Pod Your Reef

The Nimble is Back!

C Jerome

eddiecorrea
I want one of these so bad, but I dread trying to use paypal. I don't even know my sign in name.

Its worth it lol. I clean my glass everyday now because it is so cool lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
slippy steve

I know, I go old fashion on it. I hate sticking my hand in there, but hate looking at cloudy glass more.

Jerome, I got your PM, I will be ordering one of these ASAP!

Just got mine yesterday, so far so good. Doesn't cause near the problems shaking stuff around in the water if I get going fast with it.

Talk about a great seller, Jerome is it!! I have a Super Nimble I bought over 2 years ago. I actually bought this before I set my tank up, LOL!. I decided it was time to retire the "old" nimble and order a new one. Jerome suggested he send me a pair of replacement pads instead. So, for $1.50, I get the replacement pads and after taking off the old ones, I put the new pads on. It is working as good as new and has rejuvenated the ole Nimble and this is a great idea for those of us who have older Nimbles! ;)

Talk about a great seller, Jerome is it!! I have a Super Nimble I bought over 2 years ago. I actually bought this before I set my tank up, LOL!. I decided it was time to retire the "old" nimble and order a new one. Jerome suggested he send me a pair of replacement pads instead. So, for $1.50, I get the replacement pads and after taking off the old ones, I put the new pads on. It is working as good as new and has rejuvenated the ole Nimble and this is a great idea for those of us who have older Nimbles! ;)

Replacement pads? on my old hammerhead magnet I use to replace with Velcro like these

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/7449...ength-Tape-2-x/

Is Jerome using something different?

Heck No!! These were the Super Duper, Heavy Duty Algae Removing pads made specifically for the Super Nimble! :D

J/K, It probably is something similar to what you linked to. But for a buck fifty vs. almost 9 bucks for the Office Depot, I think it's a good deal. Plus he sent me 2 sets of pads. Considering this is the first time I replaced them in over 2 years, I figure I should be good for around 5-6 years! ;)

Heck No!! These were the Super Duper, Heavy Duty Algae Removing pads made specifically for the Super Nimble! :D

J/K, It probably is something similar to what you linked to. But for a buck fifty vs. almost 9 bucks for the Office Depot, I think it's a good deal. Plus he sent me 2 sets of pads. Considering this is the first time I replaced them in over 2 years, I figure I should be good for around 5-6 years! ;)

LOL that's 2" x 4 feet for $9, that will last forever! :)

I don't want to jeopardize or derail what Jerome is selling and I am sure it is a better product on his Nimble's.

Got my e-mail this morning mine is being shipped Monday :) can't wait and I will be sure to post pictures and have a review.

All I can say is WOW!!

I have bought a lot of things in this hobby and I am saying this Nimble may be the best product I have bought thus far. Received mine yesterday and right away tried it out, packaging was better than needed and the Nimble looks great out of the package.

I have a Solana so I got the Super Nimble and it had a nice solid grab with the glass that is just under 1/4" thick. I had 4 weeks of crud built up on the glass and the first swipe made me ecstatic!! works better than advertised!!

One thing I loved is the Solana is a rimless tank as you all know and the low profile made it easy to get the top of the tank without splashing water all over the place. After finishing cleaning the glass I slid it up into the rear of the tank and it is virtually invisible, the wife had to actually look for it :)

Thanks Jerome for one of the best products I have bought in this hobby and I will be creating a thread over at my local reef club(Boston Reefers Society) promoting this product for sure!!

Kevin

I'm beginning to have doubts about the quality of workmanship on my Nimble Nano. Yes, I bought it for my 20 cube contest tank which I subsequently won, no thanks to the nimble for sure. And yes, I've had it for over five years and Jerome replaced the pads on it during that time.

But when I dropped the inside scraper on the ceramic tile floor it developed a big crack. When I tried to seal it with superglue it still got saltwater on the magnets and now it's rusted and busted the whole thing open, so I guess I'm going to have to replace it. What a POS.

Just kidding Jerome. I've calculated that I've probably cleaned 12.45 sq. miles of glass with that little rascal.

Only the inside scraper is broken, the outside piece is still good. Can you make another inside piece or will I have to buy the whole thing?

I have had my original Nimble for almost 2 years now and love it. You should have seen how the new one cut thru the coraline (sp?) where the old one would no longer.

I can buy just the pads??

Jerome, I just bought 2 more Super Nimbles (I now have 3 total) and I would like to give one of the new ones to a coworker. Can I buy just the pads also from you so I can always have one in reserve?

Thanks for a great product,

Harry

I got confirmation that my super and nimble were sent by first class mail yesterday! Can't wait to try them out! Thanks jerome!

I have made leaps and bounds, once I finish making the set of Black Nimbles and get them mailed everything will be up to date (aside from maybe an order yet to be recored since Monday).

Jerome

• 2 weeks later...

I got my nimbles today and all I can say is amazing service and product! The packaging was very professional (with a cute white with sparkles wrap under the bubble wrap) and the super nimble went right to work in my 12g aquapod, allowing me to retire the crappy and bulky magfloat! The strong magnets along with the slim design make this a must have for all nano or pico owners. I am very impressed with how these guys work around the rounded corners. Thanks jerome for a great product. Oh and let me know If you'd like a Canadian distributor!

Thanks for sharing your experience, it sounds like the Nimble Super is work well for you!

I am happy you liked the tissue paper, I rotate between what ever color the dollar store has in stock. The last time I was there it was white with sparkles, i am partial to blue though in keeping with the water theme.

Jerome

trakmasterrs

just placed my order for the Super today! Jerome, when should I expect this? I figure you have to make them and then ship it as well.

Sure if anyone would like to pick up their order I can open the 'warehouse' (aka my apartment) for will-call. I also have some nice zoo frags available for purchase!

I have some ready to mail now, I will be working on packing them this evening for mailing on Monday morning.

Jerome

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, the nonstop rain the last three weeks has slowed me down some along with the passing of my old computer this past week, I am in the process of trying to migrate my things to the new one but have not gotten e mail worked out yet, hope to do so within a day.

Jerome

Archived