Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Nimble is Back!

C Jerome

Eddie

I think yours it going out today. I was working on finishing some up last night but did not have enough time, I am going home at lunch to label the envelopes and pack them so hopefully they will go out in today's mail!

Jerome

Update, I was able to get them packed and to the mail carrier during my lunch break.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bonsaidarrell

I got my super black last week, works great! I did find out, however, that the magnets are strong enough to attract the black sand in my tank, it must have a high iron content.

Thanks for posting. I have had one other person tell me their black sand is magnetic as well. I have never used the black reef sand so I can not speak from personal experience. Whether using black or white sand do be careful to check for sand trapped between either pad and the surface of your aquarium to reduce the risk of scratches especially if your tank is acrylic!

Jerome

I ordered my nimble and super nimble today, looking forward to seeing how they workout! C jerome got back fast on my questions so I hope the service continues to be good,

Dan

w00t!!! my nimblenano got shipped out today, just ordered it a few days. I'm going to see if I can't get some shots of how it preforms vs the cleaner that came with the nano cube.

eddiecorrea
Eddie

I think yours it going out today. I was working on finishing some up last night but did not have enough time, I am going home at lunch to label the envelopes and pack them so hopefully they will go out in today's mail!

Jerome

Update, I was able to get them packed and to the mail carrier during my lunch break.

Very cool Jerome. Thanks.

I got mine today... I'm not that impressed. Did I get a faulty model or something? It wont hardly take anything off my glass without 40+ scrubs. The only thing it seems to get off are my pods. Is this meant to be a daily maintence routine? Ive heard most people say it gets anything but coralline off.. I'm just not seeing that result, I had better luck with a credit card.

Deleted User 6
I got mine today... I'm not that impressed. Did I get a faulty model or something? It wont hardly take anything off my glass without 40+ scrubs. The only thing it seems to get off are my pods. Is this meant to be a daily maintence routine? Ive heard most people say it gets anything but coralline off.. I'm just not seeing that result, I had better luck with a credit card.

what thickness glass?

I have no idea... it looks about half a centimeter thick without a ruler. Standard 20L.

Maybe I have some type of green coralline algae or something that could explain my results. I'll post pictures today when I get back from class.

Deleted User 6
I have no idea... it looks about half a centimeter thick without a ruler. Standard 20L.

Maybe I have some type of green coralline algae or something that could explain my results. I'll post pictures today when I get back from class.

If it's the hard green algae that used to grow on mine, nothing but a razor would take it off. I don't think any of the glass cleaners are made for calciferous algae.

In other news, my Super is shipping out today! Jerome has some of the best customer service that I've dealt with. I originally ordered the Nimble regular and it didn't cut it on my 1/4" glass, so I asked him if I could trade up to the super and cover shipping/price differential. I shipped him the regular and less than a week later he's shipping out my Super. Great guy.

WickedBear

If you could post some of the relevant variables such as which Nimble you are using, size of tank and how thick your glass/acrylic is that would be helpful.

I normally try to clean my tank as part of my daily routine along with other stuff like adding supplements. If your glass is really 'dirty' especially with those really hard to get off green algae dots I recommend trying to give the glass a good cleaning with a razor blade/scrub pad prior to staring with a mag cleaner then use it to maintain the clarity.

You may be in a similar situation as DHaut, in that you are using the Nimble on glass that is too thick for it to be effective, where the Nimble Super might do a better job.

Please keep in mind there are not defective parts, the magnets are from a licensed factory that operates at the highest standards and not surplus junk. The effective pull force between the two halves is directly related to how far apart they are, AKA how thick the glass is. If the glass is quite thick then the attraction will be less.

Jerome

Nimble Nano, Standard 20L, Glass. I was planning on doing my maintence today, so I'll see how it works when I get the tank clear. It's built up a bit while on spring break, and ive never had my glass... "clear", just scrubbed best I could with a credit card. I'll try to get it completely clear in todays maintence and see how it maintains my glass from there.

If it's the hard green algae that used to grow on mine, nothing but a razor would take it off. I don't think any of the glass cleaners are made for calciferous algae.

Yeah, I'm not going to go out on a limb and blame the nimble for this, I guess I just got my hopes up with all the hype of this product(not that its undeserved). It is a fairly hard green algae, but it didn't look like coralline at all so I was hoping. I have a feeling im going to have to go with your route and completely scrape it off and use the the nimble after that.

For the 20L a Nimble Super may be a better choice, after you test out the Nimble if its not cutting it for you send me a PM and we can work it out!

Jerome

Thanks Jerome, I can see why everyone only praises your customer service. I'll keep in touch.

Hey Jerome, how the progress going on the nimble super clears? my glass is looking like puke :(

Needreefunds

My super in black came in yesterday. Thanks Jerome!

Rather stealth looking. B)

And I would agree, nothing short of a blade will touch the tiny green dots.

But follow that with a fast nimble pass every day or so and the tank glass should stay super clean.

i got my super nimble today thanks jerome..i just tried it on my tank and its doing a great job cleaning the glass...

thanks again

eddiecorrea
Eddie

Jerome

Got it today!!! Very fast shipping. And it works so freakin good!!! Thanks alot for an amazing product Jerome!

Can I get an email update? Has mine been shipped too?

Got mine least night.

I haven't put it in my tank yet because it stunk of fiberglass resin, I have it soaking in a cup of RO water for a couple days.

Archived