Top Shelf Aquatics

WV Reefer’s Teeny, Tiny and Dirty

WV Reefer

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

I think you should replace the light with a Hydra or Radion or something small and subtle like that.

I might go hybrid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I think the entire thing would melt flat like a grilled cheese! 😂

At least you'd know the sting Ray would be ok 😂

• Haha 2
NuisanceAlgaeCultivator

Hi WV Reefer, are you running the light as high/bright as it goes? Today after being in there nearly a week I stepped it up, low for 30min, med 1hr, then high...and my zoa started spitting up within two hours of being on high.

Just turned it back to down to low and they've all calmed back down.  Wondering if the high setting is actually too much...

Thanks!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NuisanceAlgaeCultivator said:

Hi WV Reefer, are you running the light as high/bright as it goes? Today after being in there nearly a week I stepped it up, low for 30min, med 1hr, then high...and my zoa started spitting up within two hours of being on high.

Just turned it back to down to low and they've all calmed back down.  Wondering if the high setting is actually too much...

Thanks!

I turn in on low for a bit and then switch it up to the highest for awhile. There’s not much in mine yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Tide sits on top just fine ya know ... just sayin

I have a nano box light somewhere Dave made up for me and my Home of The Creep Tank. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Update:

Salt creep is a bitch on this thing. I know others were complaining about this as well. 

Ordered some stuff to go in the tank... delivery next week so we’ll see how it goes. 😁

• Like 3

So, along with my bristleworm and two pods, I now have a Cerith Snail, a Nassarius Snail and two teeny Blue Leg Hermits in the tank. 

My zoas havent been doing well, which doesn’t necessarily mean much, so I took them out and am working on something different. 

Here’s an “in between” pic:

EF12688C-448B-4281-B087-E70CE2F70C99.thumb.jpeg.309c4f477682f3441bdf444d802a85fe.jpeg

Im still waiting on one more delivery to finish it off. 

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

So, along with my bristleworm and two pods, I now have a Cerith Snail, a Nassarius Snail and two teeny Blue Leg Hermits in the tank. 

My zoas havent been doing well, which doesn’t necessarily mean much, so I took them out and am working on something different. 

EF12688C-448B-4281-B087-E70CE2F70C99.thumb.jpeg.309c4f477682f3441bdf444d802a85fe.jpeg

I dig it.🤙

• Like 2
Christopher Marks
On 2/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, WV Reefer said:

I love the aquascape, zoas and macros are a fun choice for this teeny tank!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Christopher Marks said:

I love the aquascape, zoas and macros are a fun choice for this teeny tank!

Thanks. 😊

I have a few small pieces still to come in the mail and then it will be complete.......

........hopefully. 😄

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 2/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, WV Reefer said:

Oh man, how did I miss this :unsure:. Looks good, You picked some good stuff, what do the closed up zoas look like?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh man, how did I miss this :unsure:. Looks good, You picked some good stuff, what do the closed up zoas look like?

They were Granny Smiths. They are back in the other tank now. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

They were Granny Smiths. They are back in the other tank now. 

ahh, how come? Did they just not like the new tank just yet?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

ahh, how come? Did they just not like the new tank just yet?

They were being b*tches. 😄 

I just can’t decide how I want to do this tank. Trying things out here and there. I like the macro look so far......I may stick with that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

They were being b*tches. 😄 

I just can’t decide how I want to do this tank. Trying things out here and there. I like the macro look so far......I may stick with that. 

I love macros, I need them for my tank..soon I hope

• Like 1