SaltCritters.com

Official Unofficial 2018 Secret Santa Nano-Reef Gift Exchange 🎅⛄🌲

jbb

10 hours ago, kimberbee said:

@Lula_Mae!!

My gift arrived today!! I was doubly excited to see it was from you, since you did such a great job last year!

The onesie is so cute! The treats are perfect - I'm pretty sure Toasty sensed there was something in the box for him... Thank you so much! You are an awesome secret santa!!

20181220_142249.jpg

20181220_142550.jpg

20181220_142556.jpg

Yayyyy!!! I'm glad it got there safely, and shockingly a day early lol.  I had the hardest time picking a set of those notecards because they were all so nice!  I hope you get to enjoy them all for a long while. :happy:

And thanks for the sympathy, I took the car in to finish the repairs today and get the tires aligned (alignment machine was broken) and it's another $200!!!  Apparently the alignment is not included with purchase of tires and I didn't pay for the mirror last week.  Sigh.  Oh well, at least they knocked off half the cost of the alignment for me. :closedeyes:

Your pics reminded me I never posted pictures of mine, so I'm gonna see if I can get the phone to cooperate so I can share!

P.S. Toasty is so cute!:wub:

• Like 6
21 hours ago, patback said:

I'm still trying to do fish things. 

For the last 21 hours.................WTF I am old and it sometimes takes me a little longer but never this long............you get all up into ms Cinnamons shit and E take you out :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Top Shelf Aquatics
On 12/21/2018 at 7:15 AM, Pinner Reef said:

Someone sent me a bag of dicks...

been eating them all week without realizing 🤨 

Well played 

LMAO stuff like this is why I LOVE NR

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 12/21/2018 at 7:15 AM, Pinner Reef said:

Well played 

Oh my god...I'm dying..😂

On 12/21/2018 at 6:15 AM, Pinner Reef said:

Well played 

There will be a lot more of them if you don't ship a gift . :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

tl;dr Phone didn't cooperate and uploading to the computer took so long I forgot about it lol.  Anyway, here's pics!

I opened the Mysterious Package and the first thing I saw was...

20181214_162940

Artwork!  Wait, is that...that's Merlin!!!!  And look, it's the walking dendro!!!!  And his little peanut worm friend!!! OH MY GOSH IT'S MY TANK!!!!!  (I love this, by the way, and am saving it to put on the wall eventually!)

Aw, look, it's a turtle!!!!

20181214_163152

After digging down to the bottom I found this:

20181214_163438

Still alive, yay!!!

Here it is in the tank (the bright green nub on the right):

20181217_022409

So many great things!  Thank you so much, @Tamberav!  The frag rack is already in the tank and holding things, and I look forward to using the gel to glue some stuff down (and Chemipure is always useful)!  And I'm really stoked about the frag, I've wanted one for ages! :wub:

20181214_163647

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Can I still join or is it to late :unsure: 

Too late... and anyway, it doesn’t seem like JBB is doing a drawing this year 🙄

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Too late... and anyway, it doesn’t seem like JBB is doing a drawing this year 🙄

You're disqualified for being a dick, @Lawnman gets your spot tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
33 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I think P-Cakes needs to post pics here for all to see...... 

Ahhh... you know how long it took for me to post them on my thread?  Lol. 

I'll see what I can do  

I still have to post up pictures of my harrys-hairy frags

8 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

tl;dr Phone didn't cooperate and uploading to the computer took so long I forgot about it lol.  Anyway, here's pics!

I opened the Mysterious Package and the first thing I saw was...

20181214_162940

Artwork!  Wait, is that...that's Merlin!!!!  And look, it's the walking dendro!!!!  And his little peanut worm friend!!! OH MY GOSH IT'S MY TANK!!!!!  (I love this, by the way, and am saving it to put on the wall eventually!)

Aw, look, it's a turtle!!!!

20181214_163152

After digging down to the bottom I found this:

20181214_163438

Still alive, yay!!!

Here it is in the tank (the bright green nub on the right):

20181217_022409

So many great things!  Thank you so much, @Tamberav!  The frag rack is already in the tank and holding things, and I look forward to using the gel to glue some stuff down (and Chemipure is always useful)!  And I'm really stoked about the frag, I've wanted one for ages! :wub:

20181214_163647

Glad you liked it 🙂 My husband made fun of me! ha! I had to listen to a boring lecture and did this during the lecture which made it enjoyable. 

The nepthea should come around, they can look pissed off for a long time. I didn't expect it to be in the mail 5 days. 

• Like 2
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
On 12/21/2018 at 5:15 AM, Pinner Reef said:

Well played 

Have you shipped your gift yet?! 😑

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Glad you liked it 🙂 My husband made fun of me! ha! I had to listen to a boring lecture and did this during the lecture which made it enjoyable. 

The nepthea should come around, they can look pissed off for a long time. I didn't expect it to be in the mail 5 days. 

Wow five days in the mail?? That's pretty impressive it's not a pile of mush

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Ha! Ya the temps are not horrible but not great either. I did pack it well though and added a 72 hour heat pack. I am glad I sprung for the long lasting heat pack. 

To be fair...that coral is from my first tank and has been with me over 10 years which means it has outlived every other thing...through crashes and tank moves and neglect. Not even my Kenya tree or mushrooms made it through a soft coral chemical war crash. At this point it is used to abuse. 😛

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Ha! Ya the temps are not horrible but not great either. I did pack it well though and added a 72 hour heat pack. I am glad I sprung for the long lasting heat pack. 

To be fair...that coral is from my first tank and has been with me over 10 years which means it has outlived every other thing...through crashes and tank moves and neglect. Not even my Kenya tree or mushrooms made it through a soft coral chemical war crash. At this point it is used to abuse. 😛

you may have found the key to rebuilding the world's coral reef!  hahaha

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Haha you can tell him the recipient liked it and that's what matters! I noticed last night the nepthea already looked a little perkier than it had. Just need to tie it to some rubble or something so it stops floating around so much. 

10 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Yeah, I'm impressed lol. I dipped it in Lugol's and popped it in my pico.  It's actually starting to perk up now, I think!

• Like 1

Lucky Numbers for the Drawings

I will be using random.org for the drawing. The drawing will go in order as listed on page 1 of this thread. I will record the drawing and post the results once completed. GOOD LUCK !!

1. slowngreen

2. NanoRox

3. A Little Blue

4. Spectra

5. RoboNarples2929

6. jack1978

7. Sancho

8. Tmr8188

9. righttirefire

10. Weikel

11. kimberbee

12. teenyreef