Jump to content
Droy008

Droy's C.C. Pico *Flatworm Invasion*

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, dmw913 said:

I really like the movement in the tank.  I'm finding it important to enjoyment of the pics since we don't get movement of fish.  Well chosen coral!

Thank you, I really like soft corals.

I have found myself gravitating more and more towards leather corals lately, and I am totally okay with it. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Quick small update.

 

I've moved the Cloves off of the sand and glued them to the rockwork up and to the left of the sinularia.

2vpu5IQl.jpg

 

I've also moved up some of the salted agave palys towards the top of the rockwork. They are just too pretty to be smothered by the xenia and green palys.

H5gARsol.jpg

 

Lastly I've moved over another Paly from the 10g. the last one i moved seemed to disappear overnight, so fingers crossed this one last a bit longer. :)

EWC5n0cl.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Really nice Droy.  I love the variety and selection of coral you chose.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys.

The soft corals are doing a great job of filling out.

My concern now is if they keep growing at this rate, I'm not sure what to do with them. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Droy008 said:

Thanks guys.

The soft corals are doing a great job of filling out.

My concern now is if they keep growing at this rate, I'm not sure what to do with them. :lol:

More picos?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, dmw913 said:

More picos?

Lol, pls no.

 

But maybe a consolidation between 2 tanks? :ninja:

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

 

1 hour ago, Droy008 said:

Lol, pls no.

 

But maybe a consolidation between 2 tanks? :ninja:

 

Time to frag em and make people happy! (Freebies) or just sell em... that toadstool specifically ;) ♡♡♡

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, TheRope said:

 

 

Time to frag em and make people happy! (Freebies) or just sell em... that toadstool specifically ;) ♡♡♡

Not going to lie, it's going to be really hard to frag the toadstool. It's just too cool. Knowing my luck if I did frag it, it'd likely come out looking like Freddy Krueger's face.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Droy008 said:

Not going to lie, it's going to be really hard to frag the toadstool. It's just too cool. Knowing my luck if I did frag it, it'd likely come out looking like Freddy Krueger's face.

Then you can sell them as the nightmare toadstools for like 2k per frag XDD

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

More lemons being handed out this week.

 

I came into work after the weekend to see my intricately done rockscape inside the jar had crumbled and fallen over smothering all of the corals inside.

The pump had fouled from all of the debris, and the water temp had dropped to 74*. :(

 

So I pulled most of the rock and corals out, cleaned up the water, cleared out the pump, and began rebuilding the rockscape.

 

Of course I couldn't replicate the previous rockwork, but with copious amounts of superglue I think I was able to come up with something slightly better (lemonade anyone?)

uGOEqzn.jpg

 

I was also able to move the Toadstool towards the center of the tank, and pushed the hammer back. Almost everything bounced back despite the mishap, only casualty at this time was a small paly frag.

 

HCjNCyb.jpg

 

Hopefully this more permanent scape will last a bit longer. :)

 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/9/2017 at 5:19 PM, Droy008 said:

Thanks, I found that if the flow in my 10g was even relatively calm, I was constantly battling crank or dynos. I figured it wouldn't hurt here either.

Yea beca use the rocks are very poured they do not hold moisture at all. In fact I'd wager the are working it off the plants.

The sand is an interesting idea, and was my first thought however it'd likely make a mess.

The moss is another idea however I couldn't find anything locally. Never even considered Amazon. Lol.

Thank you.

I have 1 last leather coral I'd like to add, a Green nepthea, and then fill the rest in with zoas/palys.

You can also try NE Herp or Josh's Frogs for good quality sphagnum.  They sell a brand used in dart frog vivariums that is very nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 09/12/2017 at 11:21 PM, Droy008 said:

Thank you, I really like soft corals.

I have found myself gravitating more and more towards leather corals lately, and I am totally okay with it. :)

Softies are pretty. I love leathers.

 

Yellow Fiji, green nepthea, tyree toadstool are stunning additions.

 

 

Love your pico. It's stunning!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Softies are pretty. I love leathers.

 

Yellow Fiji, green nepthea, tyree toadstool are stunning additions.

 

 

Love your pico. It's stunning!

I have been looking for both a Green nepthea and yellow Fiji. But the few reef shops relatively close to me have nothing. I have found a few vendors online that have them, but I'm hesitant to order 2 small frags and then paying another $40.00 for it to be shipped.

 

But who knows, maybe some day. :)

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Droy008 said:

I have been looking for both a Green nepthea and yellow Fiji. But the few reef shops relatively close to me have nothing. I have found a few vendors online that have them, but I'm hesitant to order 2 small frags and then paying another $40.00 for it to be shipped.

 

But who knows, maybe some day. :)

I hear you. I can't find yellow leathers here at all.

I won't spend $40 on shipping 2 frags either-you could buy another frag with that and that's what goes on in my head any time I want to order online.

 

I have a green leather, man they glow in the tank, love how they pop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is my first Toadstool, and I have to say, it's quickly become one of my favorites. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

agreed this is really sharp and looks very matured

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys!

 

I've been down and out for a little over a week now with pneumonia (yes I missed most of Christmas with my kids :()

But, today I went into work to meet with a few clients, and in the process did a quick checkup on the jar.

As of right now I have not changed the water for the entire month of December. :unsure:

I did notice a tiny amount of Dino's building up in the sand and on the rockwork, so I'm hoping to do a 50% water change tomorrow.

Otherwise, everything is doing great.

 

I snapped a couple quick photos to show how some of the coral are doing.

 

First: The Salted Agaves seemed to be much happier in the jar than they are in the 10g.

e1EDWqOl.jpg

 

Second: The hammer coral that I picked up for $10.00, is now starting to show some yellow/gold fluorescence . :D

04tW0tKl.jpg

 

Third: The toadstool's base got a bit mangled after the rockscape collapsed, I was afraid that it might affect the coral somehow, and well it has. It's started to grow a second head! :lol: 

F1iSV1al.jpg

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Feel better soon! :flower: Toadstools are so weird!  Mine are kind of strange looking too.  Two of them have two heads! It's nice that things did fine without a water change for a month!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Feel better soon! :flower: Toadstools are so weird!  Mine are kind of strange looking too.  Two of them have two heads! It's nice that things did fine without a water change for a month!

Well today I did close to be 75% wc, so hopefully it'll last another month. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to hear that you were sick over Christmas.  That stinks!  Your jar looks great however.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just a friendly reminder that if you haven't already, please pm me your December FTS and a link to your build thread by January 5, 2018.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recommended Discussions

×