Pod Your Reef

WV Reefer’s Teeny, Tiny and Dirty

WV Reefer

20 minutes ago, Friendly said:

speaking of livestock...can you take some up close pics of the tanks inhabitants?

I’ll try! They are so tiny they disappear into the wilderness. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Friendly said:

how big will those critters get? will you have to up-size them eventually or did you choose them cause of their pico proportions?

None of them will get very big. The bristleworm would probably get the largest over time. 😄

I keep thinking of getting shrimp but I don’t know. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
27 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

None of them will get very big. The bristleworm would probably get the largest over time. 😄

I keep thinking of getting shrimp but I don’t know. 

No fish? Dwarf Goby (like Masked or Eviota) would fit in there....... I think?😇

So no fish or corals huh? 

• Like 1
Just now, A Little Blue said:

No fish? Dwarf Goby (like Masked or Eviota) would fit in there....... I think?😇

So no fish or corals huh? 

I’d feel too bad. 😄 

We’ll see how the frags do in there..... my guess is not well. The light isn’t great but I’m going to give it time before I go another route. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
11 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I’d feel too bad. 😄 

We’ll see how the frags do in there..... my guess is not well. The light isn’t great but I’m going to give it time before I go another route. 

Quite a challenge you got yourself there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

Quite a challenge you got yourself there. 

It’s something. 😂

.......countdown to the “I broke it” pic. 

• Like 1

Saw my blue banded shrimp grabbing at my fish today but he was excited as I just fed the tank. That type of asshat behavior will get him banished to a mini complete though. He is tiny so not sure what his plan was if he got the fish or if he was just trying to get food and wailing around widly at anything nearby.

• Haha 4
  • 3 weeks later...

For everyone that was having salt creep issues:  

I decided to go all week without wiping down the tank.

12371FC5-89CC-44C1-9FA4-F97F91DE312B.thumb.jpeg.30acbe9a60244108230c22c1db4ecc72.jpeg

AA2402C1-F65F-4D85-AA11-3CFCB731C186.thumb.jpeg.423cf77bb41a130ee9ea26db77f14749.jpeg

DD04F419-2C39-4D68-BB14-4952CAB506FA.thumb.jpeg.c2525a83a264285abcb1d2082b70a296.jpeg

you can see the tiny hermits in the first and last pic. One of them already murdered the snail and is wearing it all over town. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
8 minutes ago, Derek Claxton said:

That's allot of salt creep in a week.

It’s one of the main design flaws of these tanks. Mine is not as bad as some have experienced though. 

Derek Claxton

I thought about getting one of those tanks...just for kicks. But, not after seeing the creep. Also, I think the price is a touch high.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Derek Claxton said:

I thought about getting one of those tanks...just for kicks. But, not after seeing the creep. Also, I think the price is a touch high.

Its a novelty for sure......... but it was too cute to ignore. 😄 

I don’t think they thought it through from a reefing perspective so time will tell how it all works out. I just wipe the edge when I feed the other tanks and I never notice the creep. Some people haven’t had the salt creep issue at all.  

• Like 2
Derek Claxton

MY DIY gene is kicking in again. Been thinking of how I create something small like the Mighty Tank, but better. Their light is on point though when it comes to functionality.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
21 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Tony the Tiger pistol shrimp murdered all the niblet hermit crabs. 

That sounds like something that would happen in my tank.

9 hours ago, Derek Claxton said:

MY DIY gene is kicking in again. Been thinking of how I create something small like the Mighty Tank, but better. Their light is on point though when it comes to functionality.

This is an EPIC tiny tank build from scratch, this guy has me WOW! I know it's not a Mini Complete Tank, AND it's a Planted Tank, but I found this extraordinary. 

WV Reefer, I'm not trying to threadjack, I'll remove this if you want, sorry. I thought I was still on the Mini Complete Tank thread, not your personal thread. My Bad!!!! 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

This is an EPIC tiny tank build from scratch, this guy has me WOW! I know it's not a Mini Complete Tank, AND it's a Planted Tank, but I found this extraordinary. 

WV Reefer, I'm not trying to threadjack, I'll remove this if you want, sorry. I thought I was still on the Mini Complete Tank thread, not your personal thread. My Bad!!!! 

No problem at all. 😊

that is super cool!

• Thanks 1
Derek Claxton
34 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

OMG. Dude is a genius! And, is obviously single. Way too much time on his hands.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
StinkyBunny
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Oh no! 🙁

M was sitting in front of the 50 cube one night and there was a niblet near Tony's burrow. He came out, grabbed it and started snapping right next to it. Next thing I know, he's ripping it out of its shell, it was goddamn brutal.

• Like 1