inTank Media Baskets

Need to know if there is any algae control medications that won’t hurt corals or anemones or scaleless fish?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I have a 27 gallon tank, it’s a tall not a long

I will have to measure it

Tall is fine for the china box. 

1 hour ago, mcarroll said:

It's hard to learn this stuff by just reading around on the internet IMO....too much "works for me/not for me" noise like this.

Here's how I break something like this down logically:  

If the light is verifiably sufficient for someone/anyone to grow nice corals, then it doesn't matter how many people complain about not growing corals with the same light – the light is definitely capable of growing nice corals.  

It also might be very instructional to find out why the folks who fail with it ended up failing...avoid their missteps.   (With these lights, problems are often a combo of over-lighting and bad water management, usually including too little dissolved nutrients.   Use a light meter, and avoid the whole "ULNS" ideal like the plague and you'll be well-off IMO.))

If the light itself was incapable, then nobody would be able to grow nice corals with it, without exception.  Simple as that.

Depth and size of tank also matter when using such poop lights when all else is equal.