Pod Your Reef

18 hours ago, Murphs_Reef said:

seabass might remember this old zoa rock I did a vibrant dip test on when it was covered in GHA...

Wow, looks great!  I actually (unsuccessfully) tried to recreate that little experiment.  While some algae was affected, not all species were irradiated.  That was also my experience with dosing Vibrant (or AlgaeFix) as well.  Your cleanup crew might have made the difference.

I'm loving your tank.these days.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Murphs_Reef
3 hours ago, seabass said:

Wow, looks great!  I actually (unsuccessfully) tried to recreate that little experiment.  While some algae was affected, not all species were irradiated.  That was also my experience with dosing Vibrant (or AlgaeFix) as well.  Your cleanup crew might have made the difference.

I'm loving your tank.these days.

Thanks 🙏

For me the big improvements begun with continuous monitoring of kH. Every 4 hours to be exact. This with very small changes to dosing patterns to keep the big 3 balanced is what turned the tide. 

My nitrates are always under 5ppm and phosphate sits around 0.15 and ride as high as 0.2ppm.  this does cause some cyano but I live with that as my SPS really seems to love it 💯💪

• Like 3
Murphs_Reef
3 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

hmmm. For some reason your pictures aren't loading for me 

😱 You need to fix that problem.. they are the best pictures on the internet right now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, Murphs_Reef said:

😱 You need to fix that problem.. they are the best pictures on the internet right now 

Yours is the only page that I can't see. YOU need to fix this problem!!!

• Wow 1
4 hours ago, Murphs_Reef said:

Password protected... Anyway penny you see them on Instagram ❤️

Haven't been on instagram in a while. I'll take a quick visit to see what the best pictures on the internet are.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Murphs_Reef
On 5/23/2023 at 9:33 PM, A.m.P said:

Huh, is that why my forest fire all went pure orange and lost that cool blue tip and green base.

I find with them that trace is key to keep the green base colour. Iron and Vanadium seem to get used up so quickly in my tank and when these deplete you can definitely see the difference in colour. 

• Like 2
banasophia
On 5/23/2023 at 1:33 PM, A.m.P said:

Huh, is that why my forest fire all went pure orange and lost that cool blue tip and green base.

5 minutes ago, Murphs_Reef said:

I find with them that trace is key to keep the green base colour. Iron and Vanadium seem to get used up so quickly in my tank and when these deplete you can definitely see the difference in colour. 

May help my aquaman montipora too… 

• Like 2
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92gallon mixed reef: now with SPS
Murphs_Reef

Pretty happy with this month's ICP. 

zinc and copper are coming down well since February. Still not sure what the source is/was but the 15% water change a week is helping reduce massively. I suspect 0 copper and 10 zinc in July's tests.

I've discovered over a year of testing that PO4 in my tank needs to be above 0.15... at 0.2 there is no cyano or nuisance algae, all coral looks bright, extended and healthy. I'm sure some might suggest that's the reduction in copper but I've been testing for 12 months and PO4 levels do have a direct impact on these bacteria and algae blooms in my tank. 

Screenshot_20230701-065717.png.3cdc61399194b1ab32ea4373927219fd.png

banasophia
On 6/23/2023 at 7:47 AM, Murphs_Reef said:

When this guy likes your reel, you be like 🤯

Screenshot_20230623-1546182.png.fc8d471decbb5c969a7287d62b5df091.png

Heck yeah! Inappropriate Reefer liked one of my posts once and I was totally 🤯🤯🤯

• Thanks 1
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys