Top Shelf Aquatics

jack1978

6 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Hindsight.

Yes, things are going crazy out here!  But, unless you're cashing out and moving out of state ... you just trade one mortgage for another.

........... eventually though - it'll be worth it.  

You still happy you left? 

Yeah...it worked out as it did for a reason.  It was/is the universe's plan.  Our current house is already worth more than we paid.  Just need to double it like in Cali.  

Colorado is awesome, so yes, happy we moved.  Kinda regretting it when we were in Connecticut though LOL.  The only reason I wanted to leave California was because I missed seasons and weather.  That's really the only reason.  Love everything else about California.  Enjoy it!!!!  Awesome food, great reef scene, awesome food LOL.  Traffic wasn't great....but I will say, east coast traffic is a billion times worse LOL.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, righttirefire said:

Everyone who's ever left California is happy they did. Especially the ones that go to Idaho or Texas.

Hell yeah the northwest sucks remember................... :wink: due to all the idiots from California................... :biggrin:

3 hours ago, spectra said:

Hell yeah the northwest sucks remember................... :wink: due to all the idiots from California................... :biggrin:

It's hotter than the devils butthole on taco Tuesday up there.  Nobody wants to be up there in the land of homeless vagrants.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some stuff this morning from

@REEFTIDE

Hands down, the best online vendor for live purchases I've dealt with.

Great customer service and communication.   Great care taken in packaging.  All corals were individually bagged with their own individual printed label identifying what the coral was along with its lighting and flow requirements.   Then they were double bagged and placed in a Styrofoam box that was taped and sealed all the way around.  There was not a single drop of water in the double bag let alone the box. 

Each coral was placed in a cup within the bag for added protection.  

Each coral was expanded and full of color right out of the box.

The color printed order was included as were a few freebies.... including Polyplab food and stickers. 

Also, 15% off coupon along with QR code for acclimation guide. 

Oh, and free next morning overnight delivery.  

This was my second order and won't be my last.

Highly recommend these guys.

More pics to follow once placed and mounted.

20210903_101300.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

Got some stuff this morning from

@REEFTIDE

Hands down, the best online vendor for live purchases I've dealt with.

Great customer service and communication.   Great care taken in packaging.  All corals were individually bagged with their own individual printed label identifying what the coral was along with its lighting and flow requirements.   Then they were double bagged and placed in a Styrofoam box that was taped and sealed all the way around.  There was not a single drop of water in the double bag let alone the box. 

Each coral was placed in a cup within the bag for added protection.  

Each coral was expanded and full of color right out of the box.

The color printed order was included as were a few freebies.... including Polyplab food and stickers. 

Also, 15% off coupon along with QR code for acclimation guide. 

Oh, and free next morning overnight delivery.  

This was my second order and won't be my last.

Highly recommend these guys.

More pics to follow once placed and mounted.

20210903_101300.jpg

Dude did you get a discount? Not bragging but I could have hooked you up. They’ve got amazing SPS. Or even FarmerTy- his stuff arrives so healthy and well colored. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Dude did you get a discount? Not bragging but I could have hooked you up. They’ve got amazing SPS. Or even FarmerTy- his stuff arrives so healthy and well colored. 

Yeah, every piece I ordered had a discount ...... just kept getting more to meet the free ship. 

All softies - I like having to do nothing other than look in the tank, lol. 

- Maybe a 5 gal wc once every month or two. 

• Like 4

You buy the best corals!!!! 😁

I see those little blue cloves in that first photo....very cool!!!!!  The ones attached to the leather you sent me are starting to multiply :happydance: 

3 minutes ago, gena said:

You buy the best corals!!!! 😁

I see those little blue cloves in that first photo....very cool!!!!!  The ones attached to the leather you sent me are starting to multiply :happydance: 

Lol, thanks!

-I hope you like them ...... they have grown on my rocks, sandbed and now climbing up the glass.  Once they became comfy - they exploded. If you don't want them everywhere, cut them back or remove them now, lol. 

I think they're the rabbits of the sea

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Lol, thanks!

-I hope you like them ...... they have grown on my rocks, sandbed and now climbing up the glass.  Once they became comfy - they exploded. If you don't want them everywhere, cut them back or remove them now, lol. 

I think they're the rabbits of the sea

I don't like them....I LOVE them LOL.  They aren't going anywhere!!!!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, jack1978 said:

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

imagejpeg_1(1).jpg

imagejpeg_2(1).jpg

imagejpeg_3(1).jpg

imagejpeg_0(3).jpg

20210903_120055.jpg

A Valentini puffer!!!! Love these guys!!!! I had 2...lost them both to carpet surfing 😞 I do have a lid on my tank now though!! Does yours nip the softies?

I'm southern Quebec, the only place in the whole wide world where you go through 4 seasons in 12 hours.  Winter lasts 9 months, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise lol. This whole "there's 4 seasons and each one lasts 3 months" is the biggest lie to convince people to move up here lol. And reefing stuff can be ridiculously expensive...classic exemple: 400$ + taxes for a mp10. So roughly 450$ hahaha

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

A Valentini puffer!!!! Love these guys!!!! I had 2...lost them both to carpet surfing 😞 I do have a lid on my tank now though!! Does yours nip the softies?

I'm southern Quebec, the only place in the whole wide world where you go through 4 seasons in 12 hours.  Winter lasts 9 months, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise lol. This whole "there's 4 seasons and each one lasts 3 months" is the biggest lie to convince people to move up here lol. And reefing stuff can be ridiculously expensive...classic exemple: 400$ + taxes for a mp10. So roughly 450$ hahaha

It's actually a Filefish.  The Mimic Filefish.  

I've had a couple, they have never gone after any coral...not one....ever.   Loves Mysis and Brine Shrimp - won't eat anything else.  

Enjoy your seasons ...... we only have 1.5 seasons down here, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

@StinkyBunny

it's hard to tell from the picture as the depth doesn't show well - but most of the rock is sloped for the shrooms.  Some crusty ol fart suggested that many moons ago- for showing off their colors better.. we'll see if there is any truth to that or if it was just the firewater talk'n. 

-Any thoughts on that theory? 

Sincerely, 

jack 

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

@StinkyBunny

it's hard to tell from the picture as the depth doesn't show well - but most of the rock is sloped for the shrooms.  Some crusty ol fart suggested that many moons ago- for showing off their colors better.. we'll see if there is any truth to that or if it was just the firewater talk'n. 

-Any thoughts on that theory? 

Sincerely, 

jack 

Most of the time they look better on an angle because they can clean themselves of waste better. Only anemones that host clowns look good flat on a surface because the clowns clean them.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

Most of the time they look better on an angle because they can clean themselves of waste better. Only anemones that host clowns look good flat on a surface because the clowns clean them.

Hmmmmm...... I was looking for a witty, sarcastic, broken bottle and some up the ass  reply.  

Better luck next time I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Murphych said:

That will look good that! 

Thanks ...... there's still time for me to bugger it up.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1