Coral Vue Hydros

RFA + Anemone Shrimp Pico ~ Baby blenny~

DaVinciClown

Just now, DaVinciClown said:

Please cycle! 🤞 Only new update is the inkbird. 

FC932306-8AD9-46E8-8D97-24A16A58622A.jpeg

1AD2D6F8-DB43-4EA6-9BC0-0002632BBC70.jpeg

I'm really liking my inkbird. You have the ITC-308? Do you have it just heating? Or have a fan cor the "cooling" port as well?

DaVinciClown
38 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I'm really liking my inkbird. You have the ITC-308? Do you have it just heating? Or have a fan cor the "cooling" port as well?

So far so good- keeping a steady 78! Don’t expect to need cooling based on experience with my 20g. 

Nice! I find that my lights can bring the temp up since I have a pretty enclosed lid, but the controller still keeps it super steady since I have a fan that kicks on when it gets "warm". Hope it continues to hold steady!

DaVinciClown
1 hour ago, MetaTank said:

Absolutely beautiful!

1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

oh wow.  love those colors.  and baby sizes are super cute.

And just noticed the floating scape.  Very cool!

Thanks!! I hope the eventual transition to the pico goes smoothely.  Can’t wait for the tank to cycle. 

DaVinciClown

Switched to 50W aqueon heater. Cobalt varied between 74-81 even with inkbird 🙃 So far steady 77-78.  Will start to add corals and RFAs this weekend! Have a porcelain crab and Rasta frag that look happy so far.   Thinking of getting a captive bred YCG!  Hope he won’t feel too vulnerable with the scape, and that the RFAs won’t pose a threat if he perched on one. 

• Like 3
DaVinciClown

Silly question- will an orange transparent acrylic lid limit the blue spectrum that penetrates into the tank?  Figured it will be cool for viewing top-down (and prevent YCG from jumping). 

DaVinciClown
2 minutes ago, DaVinciClown said:

Silly question- will an orange transparent acrylic lid limit the blue spectrum that penetrates into the tank?  Figured it will be cool for viewing top-down (and prevent YCG from jumping). 

Going to venture and say yes, bad idea 

5 hours ago, DaVinciClown said:

Based on a science experiment we did in grade school, growing green beans in mini green houses covered with different colors of plastic, the answer is yes.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DaVinciClown said:

Biota Forktail Benny 💙💛

A1B9D797-3A20-4DF2-B2A2-F8C736BB16CD.jpeg

Ooooh it's tiny! Very nice! I'm still on the lookout for a baby clown I think, but if I find something tiny and irresistable like this little one, all bets are off!!

• Like 1
DaVinciClown

Does anyone have experience and advice regarding the forktail blenny?  He seems to enjoy hunting live food for now.  He learned how to swim behind the rubble corner and eat pods from the chaeto.  Can start my Artemia hatchery back up too! Hopefully can train him to eat small fish hatchery pellets or frozen roe.

He stays away from the “sand bed” and the RFAs and mostly is an open swimmer, but does like to rest in his floating rock chair.  Was scared to get a percher who may get eaten by the RFA dominated tank (currently have 7 teeny tiny babies in there); so far he has been perfect! 

DaVinciClown

This morning with lights still off he was laying on the coral rubble bed, with faded white mottled coloring.  Turned on the lights and he began to swim, colored right back up gradually within a few minutes.  Ate quite a bit of frozen Mysis and fish roe. Not too interested in pellets.  I guess the color changing / camouflage is normal behavior, but I was quite scared!  

• Like 4
  • Wow 1