inTank Media Baskets

Reefkids: Casa Del Reef (Now with fish)

Reefkid88

@mitten_reef for some reason the cords just were not compatible I guess,and in the midst I guess it popped a driver lol because now one channel is completely dead because no matter what led string I put to it,it won't fire them up. So I'll just replace a ldd 🤷‍♂️ !!! 

• 2 weeks later...

So plasma money coming in clutch today I made 3 seperate orders for:

3 Luxeon M royal blues

MakerLed fan

All the barrel jack stuff to power it wth a in-line switch

Thermal adhesive

4 Luxeon ES royals

1 Viosys 430

1 Luxeon ES cool blue

10ft solid core wire

2 ldd's 

I have to send my storms in to get fixed,yet again so once the fan gets on the sink I will just run them with no controller. 

I also got a hermit and astrea snail to mow down the humble beginnings hair algae on the rocks and sand before it gets too wild. 

Got the fan wired up and mounted on the heatsink and it definitely does its job for sure. Not professional looking at all,but its hidden up in the fixture so 🤷‍♂️

Saturday the M's will be here so I will pry everything up and try those out and see how they are. I will need some diffuser material for suuuure. 

20220901_161046.jpg

58 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Didn’t like the beam?  Too much blue?

Oh no,I liked them plenty. I finally got my hands on some M's and wanted to mess with them and see how I liked them. 

Tank is still chugging along with a single lonely hermit lol. I want to get some corals in this thing but well,life has been throwing me curve balls literally EVERY WEEK and its been frustrating. 

I do want to get see if I can find a par meter and take some measurements on my light and see what par this thing is putting out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well we survived Hurricane Ian,thankfully. Lost power 2 times,once for 20-30 minutes and then last night for about 7hrs. Had a small roof leak in one small area,but thankfully thats it. Thankfully the tank is empty coral wise or else things probably would have been bad. 

I will be buying a CPU power back up though to at least power my Sicce and my heater and light if I can get away with it for future hurricanes. 

I know my brother n law and sister have been out of power since Wednesday night and had some serious flooding almost inches from breaching into the house.

• Like 3

Jeez, glad you are okay. I feel like 20-30 minutes isn't to bad for loss of power, even twice. I've had that twice recently up here (I think it is due to some work down the road) and even had about 2 hours of loss without issue.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, schg said:

Jeez, glad you are okay. I feel like 20-30 minutes isn't to bad for loss of power, even twice. I've had that twice recently up here (I think it is due to some work down the road) and even had about 2 hours of loss without issue.

You and me both,honestly. I feel so bad in the Fort Myers and surrounding areas. It just destroyed literally everything. They have nothing left. But no the first time it was nothing,then lastnight it went out,8:30 rolled around and I just went to bed since I had to work today. But then get to work and my super told us to leave and he would pay us for a full day 🤷‍♂️ lol. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting to see some coralline spots forming on my live rock,so I scrapped a few spots in hopes it'll spread. 

Used the Photon app on my phone to take some par readings of my hybrid array over the 10" cube and at 6" above the tank where the waterline would be was 600,400 mid tank and about 220-250 on the bottom glass. I assume with water can be looking at a 10-15% decrease if not 20%,which still is not bad at all. 

• Like 2

For the first time in my life, I scrapped all the coraline from my 22 and poured it into the 80. It was a soup of purple/muddy water. However, it took less then a month and coraline started going gangbusters. There's something to be said about letting it spread, I've never had coraline so fast, normally it takes me years. 

• Like 1

@YHSublime

Did you lol ?! Well hell yeah that is awesome. I hardly ever get it to grow. Usually its in my AquaClear intake tube closest to the light. 

When I scraped it off the rock,the layer under the deep purple was pink,so hopefully some comes in pink. 

7 hours ago, YHSublime said:

It’s always first in my high flow areas

I am hoping it will take off here soon. This is the first time I have had live rock and all the coralline hasn't died off after a few days. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I was looking at the tank,and wanted to see if the lid still fit and would ta look at this,I could have not cut it any closer lol 😂 I do have to cut one corner free and fix the 1/8" gap and resilicone it. 

20221027_210221.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Messing with some diodes,I got bored lol came up with a really nice combo that would be great for a non-dimming type of person. Very crisp and almost perfect but not for this guy (1x warm white,1x true blue,1x cyan,1x mint,4x royals (2x semi,2x cree xte) and 2x violet). Much more white and crisp than the picture shows. 

20221105_192450.thumb.jpg.35ab0e9382567dda7a5d059a539744bb.jpg

20221105_192405.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So,little update..

1. ATO is ordered from autotopoff.com

2. 12" heatsink ordered from StevesLeds to supplement the T5.

3. Waiting on a memeber to send me out a 2nd MP10,which will be ran on alternate modes from my other mp10.

4. I still need to order nitrate,phosphate,ph test kits.

Once these 4 come together,sps will start going into the tank once everything is 110% where it needs to be. But here is an empty FTS:

16688220366641243444377652846426.jpg

• Like 2

So I was able to get some stuff from BRS black friday "deals". Pretty much everything I need. Some test kits,neo nitro/phos,coral foods,KZ stuff,carbon,ato container stuff,2x t5 bulbs, ect ect. 

• Like 1
  • Reefkid88 changed the title to Reefkids: Casa Del Reef (Now with fish)