inTank Media Baskets

M. Tournesol

Update on the sick ones:

The small micromussa tissue seems to still be organising its cells to form a new mouth. Colour and form, sometime, change other night.

image.thumb.jpeg.003cd093eb245d72514cd30281e1a210.jpeg

The trachyphyllia swelled for the first time in weeks. I have hope for him. (The glass cup is to create a very low flow area)

image.thumb.jpeg.915694e80875daf8b9e5ba0649fefcd7.jpeg

The goby isn't doing better but not worsening. I see a bubble inside him. I am waiting for a net to capture him and have a closer look. The net will arrive with a basic set of quarantine equipments (sponge filter, 3x T tubings, heater and some ESHA 2000).

image.jpeg.ea5ddf667bce0cf19981ccf450e5049e.jpeg

• Like 3
M. Tournesol
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Has yours been a lot more active as well these past few weeks?

Also great photo

Yes (sand storm is my new friend ) and thank for the compliment 😉

• Like 1
M. Tournesol
2 minutes ago, LazyFish said:

I see feeders out on the trach! Is it eating for you? 

🤷‍♂️ Yes and no. I feed the trachy every day but I don't see it absorbing the food (I give it 30 minutes with the pump off). The best reaction it's ever given me is occasionally getting his stomach out.

I find mine like very small bits of food actualy  I recent switched to smaller lps pellets they responded better to that. They can eat quite large things tho. When full they start rejecting and sloughing / slimming off the extra. I also found they come from softer sand and mud flat areas its softer/ smoother than what I use in the tank. I usualy start off sitting the cone of the skeleton in a soda cap if they look irritated or I'm not getting good inflation ?maby it chafes them idk) untill they adjust to the tank then I put them on the sand. Could be worth a try.

• Thanks 1
M. Tournesol
36 minutes ago, LazyFish said:

I find mine like very small bits of food actualy  I recent switched to smaller lps pellets they responded better to that. They can eat quite large things tho. When full they start rejecting and sloughing / slimming off the extra. I also found they come from softer sand and mud flat areas its softer/ smoother than what I use in the tank. I usualy start off sitting the cone of the skeleton in a soda cap if they look irritated or I'm not getting good inflation ?maby it chafes them idk) untill they adjust to the tank then I put them on the sand. Could be worth a try.

I feed mine mixed size frozen foods. I will now focus on a smaller size.

Thank you for your "soda cap" suggestion. Since all peripheral tissue is dead (ie, no tissue is touching the sand anymore), I prefer to not move it as it seems to show signs of recovery.

• Like 1
M. Tournesol
41 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

It’s cool that he picked a spot where you can watch him easily! 

I think he is trying to fill the opening. I may be to ugly for him 🥲

• Haha 3
M. Tournesol

😭 my trachyphyllia is losing a lot of tissue. I think it's the end this time. the chance for him bouncing back is very slim.
I will glue 3 of the lordho on the sand and move the trachy to where they are tomorrow.

• Sad 3
M. Tournesol
21 hours ago, M. Tournesol said:

😭 my trachyphyllia is losing a lot of tissue. I think it's the end this time. the chance for him bouncing back is very slim.
I will glue 3 of the lordho on the sand and move the trachy to where they are tomorrow.

Done! What a messy endeavor 😓

I also took the opportunity to glue some of the small pieces of rock that the mantis use to build its house.  I am sick of seeing her beat up my micromussa with pebble 😫.

image.thumb.jpeg.200d2f179e694611362cb1d02c845758.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some people will tell you to leave it in your tank, and that occasionally it will miraculously start to regrow.  That has never happened for me; but maybe just stick it behind some rock and check on it after several months.  Who knows, maybe there is something to that. :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
M. Tournesol
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Some people will tell you to leave it in your tank, and that occasionally it will miraculously start to regrow.  That has never happened for me; but maybe just stick it behind some rock and check on it after several months.  Who knows, maybe there is something to that. :unsure:

One of my micromussa is doing this miraculous regrow 🤷‍♂️. But my trachy also doing it? I think I may need to go make a prayer at Lourdes 🙏

Lordho now vs before:

image.thumb.jpeg.8ca304b25de2402a938250e057fe32e0.jpegimage.jpeg.5a0b624b812cce49ca3872157d48f3b0.jpeg

• Haha 1
M. Tournesol
3 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

One of my micromussa is doing this miraculous regrow 🤷‍♂️. But my trachy also doing it? I think I may need to go make a prayer at Lourdes 🙏

Lordho now vs before:

image.thumb.jpeg.8ca304b25de2402a938250e057fe32e0.jpegimage.jpeg.5a0b624b812cce49ca3872157d48f3b0.jpeg

Another up to date pic:

image.jpeg.5f7591c89d0c9668fdb07a18aa17c2b0.jpeg

• Like 4