Pod Your Reef

jack1978

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, michael_cb_125 said:

Looking very nice!!

I spot some R. florida, my weakness!!

Yes you do!

I have more to transfer over .... hard to tell from the pic .... but the three smallest rocks towards the front of the tank will be covered in them.  Simple and colorful. 

This is going to be an even easier tank than it was before - fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
michael_cb_125

I love easy. Don't get me wrong a challenging high tech tank full of more delicate species is great, but there is something special about a low maintenance tank full of common corals, it throws me back to my beginning in the hobby.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, michael_cb_125 said:

I love easy. Don't get me wrong a challenging high tech tank full of more delicate species is great, but there is something special about a low maintenance tank full of common corals, it throws me back to my beginning in the hobby.

Yeah, with all the work travel and hectic home schedule I enjoy the tank more with less demanding coral.  It's no longer a chore. 

Water change once a month and that's about it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Yeah, with all the work travel and hectic home schedule I enjoy the tank more with less demanding coral.  It's no longer a chore. 

I'm the same, hence the reason that I have leather corals only with a few rics and Discosomas.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Since when was siphoning 5 gallons and replacing it a chore.............. :unsure: ask Stinky he had to bring water in the house as a kid now that was a chore........... he was glad when they invented plumbing...... :biggrin: 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Since when was siphoning 5 gallons and replacing it a chore.............. :unsure: ask Stinky he had to bring water in the house as a kid now that was a chore........... he was glad when they invented plumbing...... :biggrin: 

Just keep your shit up Richard, I have a wine bottle with your name on it.

• Haha 5