SaltCritters.com

free cleaner package =)

bill624

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

johnnye and reefin300, thank you. can't wait for the next one...:-))))

GregSVT, thanks for registering. When we re-launch our site, the free cleaner crew will be back on and at that time you can place your order.

Kenton

I was so excited to finally get my package today, my free cleaner package with my zoo's i opened it up and found, My zoo's thats it kinda wondering where the free cleaner package i ordered is???

KidCNU ... had the same prob here. Sent my money and never got anything. Kentonhq says he sent it out and if I want another 'free package' I would have to send him antother $4 ... no thanks

no see i got my order i think, it's only the zoanthids i bought but they don't look like them i dunno and no cleaners so i'm gonna see whats going on

KidCNU .. my prediction: he will ask you to send another $4 to 'cover teh shipping' when really it should have been shipped in the same package. It was in no way my fault that I didn't get the package he claims to have sent out (USPS verified they never received a pkg from them, only electronic INTENT to ship) and I'm being stuck with the bill for it? Doesn't make sense to me but who am I to try to get something 'free'? haha

So I got my cleaner package today... And many questions came with it. I can't tell which ones are alive, which ones are dead. I know this sounds stupid but the moving ones are nice. But some just stays there. So I should just take the ones that don't move at all out of the tank because they are dead?

Got my cleaner package yesterday. Two of my Cerith snails died, but everything else is doing great. Tank is already looking cleaner this morning! Thanks for the great offer guys.

Baris90, put them in saltwater (not your main tank, but a small cup of water from your tank), and ditch those not moving after about 10 mins.

Originally posted by KidCNU

actully he was like hehe, we screwed up your cleaner crew is on it's way

KidCNU, your package was sent out yesterday at no cost to you. Yes we paid the shipping charge because it was out fault. Corey missed putting your free package in the zoo order when he shipped it out to you.

Originally posted by Nemo_0916

KidCNU .. my prediction: he will ask you to send another $4 to 'cover teh shipping' when really it should have been shipped in the same package. It was in no way my fault that I didn't get the package he claims to have sent out (USPS verified they never received a pkg from them, only electronic INTENT to ship) and I'm being stuck with the bill for it? Doesn't make sense to me but who am I to try to get something 'free'? haha

Hi Lam, as we have discussed in our back and forth emails, your package shipping label was purchased online and USPS does not support tracking for label purchase online, UNTIL the package is delivered. By which time, they update the tracking info. What you are referring as "USPS verified they never received a pkg from them, only electronic INTENT to ship" is not an accurate statement from USPS. The POST only scans your package in when you pay shipping postage in person at their branch. They do not scan packages that are prepaid with online shipping label. To make the story short, and as I mentioned in my emails to you that we offer more than 300 free cleaner packages and if everyone who does not receive their order (not caused by us), demands for a replacement free of charge, then we will go broke. I hope you once again understand our position here. We only send out replacement if and only if the fault is from us (like in the case of KidCNU, we sent his replacement free of charge. We paid for shipping becuase it was our fault.) For your situation, there is no way that you and I can prove that the POST did not receive your package, or misplace it some where. But I and Corey can assure you that your package was shipped on the same day of 100+ packages shipped to others (everyone received theirs). I have my check list of all orders that I processed (create shipping labels online) and Corey has his check list of all orders that he packed and shipped. Yours was marked on both of our list.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Kenton

Still waiting for the new zoo's to go up, the last ones i got from you had a HUGE paly on it really cool, looking to snag some more as you have 50 more i hope they go up soon!

Originally posted by KidCNU

Still waiting for the new zoo's to go up, the last ones i got from you had a HUGE paly on it really cool, looking to snag some more as you have 50 more i hope they go up soon!

We are uploading pics onto our site.

WOAH! Did the shipping costs go way up or what?! I live in maine and the 2-3 day is over $15.00. I typed in 90210 as a california code to compare and that was at least $13. Everyone earlier on this thred was quoting $5-ish for shipping.

Kentonhq .. sorry not to start anything just posting my experiences so others can gauge interest what not ...

nr-187 & reefin300 ... could not have said it better myself. Initially it was $4 to ship now it's a MIN of $15 to ship regardless of which method you choose ... just my opinion .. ;)

Yeah...the shipping prices went way up. I was about to order the free cleaner package, a couple fire shrimp, and possibly some zoanthids once they get posted, but now I'm not sure if I'm getting anything...

Handling Charge

A handling charge is a fee assessed for processing order. This includes processing/packaging, box/materials, and heat/cold packs (when neccessary).

There is a $10 handling fee charge per order.

thats mighty expensive for a box

reefin300, Nemo_0916, and nr-187, you are all correct. The shipping cost now includes handling fee as stated in our Shipping & Return Policy. As you may have noticed that on our website main page, the 4th bullet down "All new shipping & packaging" and also on the Invert page and the Free Cleaner Package page (as with other pages), it says "Please read Shipping Policy". As per our Shipping Policy "A handling charge is a fee assessed for processing order. This includes processing/packaging, box/materials, and heat/cold packs (when necessary). There is a $10 handling fee charge per order."

After receiving many suggestions from many customers about shipping and packaging, we have improved our shipping/packaging method. All live stock orders will be shipped in a styrofoam lining with heat or cold pack (if necessary), carton box.

Although, we had our shipping policy (with a $10 handling fee) stated clearly on our site when we first launched it, we did not implement the $10 handling fee for the first batches of orders that we sent out. We used USPS Priority Mail boxes but their box is not styrofoam lining and they don't offer heat/cold pack with their free box. We will continue using their box for small orders and our box for larger orders (since USPS only offers 2 sizes box) and will add styrofoam, heat/cold pack and will implement the handling fee.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kenton

I don't know but when I ship corals out (have had a 99% success rate I might add) ... I use the USPS boxes and buy styro from Home Depot for about $2 for each 2'x4' piece and cut it up to git the box ... heat packs + styro + tape + etc. to pack and ship the item DID NOT = $15 for ME ... just a thought ... but it's a free market you are free to charge if you find a willing buyer ;) ... :) :) :)

Kenton: just curious, I remember you defending you shipping method as what you have done in the past 3 years with high success rate AS WELL AS shipping it the way that the wholesalers ship it when they ship the inverts, corals, etc ... I personally think they have shipping this down to an efficient art ... why the change??? jsut curious that's all ... thanks and good luck on the relaunched website ... :)

Archived