Coral Vue Hydros

NoOneLikesADryTang
2 hours ago, M. Tournesol said:

See @NoOneLikesADryTang, I was right 😭

image.thumb.jpeg.9feb6527f7ec6a49d2068967e8fa6889.jpeg

Or, maybe he just couldn’t handle looking at your handsome face every day! 

Probably getting ready for a molt. When our mantis was about to go in to a molt, she’d always block off both entrances to her den. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, M. Tournesol said:

soon 😋

IMG_5147.jpg

Exciting times, how many months now? I keep raising mine as much as possible to try and get some substantial root growth before the leaves come out, not sure if that will work or not 

• Like 1
M. Tournesol
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Exciting times, how many months now? I keep raising mine as much as possible to try and get some substantial root growth before the leaves come out, not sure if that will work or not 

I received them in mid-december so 6 months.

image.thumb.jpeg.dfe0a2ce27197e5c1b0304d50e5d3ec8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Hi, it been a long time since I last updated my journal. Work is keeping me busy 🥲.

Summer wasn't to kind on my tank (Cyanobacteria hello 👋). Some of my corals don't seems to be in great shape but no one die or recede. 

image.thumb.jpeg.19afa29c7b8942c720a300c4b89a5eb0.jpeg

Mangroves are doing great. I still have at least 3 hermit crabs, the yellow clown goby is still ballooned and bob the mantis seems to be in its molding phase.

image.thumb.jpeg.568d50b6115545c745dbeed20dce7921.jpeg

I did add two small bit of pocci from my other tank to see if they would survive in this tank 🤷‍♂️.

image.thumb.jpeg.43578f96474fccc8053418d3bb93973a.jpeg

• Like 2

I do have a question for all expert reefer of the wonderful forum.

scientist microscope GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

It's been months that little flake of green slow seems to grow into lovely free corals. What could they be?

Could it be a resurrection of my dead trashy from floating tissue? 

image.thumb.jpeg.c0877707bf8d0d8a6c6d1a336b9a4fba.jpeg

image.jpeg.8370766a458cc2a3c56f572a4751af7b.jpeg

6 hours ago, M. Tournesol said:

Could it be a resurrection of my dead trashy

Hard to see for sure.  It certainly could be re-growth from a previously receded LPS.  Other than that, I suppose it could be something that spawned (like baby rock flower anemones). :unsure:

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, seabass said:

Hard to see for sure.  It certainly could be re-growth from a previously receded LPS.  Other than that, I suppose it could be something that spawned (like baby rock flow anemones). :unsure:

Thank, it do not look like a rock flower anemone but it could be my lordhowensis recuperating (the skeleton on wich the green flake are).  I forgot than some coral start green and gain there coloration when growing. It main coloration what orange like the other recuperating head.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:42 AM, M. Tournesol said:

image.thumb.jpeg.003cd093eb245d72514cd30281e1a210.jpeg

What a dream it could have been if it had been some small trachy 🥲

• Like 1