Cultivated Reef

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

@WV Reefer does that stag look done for? When they start to get brighter doesn't it mean they're about to bleach?

I’m not sure.  They can bounce back so fast or just shit the bed. I’ve had two acros that came back from the dead only to die again later 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
ECLS Reefer
Just now, WV Reefer said:

I’m not sure.  They can bounce back so fast or just shit the bed. I’ve had two acros that came back from the dead only to die again later 🤷🏻‍♀️

Annoying. I'm surprised that flesh has held on this long honestly I figured when it started bleaching like it did, it was done for. Maybe it will hang on.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Got two new brain corals in today, one of which I added to the SCA. New blastomussa which turned out to be gorgeous as well as a really pretty unique for this tank chalice. Happy with the colors now I just hope they do well! I ran out of frag holders and had to put one brain on the rock shelf but I pulled all the Halloween hermits out of the DT for safety. I’ll be so mad if something eats that brain coral— been struggling to get a shipment of frag holders in for almost a solid month now 😡

Altuve was posing as a coral tonight...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer

Got the new Nikon macro lens for my old camera!! It’s a Nikon D3000 if curious, a AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm F3.5G ED VR lens. The camera body is about 11 years old. The lens makes a HUGE difference but obviously there’s still a lot to wish for in technique. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
27 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Those are some great shots ...... whose tank? 

MINE. Why does my daddy Jack hate me so lately. No luv fur Durleene anymore, cheatin on me with that PBJ girl and her veggie obsession.

• Haha 2
Snow_Phoenix
3 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Got the new Nikon macro lens for my old camera!! It’s a Nikon D3000 if curious, a AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm F3.5G ED VR lens. The camera body is about 11 years old. The lens makes a HUGE difference but obviously there’s still a lot to wish for in technique. 

Actually, I think your photography skills have improved. I know it doesn't seem noticeable to you, but if you compare the pics you took in the beginning of this thread (for example), and what you took now, you can see differences in clarity and focus. 🙂

I love the macro shots of all the corals you took, though. Those looked pretty neat to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

MINE. Why does my daddy Jack hate me so lately. No luv fur Durleene anymore, cheatin on me with that PBJ girl and her veggie obsession.

Oh ### on now, Durleene!

Dont you remember what Uncle Daddy used to say?

-We only hurt the ones we luv.  Now pipe down and put that camera to better uses! 

• Haha 3
ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Oh ### on now, Durleene!

Dont you remember what Uncle Daddy used to say?

-We only hurt the ones we luv.  Now pipe down and put that camera to better uses! 

Uncle Daddy 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
11 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Happy Birfday Durleene! 

Awwwwww thanks fer thinkin of me Daddy Jack! You gonna putt on over on the John Deere and sing fer me?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Awwwwww thanks fer thinkin of me Daddy Jack! You gonna putt on over on the John Deere and sing fer me?

Didn’t you get that signing man-o gram I sended over? 

• Haha 3
ECLS Reefer
9 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Didn’t you get that signing man-o gram I sended over? 

Is it two dogs? My 8 year old keeps making the dogs howl and saying they’re singing Happy Birthday to me 😂

• Haha 3
ECLS Reefer

Still playing with the big camera and learning. Got a new colony of suns in, and expecting a huge, final haul tomorrow for my Mother’s Day present. My boys are very generous 😊

• Like 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Mother's Day/Nurses Week loot!!
ECLS Reefer

Tank is doing well!  Yesterday was a heavy maintenance day for all three tanks. I was very torn about doing a water change on the SCA because it had made it a month and was still low nutrient, but the sand is so nasty! The sump too holds onto a lot of junk and there’s not a great place to put in filter floss without causing problems.  I try to stir it frequently, but I worry about causing deep sand bed problems. The single, still growing tiger pistol doesn’t do enough by himself, so I got 4 medium sized nassarius and 4 tiger conchs today to see if they can make some headway. 

I hope that the water change doesn’t stress everything due to low nutrients and I sure hope I don’t end up with a dinos issue. I feed well and today I started using daily Coral Nutrition A & B since it was recommended by @shaneandjohn. So we shall see. 

The new SPS frags are looking great! The ones I moved from the Evo (Millie, staghorn, purple digitata, tropic thunder monti, Superman monti and a red monti who’s name or species I’m not sure of) are bouncing back as if to say the Evo sucked. Glad that they are all seeming to thrive though! Can’t wait to see them grow out. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

So actually took these shots on Mother’s Day while I had some blessed peace and quiet. Tank is FULL. But everything looks good and happy in there 😊. Can’t wait to see how it all grows out and then my problem will be what to do with overgrowth. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

pictures are getting better every time you post a new set....your photography "investment" is paying off 😁

Thanks!! They do require some editing but I think that can be forgiven since I’m doing it for the beauty and not selling it right? I’m always surprised at how pretty it turns out because they always look like poo on the cameras digital screen. Download them to the computer and it’s like a completely different world! 

My new stuff finally showed today and actually survived, thank God. Though one bears some careful watching- it looks a bit angry. Will get pictures later when they are settled in and happier. 

ECLS Reefer

The new corals all look hot!! The tropic thunder monti, staghorn and a red monti are in stages of healing still but seem to be coming back strongly. The new SPS are amazing and I am excited to see them grow out!!  

Got a new herd of astreas to keep up the battle against GHA

Newest additions:

JF burning banana stylo

Sunset monti

Vivids ultimate millie

Vivids red kiss acro

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

I can’t help but be blown away that these guys lived thru their extra out of the way tour of Tennessee. Maybe it’s by the grace of Elvis but I’m so happy to see them all showing polyps in force, especially the sunset and the burning banana

EE71E5EC-64F3-4D84-A7BF-B5ECDC54A999.thumb.jpeg.368e20f7d058d6e18b57b5a1145e0efc.jpeg

JF burning banana

160957A3-333A-466D-8877-CEB40D3A90F4.thumb.jpeg.6b18de36fcb02f1427e452092a65b5a5.jpeg

Sunset monti

448014BD-D573-4BBD-8F3B-4982A5C43427.thumb.jpeg.c5e59d2ad51f36808dbcef0a8efc7eb5.jpeg

Vivids ultra millie

10EFA240-6FB2-4053-A75D-4BAF25721416.thumb.jpeg.048de06bc7190a727af250404a3c7582.jpeg

Vivids red kiss acro next to a red Indo acro. I hope these continue to get super red and pretty. They’re showing promise so far. 

850B573A-5AEF-48DE-8F36-B734434D1731.thumb.jpeg.f961438993fdfd5976a60107868c6f6a.jpeg

Same red Indo acro next to a sunrise Millie. It’s actually plating out on its plug while the PE is minimal, but it’s definitely happier than it was in the Evo. 

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon