Top Shelf Aquatics

Ninja's 200g Peninsula

ninjamyst

32 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

does the peninsula have the same stupid jut out in the middle like this? ____/-----\___

it looks like it does.

I'm having mad trouble with dead spots on the sides of the jut out.

Yes it does.  So dumb.  But I have the gyre at the just put so no dead spot there.  It's where all the action is.

• Like 4

New page, new photo.  I remember that game we play back in the day =P.

Side view of the scape.  Added the melanurus wrasse and canary blenny.  Trying to catch the other fish in the 75g but they tooooo smart. Also added a couple of frags to test out the water.

I been cycling these rocks for 6 months now in a brute and I also moved over 8 bio-lux biomedia that's been sitting in the 75g.  

DSC_1137-01.thumb.jpeg.4b598a3f33ff260ed293e320f1bdc6a6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

I just want to say that the innovative Marine internal overflow paired with the Fiji Cube sump is dead silent.  I am also using spears gate valve.  My red sea has a gurgling sound all the time.  This tank + sump is dead silent.  Looking into the sump, I can't even tell water is flowing.  It's sooooo quiet.  I am using the filter floss tray and it's amazing.  I love this sump.  I hate the hydor seltz D pump though.  Constant humming noise.  Maybe it will quiet down once it breaks in.  

• Like 5

Didn't want to use my personal account for reef stuff anymore =P.  Although I am scared to share all the bad stuff I am doing...like....adding 2 Talbots damsel and foxface today.  5 fish in the tank already in less than a week.  I also dropped in a bubble tip just now.  Hahahah.  Cycling the rocks for months definitely helps =P.  Instant reef.  

And I linked to nanoreef on my insta!  Represent!  

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Facebook removed our ability to embed them 😔. Hoping for a solution again some day.

Do you know why Meta/Facebook removed this ability?  It could be the Instagram Photo Embedding Class Action from 2021 that was recently thrown out (2 weeks ago) 🤔

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=3035f1c8-a949-408c-86b9-77651efb1415

There's something magical about this tank.  I did a rip clean of my 13.5g nano and moved some corals that weren't doing so well into this tank.  Within 10 mins they all opened better than ever.  And the Radions make them pop even more!  I am a true believer in AB+ lighting now...

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

A bit of cured LR and more different types of macro should be okay. 

Once I take down the 350, I may move over more biomedia since I don't have much rocks in display.  I may get some red macro from reefcleaners too.  Thanks for the suggestion!!!

• Like 2

Current fish list:

Powder Brown Tang

Tomini Tang

Bluethroat Trigger x2

Foxface

Copperband

Midas Blenny

Canary Blenny

Melanurus Wrasse

Talbot Damsels x2

Springeri Damsel

Feeding 2-3x a day.  3-5 cubes.  Gonna go broke buying fish food.  The foxface and triggers and tangs are always hungry!!!

• Like 3
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

Current fish list:

Powder Brown Tang

Tomini Tang

Bluethroat Trigger x2

Foxface

Copperband

Midas Blenny

Canary Blenny

Melanurus Wrasse

Talbot Damsels x2

Springeri Damsel

Feeding 2-3x a day.  3-5 cubes.  Gonna go broke buying fish food.  The foxface and triggers and tangs are always hungry!!!

Time to buy frozen blocks? 😂

• Haha 3
M. Tournesol
6 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Maybe you could make some diy frozen food?

• Like 2