Coral Vue Hydros

jack1978

3 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Pretty much everything is pissed ...... minus the blue and red leather.  

Oh, yes.

I borrowed Spectras camera 

996AC40D-DCDA-43FF-AB9F-BB57FF20F891.jpeg

The Blue filter is his signature mark 🙃

• Sad 1
  • Haha 5
MainelyReefer
5 hours ago, jack1978 said:

ATO is SMALL!  And seems to be working good... 

5240F58E-D92A-48A4-BBD0-17C43D40B5BD.jpeg

Good lord ...... you didn’t actually read any of that did you?!?!?! 

Can’t really tell from the pic but the sensor should be below the middle baffles inside the return pump chamber almost seems like it might be higher which won’t be a stable salinity. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Can’t really tell from the pic but the sensor should be below the middle baffles inside the return pump chamber almost seems like it might be higher which won’t be a stable salinity. 

Thanks for the heads up .... I’ll check tonight.  It’s in the return pump chamber ..... not sure on height.  

20 hours ago, Matteo said:

The Blue filter is his signature mark 🙃

Remember that price I texted you earlier....................:whoa:

5 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Thanks for the heads up .... I’ll check tonight.  It’s in the return pump chamber ..... not sure on height.  

Sensor looks good to me.............its really a matter of how high you want your water level..............I always had it so no noise from water going over the baffles..............

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Love you long time 😘🥰

😬😬😬

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
33 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sensor looks good to me.............its really a matter of how high you want your water level..............I always had it so no noise from water going over the baffles..............

Correct.  
Same here.  Everything looks good. 

MainelyReefer
8 hours ago, spectra said:

If kept above the baffles the surface area of the water is larger which would require more evaporation to trip the sensor.  By keeping it below the baffles it limits this area and reduces the amount that is added at any one time and keeps it more stable.  It also makes it so water flows in the back better IMO as if the level of water is above the baffles it can get protein build up as the water becomes more stagnant.  If only 1/4”-3/4” below the baffles there really isn’t any noise it may be worth playing with it once you guys are done playing with your Betty White flesh lights

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

If kept above the baffles the surface area of the water is larger which would require more evaporation to trip the sensor.  By keeping it below the baffles it limits this area and reduces the amount that is added at any one time and keeps it more stable.  It also makes it so water flows in the back better IMO as if the level of water is above the baffles it can get protein build up as the water becomes more stagnant.  If only 1/4”-3/4” below the baffles there really isn’t any noise it may be worth playing with it once you guys are done playing with your Betty White flesh lights

I get what you’re saying ..... probably hard to tell from the original picture ..... it’s well below the baffles.  I’m actually going to raise it a bit with the next water change.  Here’s a better picture. 

....that reminds me.  I need to order another BW Fleshlight.  I’ve burned mine up. 

6543E54A-DB78-48F3-AB75-816D27C58E56.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
4 hours ago, jack1978 said:

....that reminds me.  I need to order another BW Fleshlight.  I’ve burned mine up. 

You're gonna need one of those drums of lube.

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

Well,

I'm seeing some negative side effects of the transfer ..... mainly the Gorg and the Yellow Leather.

The Gorg has flesh separating a few inches down from the tips on two branches so far.  I'll just cut them off and make a few frags.

The Yellow is all shriveled up ...... not disintegrating, just looks like a melted pile of poo.  Hopefully it recovers.  He's always been touchy. 

Everything else looks pretty good so far. 

-And I added substrate.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

Well,

I'm seeing some negative side effects of the transfer ..... mainly the Gorg and the Yellow Leather.

The Gorg has flesh separating a few inches down from the tips on two branches so far.  I'll just cut them off and make a few frags.

The Yellow is all shriveled up ...... not disintegrating, just looks like a melted pile of poo.  Hopefully it recovers.  He's always been touchy. 

Everything else looks pretty good so far. 

-And I added substrate.

What's your salinity? I've found that when doing a transfer keeping the salinity about 1.024 or 34ppt makes it go a lot smoother.If that's a Fiji Yellow leather, they get pissy if you look at the fukn things wrong.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

What's your salinity? I've found that when doing a transfer keeping the salinity about 1.024 or 34ppt makes it go a lot smoother.If that's a Fiji Yellow leather, they get pissy if you look at the fukn things wrong.

I have it at 1.025.

Yes, Fiji and yes to a complete PITA with any changes.  Once acclimated, it’s a beauty.  Until then, they either melt or take forever.  This was number 3.  The other two melted away after a couple days.  I’ve had this one for a few years now I think. 

Keep the flow up, just shy of OMFG IT'S GONNA BLOW THE FUKN POLYPS OFF! I've found that more flow keeps the cooties at bay with them. Making sure the the respiration and metabolic byproducts are carried away is first and foremost with those bastards.

We're working on getting Fiji opened back up, but Iran Fed that shit all up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The jawbreakers are starting to expand a bit more .... one sucked into a crevice from light shock.  The other two babies are looking great lower in the tank and fully open.

8BD591C2-80AB-4CAB-987A-6A1A1C434E7E.jpeg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Keep the flow up, just shy of OMFG IT'S GONNA BLOW THE FUKN POLYPS OFF! I've found that more flow keeps the cooties at bay with them. Making sure the the respiration and metabolic byproducts are carried away is first and foremost with those bastards.

We're working on getting Fiji opened back up, but Iran Fed that shit all up.

The return pump that came with the Lagoon is pathetic ..... but it is quiet!

I have the Gyre in a vinegar bath now ..... should be able to hook it up tonight so I can push all the water out of the tank and on the floor. 

• Haha 3