Pod Your Reef

On 9/21/2023 at 12:32 PM, Murphs_Reef said:

So today.... 

The display.....

Has no Aiptasia at all that I can see.

I just got caught up on this thread, I was a few pages behind.

WOW in just 2 weeks. This is great news. So happy for you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Murphs_Reef said:

I'm.pretty sure it's a Hollywood stunner.. but the texture is off (I think). 

Looks like a very inflated stunner, the oddest part is that it's not plating out. So it may be a lookalike, you'll know if it starts sweeping and trying to start a thermonuclear war with your neighbor's pets XD

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 1:11 PM, Murphs_Reef said:

Stop.. wait a minute... did I just see @Ratvan liking and posting on nanoreef?? 

Must have been a mistake... carry on... 

13 hours ago, Ratvan said:

You did witness my glorious return yes.

Coming along nicely mate 

Heck yeah!! Most definitely need to chime in!! Where’ve you been @Ratvan? Great to see you!

• Agree 2
On 9/30/2023 at 5:48 AM, Murphs_Reef said:

New just in 

PXL_20230930_123840848.thumb.jpg.a96ed82a3696f2ff2b96331611cc8466.jpg

Oh yeah, that totally looks like a Hollywood stunner… I think they usually have super long sweepers at night as Amp mentioned and are likely to sting their neighbors, so if it’s as close to the other coral as it looks in that pic you may want to move it.

When I got one in the past I thought the name just meant it was stunning to look at, then I realized the name is because it zaps other corals. 😬😬😬

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
10 hours ago, banasophia said:

Heck yeah!! Most definitely need to chime in!! Where’ve you been @Ratvan? Great to see you!

Ah I got fed up with my life and just decided to sell everything off and travel round the world for a bit, currently i am working my way back to England via the Baltic states, should be back in England and my new little flat on Monday 16th so not too long. Then will most likely set up another tank, its been weird not having one for this long now 

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
27 minutes ago, Murphs_Reef said:

Where you been? How's the tank? 

Life, got hurt (somehow not from climbing...), surgery, recovery, and back to normal now! I couldn't lift more than 20 pounds for months, so I let the tank go. I got all kinds of algae, the nutrients got knocked all out of whack, got some dinos which nuked my CUC, and it sat like that for a few months.

Thankfully the Darwinism of the last 10 years of me haphazardly running my tank means all that I've got is old, a survivor, and extremely tolerant so I only lost a single acro frag somehow with bottomed out nitrate! But, the whole time the tank was growing at a glacial pace and a bunch of the corals got beat up. Been a few weeks now, got everything back where it needs to be so the dinos are gone, got a bunch of snails and have been removing the algae, and colors are looking pretty great again but it'll take a while to get it to where I want it again and for everything to recover.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, jservedio said:

Life, got hurt (somehow not from climbing...), surgery, recovery, and back to normal now! 

Oh wow well hope your getting back to a normal ...

I'm sure your tank will get back to former glory in no time once the snails get their work done man... 

Glad to see you back on the forum, it's not been the same without you 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 1:33 PM, Murphs_Reef said:

Just a quick check in on the vibrant treated zoa rock @seabass .. 2 years on now it's a large part of the zoa garden, and if you remember was almost out in the bin 

PXL_20231108_201023158_exported_2428.thumb.jpg.94ef4e1d12f2c245e64d7ffda237e190.jpg

That's great!

Unfortunately my attempt to recreate your success, failed.  Vibrant is an algaecide/biocide, so I understand why it worked; I must have missed on the dosage, duration, and/or repetition.

• Like 1
On 11/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, Murphs_Reef said:

Just a quick check in on the vibrant treated zoa rock @seabass .. 2 years on now it's a large part of the zoa garden, and if you remember was almost out in the bin 

PXL_20231108_201023158_exported_2428.thumb.jpg.94ef4e1d12f2c245e64d7ffda237e190.jpg

Love the rock…..zoas are my favorite and maybe someday if I get back in that’s all I might do. 

• Like 1
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys