Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RFA + Anemone Shrimp Pico ~ Baby blenny~

DaVinciClown

DaVinciClown

Finished stocking. 21 different types of corals + RFAs. Now grow out time! Excited to see what things look like in 6 months. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DaVinciClown said:

Finished stocking. 21 different types of corals + RFAs. Now grow out time! Excited to see what things look like in 6 months. 

Thats a lot to watch grow out!

• Like 1
DaVinciClown
On 4/11/2019 at 8:35 AM, DaVinciClown said:

Is this a pod or baby shrimp?  Found it in my ball of chaeto aka mini fuge in the 20gallon- It’s cute!   Went in the pico. 

CB588FF3-FAF1-4889-8E13-B584CC69A3A9.jpeg

I have since come to the conclusion these are Mysid shrimp. Very happy to have plentiful supply in the 20g refugium/chamber1 and now also in the pico. 

• Like 1
DaVinciClown

Shrimp was irritating the RFAs -> went back in 20 gallon. The large nems don’t seem to mind as much.  Almost became goby food on the swim down 😬

• Wow 1
DaVinciClown

Seeded with pods today. So far getting very little algae growth or detritus build-up. Chaeto corner seems to be working well and serving as a fuge (although critters including RFAs and my porcelain crab + snails can easily go in and out).  Even the Blenny sometimes hunts back there (although getting lazier). Doing ~1 gallon water changes every 1.5 weeks.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DaVinciClown said:

so  fluffyE0D5F59E-ED3B-45FE-A758-C01E8BCE1801.thumb.jpeg.147fd41b437acb7b582fc563ab904e79.jpeg

Birdsnest? Nice! If that’s what it is, I literally just picked up a frag of this like 3 hours ago from a local reefer in my area! Very nice specimen you’ve got there!! Great polyp extension 😮 

DaVinciClown

Yes ORA neon green birdsnest! I think birdsnest may be my favorite for now... will likely get some more for the pico.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
DaVinciClown
On 10/23/2019 at 10:02 AM, Christopher Marks said:

@DaVinciClown We missed you over the summer! Is your old school pico reef still up and running these days? Check in with us soon ❤️ Thanks for participating in the competition!

Thanks Chris! Unfortunately the baby blenny died either from temperature swings or lack of proper nutrition (seemed to only eat roe and live brine shrimp).  Have retreated from posting since then 😕  Focusing on keeping the 20 gallon as stable as possible.