Ninja's 200g Peninsula

ninjamyst

Ninja's 200g Peninsula

Tank: Innovatine Marine INT 200 Peninsula

Sump: Fiji Cube 44"

Light: Radion G4 XR30 Pro x3

Circulation: Maxspect Gyre 350 x2

Automation: None, die Apex die

I am back =).  This will be an upgrade of my Red Sea Reefer 350.  It's jam packed with corals and I have no more room.  Tank was ordered back in August but took 6 months to get here due to pandemic.  This is going to be a fast build once the tank is in place.  I am starting with new rocks so I can build my dream scape.  Focus will be on lots of fish with minimalistic scape.  I will be very selective in my corals because I won't have a lot of space to mount them.  

Here's a teaser pic of the tank =P

272474575_10158834531258883_4886046177152179912_n.thumb.jpg.00a5f91340e8897bf9189644470445e9.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 9

Fish wishlist....

Fish I already have that will be moved over:

2 a-hole clowns

2 lyretail anthias

2 talbot damels

1 springeri damsel

1 female melanurus wrasse

1 royal gamma

1 purple strip dottyback

1 canary blenny

1 foxface

New Fish

5 more lyretail anthias

3 more talbot damsels

2 orange firefish

2 yellowhead jawfish

2 bluethroat trigger

1 copperband butterfly

1 bluestar leopard wrasse

1 yellow coris wrasse

1 midas blenny

1 naso tang

1 yellow tang when the price goes back down =P

• Like 6
On 1/29/2022 at 9:57 PM, ninjamyst said:

Love it!  If you are ever in Orlando, I have soooo much corals to unload.  

At the moment I am tankless,but possibly here in the neae future I might start a pico back up. I am about 30 minutes from Orlando,so when I start one up I will definitely shoot you a PM and see what ya got !!! 

Any acro's ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

At the moment I am tankless,but possibly here in the neae future I might start a pico back up. I am about 30 minutes from Orlando,so when I start one up I will definitely shoot you a PM and see what ya got !!! 

Any acro's ? 

I only have PC rainbow and Pink Lemonade right now.  I will be getting more since new tank matures.  

• Like 1

Some lessons learned from my last 4 tanks that I will apply here...

• A clean uncluttered sandbed creates more negative space and makes tank look even bigger.  I will try really hard to not jam pack the sandbed with corals.
  • Avoid mixing encrusting corals with other corals.  I love montipora and favia and lepto.  But this time I will make sure to place them on their own rock and let them duke it out.  
  • Corals can take higher light than we give them credit for.  I was running my AP700 at 100% to get the best color out of acros.  All my other LPS and softies can take the high light.  It's all about acclimation.  That's why I will be running 4 XR30 in this tank.  
  • Don't starve your fish and corals.  I will be feeding fish at least 3 times a day.  That will create enough nutrients for the corals too.  Big import and big export.  That's the key.  I have a huge skimmer and will also run a fuge.  
  • Algae is part of life.  Hair algae, bryopsis, bubble algae, turf algae, my tanks had them all at some point.  There's no stopping it.  I am not gonna freak out over it.  It's about picking the right CUC and the right fish to outcompete the algae.  It does not mean starving algae out.  When you do that, you starving everything out.  

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Algae is part of life.  Hair algae, bryopsis, bubble algae, turf algae, my tanks had them all at some point.  There's no stopping it.  I am not gonna freak out over it.  It's about picking the right CUC and the right fish to outcompete the algae.  It does not mean starving algae out.  When you do that, you starving everything out.

100% here. I have hair and bubble algae right now.  But everything is in balance, nobody is taking off.  An army of emerald crabs from Reef Cleaners are holding up against bubble algae really well. It’s the damn orange sponge that I can’t beat.  Urchins worked really well on them, but too well, they keep stripping coralline off of my rock

• Like 1

Finished the stand tonight.  I had to do it twice cuz the instruction was wrong and their YouTube video was also wrong.  But I love the stand.  Aluminum.  Super light weight.  I can lift it by myself.  But you do need two people to put it together.  Now that I got the hang of it, it only took 30 mins to put it together the second time.  I am impressed it can hold the tank.  

PXL_20220202_032154079.thumb.jpg.eda4a7fdb9712c6a68b2feebbf6d8efa.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

100% here. I have hair and bubble algae right now.  But everything is in balance, nobody is taking off.  An army of emerald crabs from Reef Cleaners are holding up against bubble algae really well. It’s the damn orange sponge that I can’t beat.  Urchins worked really well on them, but too well, they keep stripping coralline off of my rock

I still have bubble algae where the foxface can't get to.  But I am ok with that.  My glass also gets dirty every day.  I am ok with that too.  My zoas are growing like crazy.  My Walt Disney is coloring back up a little.  I am feeding a lot alot now.  Got an auto feeder and feeding pellets throughout the day.  My anthias are big and fat.  I should have gotten an urchin to control the coralline issue I am having.  The side glass are complete covered with coralline.

• Like 2

World wide coral came and moved the tank today.  Now onto plumbing!  And of course I didn't buy enough PVC pipes and unions and now BRS is out of them.  Blah.  I will most likely start filling it up before plumbing is all done.  Living life on the edge....hahha

PXL_20220206_180356323-01.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 5
6 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

World wide coral came and moved the tank today.  Now onto plumbing!  And of course I didn't buy enough PVC pipes and unions and now BRS is out of them.  Blah.  I will most likely start filling it up before plumbing is all done.  Living life on the edge....hahha

I think the INT was a much better choice than the EXT. I love how it divides the space perfectly.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

What size do you need. I have a bunch of unions I didn’t use. 

3 hours ago, kimberbee said:

It's huge!!

🤣

I don't hear that enough =P.  Hahah.

2 hours ago, xiaoxiy said:

I think the INT was a much better choice than the EXT. I love how it divides the space perfectly.

Now that the tank is up, I don't regret getting the INT anymore since it allows the tank to be exactly aligned to the end of the couch lounge.  If I had gotten the EXT, the tank would have stuck out and there will be many many hurt toes.  Hahaha.  

1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

What size do you need. I have a bunch of unions I didn’t use. 

It's the blue pipes they are out of =(.  You know of any other vendor carrying the exact color?  A lot of places carry the eShopps ones but the reviews are bad on those.  

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

It's the blue pipes they are out of =(.  You know of any other vendor carrying the exact color?  A lot of places carry the eShopps ones but the reviews are bad on those.

Ohhh . I meant just unions. I have some spare 1” and 3/4” no idea on blue pvc. 

9 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Ohhh . I meant just unions. I have some spare 1” and 3/4” no idea on blue pvc. 

Thanks!  I found it at WWC.  Surprisingly they sell some plumbing parts.  Also ended up getting the eShopps blue pipes.  

I think I will fill the tank with RODI first to leak test.  If all goes well, I will add salt directly and mix in the tank.  Then add rock, then sand.  I don't like adding sand last but it is what it is...

• Like 2

Woke up to RTN and dead hammer skeletons in the red sea reefer.  I knew things were bad last night with the cloudy water that smells like puke.  In order to move new tank into place, I had to take down the old tank the night before and transfer everything to buckets.  I spent all day yesterday putting things back but the 24 hours created a lot of die off in the sump and tank that was covered in Coraline algae, tube worms, etc.  The die off created a bacterial bloom.  Luckily most of the fish seems to be ok. I knew this move will stress the corals...

• Sad 2