inTank Media Baskets

Former TOTM winners - is your tank still up?

Lebowski_

Snow_Phoenix
1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

I only have a quick iPhone pic. 
but here it is. 
3541E763-E0A0-4CA7-A964-1E6D3E1890E1.thumb.jpeg.3ce35607888c1ea631d837999282668d.jpeg

for reference here’s a pic from like 2015:

F7EA70A8-EF5B-4BAE-879B-2A70053AEA8E.thumb.jpeg.070be7a5fc06edde207962b1c911ec87.jpeg

It still looks very beautiful to me. I like the amount of mature growth you have in there. That monti (?) in your recent FTS looks amazing. :happy:

mitten_reef

As for some more people I follow on here...

I also see @xellos88 popping in to update every so often...

@Cannedfish tank is long gone.  I got a Red Sea Reefer delivery pic teaser from him a long while back, but nothing since.

@jservedio had a nice upgrade and hasn't been very active, but definitely check out his new thread.

@Matteo was done with reef, last i heard from him.

@joshthebox is still very active, altho I believe his TOTM was taken down.  Right? 

I've lost track of @SaltyGallon and @SaltyTanks, used to see them on IG for a bit.

• Like 5

Mines still up. Actualy all 3 of my tanks are still running. 4 if you count the fresh water one. My tiny tank cooked during the heatwave and I lost alot of stuff. The other 2 are meh rn because some neglect related too getting married and a pending move. That includes the totm tank. Once the house is finished and the tanks moved I'll probly do a deep clean with new substrait and redo the scapes.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
3 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

It still looks great to me. Sure, less clean and manicured, but full of life.

Those darn BTAs really do take over tanks, don't they.

back when i maintained this tank, I would sell 3-5 a week to keep the numbers down.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
SaltyGallon
9 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

As for some more people I follow on here...

I also see @xellos88 popping in to update every so often...

@Cannedfish tank is long gone.  I got a Red Sea Reefer delivery pic teaser from him a long while back, but nothing since.

@jservedio had a nice upgrade and hasn't been very active, but definitely check out his new thread.

@Matteo was done with reef, last i heard from him.

@joshthebox is still very active, altho I believe his TOTM was taken down.  Right? 

I've lost track of @SaltyGallon and @SaltyTanks, used to see them on IG for a bit.

Hey Mitten and all. Neither my TOTM tank or my coldwater pico are still going - we had a baby and needed the space and time etc. The TOTM 1G had a good three year run all in all! So no salty hands at the mo, but another time - I still find coldwater marine fascinating and a bigger coldwater tank would be brilliant someday. I've done plenty of 'rockpooling' / 'tidepooling' down the coast this year, which has sometimes been as enjoyable as having a tank 🙂

Take care 👍🏼

• Like 7
burtbollinger

i shut it down a few months ago and converted to freshwater planted.  2017-2023.  Much more peaceful IMO, which is what I need right now.

• Like 9

Mine is no longer alive either made some terrible decisions after going a bit too crazy with marine worms and unfriendly coral in the tank. Wish I was smarter it would still be here today guaranteed

. Tried to make some cool tanks after I ruined the totm one and it just wasn't the same afterwards.  

Hoping to one day get back into it, it really is the funnest hobby. 

Screenshot_20230719-122035-478.png

• Sad 3