Top Shelf Aquatics

free cleaner package =)

bill624

Zoos are often shipped damp, with moist newspaper, but nothing should be bagged together... Snails in their own bags, zoos in their own bags, hermits in their own bags....

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked them out again...when I bought mine they had 150 or so cleaner packages.....they are sold out now dang that was fast and they are gonna have a busy weekend that's for sure!

Originally posted by Caesar777

Zoos are often shipped damp, with moist newspaper, but nothing should be bagged together... Snails in their own bags, zoos in their own bags, hermits in their own bags....

Should I try to contact them and bit@#?

i have crabs

This is a promotional offer to try and get new customers, if I am not happy with what they send me, I am gonna bit@#, and not do business with them in the future. So far, it doesnt sound like they are impressing people.

zoas are often shipped like that in a damp newspaper/paper towel. They probably should have been separated from the other stuff, but other than that its not uncommong.

wow now that is getto zoos and snails and crabs in the same bag!!!! I just hope the dead snails didnt kill the zoos also. I believe I'v met these guys before and see them all the time at lfs,They seem to be nice people. I hope they do the reefing community good, it would be nice to have another good local seller in the area.

My boyfriend contacted them regarding how they will ship his order (zoo's and cleanup crew) - this was their reply:

"Thanks for contacting us.

Regarding the packaging, we ship cleaners dry with damp paper towel. This is how they were imported from overseas to wholesalers. The critters have high metabolism rate. With this high metabolism rate, the toxic waste they produce will be detrimental if shipped in water. By shipping them dry with damp paper towel, this reduces the chance of intoxicating the animals.

We have been shipping these critters for the past 3 years with very minimal DOAs as you may have read what others have to say about us from RC and RAG. DOAs do, however, happen in cases where the bag left unattended under direct sunlight or in snowy weather condition.

We do ship zoo dry as well as the same way they are imported from overseas. By adding water in the zoo may increase a chance for toxic to release due to stress or death polyps during transit. Shipping the zoo dry minimizes this chance.

We do offer live on arrival for live stock (excludes the free cleaner package). If your zoo arrived dead, please follow our Live Arrive policy for claim. We will be glad to provide a replacement.

Sincerely,

Kenton and Corey"

Doesn't really answer why they were bagged together in d00dy's order tho. d00dy: are the zoos you ordered doing ok?

Yeah, they seem to be opening up today. I just did'nt seem right to ship them ALL in the same bag. I have purchased snails in the past from Kenton and was very impressed. Yes these are fee cleaners, so I cant bit@$ about the dead ones.

they should disclose there shipping method. i would of not ordered from them knowing im getting snails in wet paper. has anyone rec'd there package at all?

i agree if i get mostly dead snails i will not order from them again.

read what they replied again..it says that if its the free cleaner package then they wont replace it but if you buy livestock and it is doa just simply follow the Live Arrival Claim thinger majigger..but i might be wrong..iono

i do not expect them to replace the package. but to atleast warn people of there shipping methods. that FACT that they shipped snails with zoos in one wet towel. is not a good sign.

Did they send an email to you guys about the shipment? I ordered on Wednesday, I live in California and still didn't get the package or any email. Wondering if sent it or not?

clifford513

The guy emailed me with a $10 coupon code after the code I received upon log in fail to work. The new code worked. I emailed him yesterday evening and had an answer this morning.

Did anybody else notice that the free *$25* cleaner package is really only $14.50 worth of stuff, according to their own prices? LOL.

Ordered one for myself anyway.

Originally posted by ktownhero

Did anybody else notice that the free *$25* cleaner package is really only $14.50 worth of stuff, according to their own prices?  LOL.

Ordered one for myself anyway.

Eh, I'm an ass. When you click the link it does say that it is $14.50 at their rates, $25 at regular retailer rates. NEVERMIND! hahaha.

Archived