ReefCleaners.org

RFA + Anemone Shrimp Pico ~ Baby blenny~

DaVinciClown

5 minutes ago, DaVinciClown said:

Oh no it does look like a calcium reactor.  I have an idea to make a corner slanted rock wall using mesh and epoxy. 

Ive seen a few coral rubble tanks and some look great.  

I think you need good flow through it, otherwise it's a detritus trap... Maybe this is the situation where a reverse-flow undergravel filter would be perfect, in all honesty!?

• Like 2
DaVinciClown

Pico corner rock wall! (Hope this isn’t a disqualification?) I wanted to add height/depth in a way that would be easy for RFAs to adhere.  Also adds surface area for bio filter.

5A7F91CA-125E-4F34-8992-6CDC1F73CBEA.jpeg

F3E62045-E5D6-4DD2-8835-49745C34808A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Looks nice! For some reason I was thinking it would be propped up against the back wall/corner and I was confused as how the triangle shape was going to fit. It also looked a lot bigger in the pics outside the tank :lol:

Not to be a debbie downer but will you be concerned about flow in that corner? If it traps detritus?

• Like 1
DaVinciClown

It’s easily removable so my hope was to be able to clean behind each water change.  There are still mesh spots between the coral rubble for some flow! Also was hoping to put chaeto in the corner behind the wall and bioballs but don’t want to get in trouble with the competition rules 😬

• Like 3
DaVinciClown
12 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Disqualification police!!!! 🚔  👮‍♀️ 

🤣😂🤣

But actually? ... I like my rubble wall! 

• Haha 1