ReefCleaners.org

WV Reefer’s Teeny, Tiny and Dirty

WV Reefer

5 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It was crazy..that pump is strong lol. I'm guessing you can adjust it right?

Nope!  Just gotta work on the angle of that hose. 

• Wow 1
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I was trying to do the same as you and jb but it kinda felt like a hassle whenever I'd have to take it apart and put it back together. Was it pretty easy for you?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Arquisto said:

I was trying to do the same as you and jb but it kinda felt like a hassle whenever I'd have to take it apart and put it back together. Was it pretty easy for you?

It’s a hassle just because it’s so tiny. I’m afraid I’m gonna break something. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plumbing and heater are going through the last round of tests before the saltwater goes in. 

I solved my flow issue by using an airline tubing elbow as the nozzle. 

EC48C5E3-DD63-47B8-9D7C-545D63B86CA1.thumb.jpeg.94484d9741c47ad13f5014405ce1dae1.jpeg

108128CB-C18E-4BB6-87FF-64B241E9E1D4.thumb.jpeg.547e0af437a7c534a3095f1b03958a16.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great solution! I think I need some of those elbows for my reef jar to get the tubing nicely hanging over the rim. 

Acrylic tubing bends / shapes very easily . Just have to heat it a bit. Lighter works just fine or be very cautious with a heat gun. 

• Like 3
On 12/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, WV Reefer said:

Sorry got to say it.

Thats what she said :happydance:

• Haha 2

Progress!! Yay!! 😃

Built the arch as one piece so that it will be easy to pull in and out as necessary. 

307067CA-4D86-48C8-AA38-22AA103A5E2A.thumb.jpeg.7844343a7e30b0cca15ed2590a0b6100.jpeg

The new heater was placed in the sump.....seems to be fairly stable for this volume of water.  

I am not using any of the filters that came with the tank. The only things in the sump are the heater and the return pump.  

With the lights off. 

F495E2C6-C2DB-43F9-9815-C6E5D064DF91.thumb.jpeg.59a3060804f29fdf3a907b0ac7cf522b.jpeg

Lights on. 

F550544A-7128-47F6-87DF-1FC4E4B47861.thumb.jpeg.a7169e81e407b661c443bd339f9b0e2f.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow 2
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Wow great job 🙂. I was gonna ask how this little tank was coming.

Saltwater is in!  Need some tiny Corals now. 😀. I’ll probably wait till after Xmas to place an order.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That dude would look bad ass swimming through my arch! 🤘🏻

Right!! In all seriousness, how hard would it be to do acros? You thinking some acans or zoa's?

• Like 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Right!! In all seriousness, how hard would it be to do acros? You thinking some acans or zoa's?

I have a piece of Blue Digitata that might go in there. I also have some rogue zoas in the 75 that have blown off their plug...... but they may be too large.  

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Saltwater is in!  Need some tiny Corals now. 😀. I’ll probably wait till after Xmas to place an order.  

Place an order for what..............one zoa and a acan :lol: #### a neon tetra looks to big for that thing.........

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Place an order for what..............one zoa and a acan :lol: #### a neon tetra looks to big for that thing.........

I have a one headed acan but it’s too big! 😂

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1