Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŠ. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

Here, I found you a shirt...... because nurses apparently like wine and โ€œdogsโ€. ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜‚
ย 

ย 

ย 

FAA9CD27-C315-4E05-B307-B2B27CE320BF.jpeg.ad0acd532ffbb335aa6d793c125a0a34.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1
ECLS Reefer
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Here, I found you a shirt...... because nurses apparently like wine and โ€œdogsโ€. ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜‚
ย 

ย 

ย 

FAA9CD27-C315-4E05-B307-B2B27CE320BF.jpeg.ad0acd532ffbb335aa6d793c125a0a34.jpeg

Thats an interesting..... dog..... *cough*ย 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Dirtรฉ Sanchez said:

Thats an interesting..... dog..... *cough*ย 

....... and always looking for a hand out.

• Haha 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŠ. Stuffed full!!
7 minutes ago, Dirtรฉ Sanchez said:

Bet he's got a wet nose.

ย 

6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

But he's a good boy ....always standing at attention.

Only if you rub it......................

• Wow 1
6 minutes ago, Dirtรฉ Sanchez said:

As if I ever had a chance in hell, there goes my running for TOTM

You can always dream.......................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, spectra said:

You can always dream.......................

Nah Iโ€™m dreaming of a 120g tank. Got other things that are actually attainable to dream of.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Dirtรฉ Sanchez said:

Nah Iโ€™m dreaming of a 120g tank. Got other things that are actually attainable to dream of.

just go big or go home....................240 at least........

ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

just go big or go home....................240 at least........

No space for that. Has to be no more than 5 feet long and trying to save money by using the pump and skimmer I already have. They max out at around a 130g tank. Also not have to buy two lights instead of just one more. Iโ€™d LOVE a giant tank believe me. But remember Iโ€™m doing all the maintenance myself. So a huge tank Iโ€™d have to physically climb into to clean is prolly a no go, for good reason.ย 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Dirtรฉ Sanchez said:

No space for that. Has to be no more than 5 feet long and trying to save money by using the pump and skimmer I already have. They max out at around a 130g tank. Also not have to buy two lights instead of just one more. Iโ€™d LOVE a giant tank believe me. But remember Iโ€™m doing all the maintenance myself. So a huge tank Iโ€™d have to physically climb into to clean is prolly a no go, for good reason.ย 

And thatโ€™s when โ€œfunโ€ became โ€œworkโ€.ย 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Few shots of stuff from this weekend. Got home tonight and like this Monday, the Mondayest Monday to ever Monday ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ, the tanks were all feeling the blah. And my attitude rather matched because I was feeling a small resentment of having to do daily tank chores and why canโ€™t the tank look perky and beautiful when I get home after a ridiculous day?? But, tomorrow will be a new day when I can make sure everything is happy. And the last FREAKING DAY OF HOMESCHOOL !!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Whelp. Itโ€™s been an interesting and productive weekend. Proud, slightly nauseated and skeert to announce:: I bought a new tank to upgrade the SCA to. A Neptunian Cube Magic Series 120g, 4ft long tank. No idea when it will arrive, and by then my husband may decide to kill me for the insurance money and less hassle.ย 
ย 

This will be the final evolutionary step for my tank keeping for this house. No place to put anything bigger, and no help to assist with maintenance for anything bigger. Fairly sure I have the transfer plan worked out that *should* minimize the risk to the livestock.ย 
ย 

Like I said Iโ€™m excited but scared to death of screwing up!ย 
ย 

hereโ€™s the link for which tank brand I got. Theyโ€™re locally sourced with the only dealer in the nation, who happens to be a very good guy.ย 
ย 

https://neptuniancubeusa.com/master-series/
ย 

ย 

Also picked up a Sherman rose/black widow hybridย anemone- itโ€™s in the nem box for now and seems blissfully unaware that thereโ€™s a pining, obsessive clown fish waiting to meet its acquaintance. At the moment said clown fish is desperately hosting a huge alveopora bought for that purpose, but she just doesnโ€™t understand why it needs to take food from her. And she tries SO hard to feed it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

973F906A-9AFD-4206-9884-507306E86615.jpeg

E8666BB8-8059-4499-B31C-BC4DE2BCEB2E.jpeg

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Also, Iโ€™m debating moving the bedroom tank into the new tank for extra rock and live stock. The tank is 4ft long so theoretically I could put both sets of clowns in with their personal bonded corals, on either end. That would also put me with a candy cane pistol and tiger pistol in the same tank but I figure again at separate ends.ย 
ย 

Or, could move the contents of the challenge tank over when the 365 day challenge ends, which would put me with multiple blennies in a big tank. Because Iโ€™d like to be able to get Mr Blenny Blen movedย up from the sump and Mr Goby Doby too, to meet the tiger pistol. So yeah. Hopes and plans and possibilities. I want to end up with only one tank in the bedroom eventually. Just not sure which would be the best move.ย 
ย 

๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

ย 

ย 

Plan for some day fish: angels. We saw and liked a regal angel, and I would like a lemon peel and coral beauty. Iโ€™m decidedly on the fence about tangs because of their reputation as diseased little critters, but we may consider having one single one later. More pretty wrasses like a McCoskers or some other flasher types, a Christmas wrasse maybe. Maybe a red tail tamarin, or a blue star leopard. Who knows.ย 
ย 

But, as Iโ€™m official broke or poor as church mice, I wonโ€™t be buying any new anything for quite a while. And stressing over whether my stuff will live ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Okay I apologize ahead of time. Lots of pictures, but great to see a happy tank (for now). Seems I will be getting the big upgrade sometime this week which suddenly makes me feel the pressure ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. I sure hope to god the tank transfer goes smoothly as planned.ย 
ย 

Here are shots of the fish in the SCA currently:
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Shots of the corals and Anubis the hybrid nem:

ย 

Also new full tank shots from front and both sides, using the 18-55mm lens rather than the macro lens.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 4

Beautiful fishies! Tank is looking good.ย 

ย 

I am also dreaming of a bigger tank around 200-300g but has to wait till we move and are somewhere a little more permanent.

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Beautiful fishies! Tank is looking good.ย 

ย 

I am also dreaming of a bigger tank around 200-300g but has to wait till we move and are somewhere a little more permanent.

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll go bigger than this new one coming. I have to do all the maintenance myself- the boys tell me they canโ€™t lift the buckets because theyโ€™re not strong enough and the husband likes to find necessary errands to run while water changes are under way ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„. Considering the amount of work these three tanks already take I hope this big one gets stable fast. Or that I can adopt the @spectraย method of long hoses to toilet/ from salt water bucket to avoid hauling water at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
55 minutes ago, Dirtรฉ Sanchez said:

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll go bigger than this new one coming. I have to do all the maintenance myself- the boys tell me they canโ€™t lift the buckets because theyโ€™re not strong enough and the husband likes to find necessary errands to run while water changes are under way ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„. Considering the amount of work these three tanks already take I hope this big one gets stable fast. Or that I can adopt the @spectraย method of long hoses to toilet/ from salt water bucket to avoid hauling water at all.

I have a basement sump pump that hooks to a garden hose. I run that bitch right to the bathtub ๐Ÿคฃ. That's what I used for the 75 freshwater. Sooo much easier. I'll end up using it again once the tank is back up and running.

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
5 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have a basement sump pump that hooks to a garden hose. I run that bitch right to the bathtub ๐Ÿคฃ. That's what I used for the 75 freshwater. Sooo much easier. I'll end up using it again once the tank is back up and running.

Yeah I told my husband I was thinking of doing water changes that was and he was all โ€œhoses everywhere is tackyโ€ or some nonsense. I donโ€™t really care what he thinks since heโ€™s always gone when I need him to haul stuff.ย 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŠ. Upgrade Coming Soon
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Ya it kills my back...I have a few hoses running around and the hubby isn't a fan...lol too bad!

Yup that happens here too.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yup that happens here too.

Iโ€™m looking forward to this hose situation after I figure out how many inches to necessary gallons removed the water drops. I guess Iโ€™ll be bucket lugging until I know that answer but at least thereโ€™s a possible end in sight to that particular misery.ย 

• Like 1