film.

I was wondering when you'd start getting top down shots for your retail site.

I've been satisfied thus far for what it is - basically a fancy point-n-shoot. It would be nice to have a SLR, but can't afford it atm.

It takes great pics and does a lot of the work for you. so saves a little time taking pics. but I haven't fully figured out all its functions yet.

But the top-downs have saved me a lot of time since I was basically moving corals into a suitable position, waiting for them to reopen, taking the pics, and then moving them back. now I can just snap and go. =)

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Hehe.  Okay, not as fancy as the name implies.  But I wanted to take some top down shots of some frags in my 67g.  But the reflection of the MH's and such made it virtually impossible.

So came up w/ this very makeshift solution.

Took some weldon-4 I had lying around and sealed shut the lid to an acrylic box.

ask gil to show you his wade box for shooting and you will quickly find out one of our members made it for him... i want him to make one for me too but i have not worked out the design i want yet because iwant the cam fully inclosed

I dont want my 1500 dollar SLR any where near a beach without some sort of salt and sand protection... :)

TheCoralReef731

Awesome pics! Now you need a tank big enough to scuba in, to get crazily close shots. Hehehe.

Per request from Case in NR chat.

A couple pics of a Canon D60 in my camerabox (it was built with my 20D/100mm macro in mind).

camerabox1.jpg

camerabox2.jpg

Camera box was made by toecutter (toec in reef chat).

:flower:

Archived