Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Code Blue Pico - End of Contest Update

Merthynia

Just now, teenyreef said:

Peps are assholes. But very useful nonetheless :rolleyes:

Yes! He did such a good job taking care of my aiptasia.....and then an acan...and nibbled on a few other things before I realized I needed to be feeding him WAY more than in my bigger tanks! :lol: Whoops!

• Like 1

Mine took care of the aiptasia in my 10g in less than 48 hours. Boom! Gone! Then they made themselves a bit of a nuisance for the next six months.

I just saw a new one yesterday. I also just realized I haven't seen either of mine since earlier this week. Seriously? Are the aiptasia just hanging back in the shadows waiting to the peppermints to die?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Mine took care of the aiptasia in my 10g in less than 48 hours. Boom! Gone! Then they made themselves a bit of a nuisance for the next six months.

I just saw a new one yesterday. I also just realized I haven't seen either of mine since earlier this week. Seriously? Are the aiptasia just hanging back in the shadows waiting to the peppermints to die?

Oh no! I hope not. I was considering moving him into my bigger tank so he didn't accidently eat any more coral. I don't want aiptasia to pop back up though if that's all that is keeping them under control. I just wasn't having as much luck with the aiptasia-X, they would seem to die and then pop back up elsewhere.

• Like 1
Just now, Merthynia said:

Oh no! I hope not. I was considering moving him into my bigger tank so he didn't accidently eat any more coral. I don't want aiptasia to pop back up though if that's all that is keeping them under control. I just wasn't having as much luck with the aiptasia-X, they would seem to die and then pop back up elsewhere.

Same here with Aiptasia-X. I'm hoping mine are just molting and will reappear in another day or two. 

1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Same here with Aiptasia-X. I'm hoping mine are just molting and will reappear in another day or two. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one without success using the chemical. Have yours shown any signs of breeding? I've seen my skunk cleaner berried, but I've never seen peppermints with a saddle or berried.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one without success using the chemical. Have yours shown any signs of breeding? I've seen my skunk cleaner berried, but I've never seen peppermints with a saddle or berried.

No, I don't think they know about sex :ninja:

• Haha 2
ChristopherDido

Looks Great!  Glad I am not the Only one that the Aiptasia-X doesn't work for... Luckily didn't get aiptasia in my Pico, but my main did have it and chemical didn't work, got a Pep it took care of it, then it was bullied to death by an evil Royal Gramma and now the Aiptasia is back SMH.  Good luck, great ending shots!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

No, I don't think they know about sex :ninja:

What a sad existence! :lol:

10 hours ago, ChristopherDido said:

Looks Great!  Glad I am not the Only one that the Aiptasia-X doesn't work for... Luckily didn't get aiptasia in my Pico, but my main did have it and chemical didn't work, got a Pep it took care of it, then it was bullied to death by an evil Royal Gramma and now the Aiptasia is back SMH.  Good luck, great ending shots!

Oh no! Are you planning on getting another shrimp? Although if the gramma killed the first one, likely it would kill a second one. :( 

Thank you! I’m going to take some closeups when the lights turn on today. :)

• Like 1
ChristopherDido
26 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

What a sad existence! :lol:

Oh no! Are you planning on getting another shrimp? Although if the gramma killed the first one, likely it would kill a second one. :( 

Thank you! I’m going to take some closeups when the lights turn on today. :)

Actually I caught the Royal Shortly after, that was the last straw for him :-) I took him to an LFS, and they resold him to someone else apparently. So I'm thinking I may get another here very soon :-) 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ChristopherDido said:

Actually I caught the Royal Shortly after, that was the last straw for him :-) I took him to an LFS, and they resold him to someone else apparently. So I'm thinking I may get another here very soon :-) 

Oh awesome! That gives you lots of opportunities. :)

3 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Happy Easter everyone! It's snowing here so I thought I'd put up a few closeups of the tank. 

26297037967_2ac7cec378_z.jpg

26297038027_aed63e38de_z.jpg

26297038037_93e8f3b3e6_z.jpg

40273684875_4a234e6542_z.jpg

Snowing!  Dang, it's 70 something and sunny here today lol.  Great shots, corals are so fluffy!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Snowing!  Dang, it's 70 something and sunny here today lol.  Great shots, corals are so fluffy!

Oh man I wish it was 70s here, I'd love to open the sliding glass door! It's spring and snowing. :closedeyes:

8 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Oh man I wish it was 70s here, I'd love to open the sliding glass door! It's spring and snowing. :closedeyes:

I can't even imagine!  Though it rarely snows here anyway, and when it does, everyone freaks out and buys all the bread and milk at the store and they close the schools and people can't drive and--yeah.  Southerners. :rolleyes:  :lol:

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I can't even imagine!  Though it rarely snows here anyway, and when it does, everyone freaks out and buys all the bread and milk at the store and they close the schools and people can't drive and--yeah.  Southerners. :rolleyes:  :lol:

That's hilarious, I can't imagine! :lol: I moved several hours south of where I grew up and they have considerably less snow here. People do tend to drive really crazy around here when it does snow.

• Like 1

I have friends that moved from LA to Nebraska earlier this year. You can imagine what they think of their Easter weather today :lol:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I have friends that moved from LA to Nebraska earlier this year. You can imagine what they think of their Easter weather today :lol:

Oh NO! Those poor friends of yours! What brought them to my home state?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Oh NO! Those poor friends of yours! What brought them to my home state?

He was called to be a pastor! I never would have thought he and his family would like it, but actually they love it. But let's face it, no one enjoys snow on Easter :)

• Like 1
23 hours ago, teenyreef said:

He was called to be a pastor! I never would have thought he and his family would like it, but actually they love it. But let's face it, no one enjoys snow on Easter :)

I'm glad they like it there! It was a great place to grow up 

1 hour ago, seabass said:

It really came out nice.

Thank you Seabass!

• Like 1