Coral Vue Hydros

The NPS garden; my NPS coral/macroalgae tank (with pictures!)

AlmightyJoshaeus

4 minutes ago, Subsea said:

I don’t think it is necessary to delete or censor.  The members on this forum will effectively do that just as we are doing now.

Oh, I was referring to the member, Derrick, whose behavior and constant deleting of his own threads/posts got that function eliminated for everyone lol.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Let's just say he's the reason that deleting posts and threads was eliminated, at least for a while (not sure if it's back yet).

Interesting, just tried it... looks like you can delete the contents of the post, but not the fact that you made the post, and not the thread that I can tell... 

10 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Oh, I was referring to the member, Derrick, whose behavior and constant deleting of his own threads/posts got that function eliminated for everyone lol.

I wondered why we didn't have that function anymore... 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Interesting, just tried it... looks like you can delete the contents of the post, but not the fact that you made the post, and not the thread that I can tell... 

Just now, Tamberav said:

I wondered why we didn't have that function anymore... 

Yep.  His serial deletion of topics got to be quite a problem.  Had two dwarf puffers and a lot of other fish, plus a carpet nem, in something like a 28-gallon and didn't like people telling him he was overstocking/stocking inappropriately and needed to rethink some of his choices lol.  It was an interesting time on Nano-Reef...

9 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Please share

Yes, just searching should bring up plenty.  I think it'd be best not to link it here as it was kind of a hot mess.

• Like 2

Gah. I was hospitalized during the epic time of Derrick. Came back on NR post-Derrick and had no idea what everyone was talking about. Managed to dig up a few scanty Derrick-threads that remained and one word: yikes! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yep.  His serial deletion of topics got to be quite a problem.  Had two dwarf puffers and a lot of other fish, plus a carpet nem, in something like a 28-gallon and didn't like people telling him he was overstocking/stocking inappropriately and needed to rethink some of his choices lol.  It was an interesting time on Nano-Reef...

oh man that is a really big yikes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Subsea said:

you might have “multiple tank syndrome” from surfing tooo ma;y websites.  You may need to set up another tank for therapy.  Talk with the “ horse whisperer”, she may have some words of wisdom for you.

I suffer from this debilitating disease... it used to be so bad I would tear down perfectly happy reefs and rebuild for no apparent reason. I have only recently been able to get control over my urges. I still have multiple tanks mind you... but at least I am not uprooting them every 9 months. Victory!

• Like 5