Cultivated Reef

Official Unofficial 2018 Secret Santa Nano-Reef Gift Exchange 🎅⛄🌲

jbb

6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Awwww, did she find my hidden note? 

She did!

4 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Please tell me your ball sack wasn’t included. 

I dragged my sack across everything in your package btw.  EVERYTHING.

• Haha 1
On 12/17/2018 at 2:34 PM, Tamberav said:

Oh good! I didn't think it would make it with USPS being so backed up but I guess I should know better as it survived multiple tank crashes and moves for 10+ years so good chance it will pull through. Sorry it is so small, I cut a large one and put it in a breeder box which came detached at night and it escaped and got lost in the rock work. It does grow very fast though and will turn into a mini colony in no time. I wasn't sure if I should mail it but I figured if it was me, I would pref a small frag than no frag. `

I'm so glad you did!  I've had a hard time finding a frag of green sinularia or nepthea that didn't cost an arm and a leg.  Fingers crossed it does well.  It's not dead yet!

On 12/17/2018 at 4:31 PM, slowngreen said:

Better than porch pirates getting it.

I saw a meme on facebook that said if you have junk to get rid of, just pack it in Amazon boxes and leave it on your porch for people to steal. :lol:

I mailed my Secret Santa's package on Monday and was told it will be there Friday.  I'm sorry Secret Santa!  Last week consisted of 1. an ice storm I thought would trap me at work so I took my husband's car since mine needed new tires; 2. hubby disregarding my statement "my tires are bad" and trying to take the car out during the ice storm and 3. landing the car in the ditch which resulted in a cracked bumper and broken mirror; 4. a trip to the shop for new tires which ended in also getting new brakes and wheel bearings and a $640 bill (Merry Christmas to me!) (new mirror is on order and should get done tomorrow); and 5. getting called into work an extra day, whee!  Oh well, I need the money now lol.  Plus worked all weekend.  I'm glad last week's over :closedeyes:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I mailed my Secret Santa's package on Monday and was told it will be there Friday.

Sorry you had a rough week!! 

USPS is really behind in my area it seems. Nick's mom mailed us something that was supposed to be here Monday, but was delivered Wednesday around dinnertime. Our mail usually comes around noon, so that is really late for them to come. 

She lives less than an hour away and mailed us an ornament for Liam. We'll see her on Christmas, so I'm not sure why she spent $4 to send it in the mail. Shipping was probably more than the cost of the ornament!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JoeR said:

That sounds... dangerous... and painful...

.......and a little exciting.

7 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Sorry you had a rough week!! 

USPS is really behind in my area it seems. Nick's mom mailed us something that was supposed to be here Monday, but was delivered Wednesday around dinnertime. Our mail usually comes around noon, so that is really late for them to come. 

She lives less than an hour away and mailed us an ornament for Liam. We'll see her on Christmas, so I'm not sure why she spent $4 to send it in the mail. Shipping was probably more than the cost of the ornament!!

What did the crazy lady get him?

• Haha 3
49 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

f-ing 3 pages later, and @patback still hasn't shown any photos of his SS presents, WTF? 

wasted 15 min of my day...

It was wee hours into the night, I had to go to bed and my wife was angry I was spending so much  time with a nude woman that showed up on the door step.  

I will be be digging into her more when I get off tonight. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

.......and a little exciting.

What did the crazy lady get him?

Nothing... yet...

Did I mention they drove into our driveway a couple weeks ago when my sis and I were outside? She asked if we gave him up for adoption since she still hasn't seen him... 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

Nothing... yet...

Did I mention they drove into our driveway a couple weeks ago when my sis and I were outside? She asked if we gave him up for adoption since she still hasn't seen him... 

Holy shit ..... lock your doors and windows  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

f-ing 3 pages later, and @patback still hasn't shown any photos of his SS presents, WTF? 

wasted 15 min of my day...

No shit...…………...####ing slackers...………...

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

No shit...…………...####ing slackers...………...

Go take your glucosamine and centrum silver, old man.  You get ornery  when you haven't taken your supplements. 

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Nothing... yet...

jokingly, I hope, the adoption question.  we have some friendly neighbors on our block, one even babysat our daughters a few times for FREE.  really, if she isn't too creepy, make a new friend, and you shall have a free babysitter.  old ladies love kids, they just wanna play with them, I dunno why.  I get really tired when I have to watch and play with my own kid - f'ing exhausting sometimes. 

@Lula_Mae!!

My gift arrived today!! I was doubly excited to see it was from you, since you did such a great job last year!

The onesie is so cute! The treats are perfect - I'm pretty sure Toasty sensed there was something in the box for him... Thank you so much! You are an awesome secret santa!!

20181220_142249.jpg

20181220_142550.jpg

20181220_142556.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
6 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

He hasn't been on for 6 days. Shall we send dog shit to his address? 🙂 

3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I have a plan if he skips out. 

If he got a gift the last day he logged on, yes.  

If not, hopefully he ant ded.

• Like 1
Just now, patback said:

If he got a gift the last day he logged on, yes.  

If not, hopefully he ant ded.

he last read the PM the same day I sent who he was buying for, last log in was friday 

4 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

he last read the PM the same day I sent who he was buying for, last log in was friday 

Can we all chip in and have a recurring shipment of those empty micro-penis cure.com boxes to his house and require signatures for each?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I have a plan if he skips out. 

Not another word! it’s a SS after all. 

3ED4B18D-862B-483C-8818-0F9ADF497F2D.gif.4ad072e9c0e8a11e898bde57afe762c9.gif

Pinner’ hard work

430E6D48-6E66-4CE3-B8E3-5CE97423AE6A.gif.ddd066260cf14407b24e4ca0447c1a14.gif

should be rewarded with exceptional creativity and cruelness. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2