SaltCritters.com

jack1978

5 hours ago, jack1978 said:

This aquarium transfer is for the birds.  I’m exhausted ..... and technically, I’ve already completed a transfer last night/early this morning. 
-I may need a rest.

Whiner. I got to take my kid to the eye doctor, wait while they dilated him, wait some more, wait a bit more than that, come home and test allllll the water since I haven’t in over a week, then do chores I haven’t done in over a week as well. My house still looks like a homeless encampment and guess what? I have to work tomorrow again. No water changes for me but at least the parameters were good enough to put it off for now. I am so damn pooped. 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Wow what got into you Jack? It’s like today your wife got after you with a cattle prod or something. You might actually get that tank wet this week 😳

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
17 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Got the glass panels on the stand blacked out with black vinyl.... 

A62A2CC5-8B99-43B7-9E75-0917F64FD06B.jpeg

Whoa do I see a beard in that reflection?? BB brothers??????🤔

• Haha 3
39 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Wow what got into you Jack? It’s like today your wife got after you with a cattle prod or something. You might actually get that tank wet this week 😳

LOL ...... I’ve had the damn thing sitting for a year ....... because I’ve been dreading the transfer.  My girls were asking if I was ever going to set it up and if I liked it (last years Christmas present from them) ..... and I read the note they drew on the box and said, “Self .... let’s do the nasty and make them happy!” 

.....and here we are now after 2 days of wet short sleeves.  

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

LOL ...... I’ve had the damn thing sitting for a year ....... because I’ve been dreading the transfer.  My girls were asking if I was ever going to set it up and if I liked it (last years Christmas present from them) ..... and I read the note they drew on the box and said, “Self .... let’s do the nasty and make them happy!” 

Awwww. Yay for being a good dad! I spent hours today scrubbing algae. Scrubbed a bunch off the rocks and then bought 10 astrea snails and a couple more Halloween’s to tackle the rest. The herd of astreas is already mowing the turf. 

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
24 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Katie thinks buying me the sump for the 75 was a waste of money cause I haven't touched it in a year 😞. Looks like I may have to get on it too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Awwww. Yay for being a good dad! I spent hours today scrubbing algae. Scrubbed a bunch off the rocks and then bought 10 astrea snails and a couple more Halloween’s to tackle the rest. The herd of astreas is already mowing the turf. 

Yeah, anything for my Ladies.

- I finally tried some Bumble Bee snails ...... love them.

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Yeah, anything for my Ladies.

- I finally tried some Bumble Bee snails ...... love them.

Hmm I'll have to see if I can find some.

20 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Katie thinks buying me the sump for the 75 was a waste of money cause I haven't touched it in a year 😞. Looks like I may have to get on it too.

Just do it, Slacker!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hmm I'll have to see if I can find some.

I’ve had 5 for about a year now.  They get into all the tiny places ...... maybe because of that their shells are still yellow and black ..... not covered in purple. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

Just do it, Slacker!!

I'm gonna start grabbing plumbing soon. Should be interesting lol

28 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I like them- I have some still in both tanks.

Nice thanks

1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

I’ve had 5 for about a year now.  They get into all the tiny places ...... maybe because of that their shells are still yellow and black ..... not covered in purple. 

Time to take a trip to the store... Maybe tomorrow 🤔

33 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm gonna start grabbing plumbing soon. Should be interesting lol

Nice thanks

Time to take a trip to the store... Maybe tomorrow 🤔

You should be able to take some of your bongs apart and have all the necessary parts to McGuyver it together

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Shit, I have a 25 that I got from MD in the basement 2 years ago, lol.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
6 hours ago, jack1978 said:

You should be able to take some of your bongs apart and have all the necessary parts to McGuyver it together

:lol::lol: I only have one and it's glass. For a stoner, I'm ####ing terrible at mcguyvering anything

• Haha 3