ReefCleaners.org

Code Blue Pico - End of Contest Update

Merthynia

1 minute ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great collection of corals @Merthynia! Do you feed the candy cane corals pellets like the acans?

Thanks! :flower:

I do occasionally. The last time I fed I accidentally dropped 4-5 pellets underneath all the rocks and wasn't able to get them back out. It's challenging in such a tiny space!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another mass of photos from today. The corals arrived from Cherry Corals. I'll be moving them around over the next couple weeks as I determine where I'd like to place each of them. :wub:

38727396395_afe4e6cd0c_z.jpg

Excuse the extremely dirty glass. It's on my to-do list! :lol:

39594085312_d3bfbe019e_z.jpg

Starting to open! This is the only one currently in the jar.

39594086172_e33b8dd9b0_z.jpg

Looks like a ton of growth on the zoas since they were first put in here!

27846367079_3dbb4f569a_z.jpg

Even these appear to have at least one new head. I need to look back at earlier photos and compare!

39594085622_2ea847865d_z.jpg

The acans were SO hungry today! 

39594085492_08bb62d7b5_z.jpg

I had tried to get several of these guys in here when I started the tank. I'm glad to see at least one survivor!

38727396045_ce5383bfdd_z.jpg

This mushroom hides quite a bit while the powerhead is on.

• Like 4
On 1/11/2018 at 12:16 AM, Merthynia said:

Another mass of photos from today. The corals arrived from Cherry Corals. I'll be moving them around over the next couple weeks as I determine where I'd like to place each of them. :wub:

38727396395_afe4e6cd0c_z.jpg

Excuse the extremely dirty glass. It's on my to-do list! :lol:

39594085312_d3bfbe019e_z.jpg

Starting to open! This is the only one currently in the jar.

39594086172_e33b8dd9b0_z.jpg

Looks like a ton of growth on the zoas since they were first put in here!

27846367079_3dbb4f569a_z.jpg

Even these appear to have at least one new head. I need to look back at earlier photos and compare!

39594085622_2ea847865d_z.jpg

The acans were SO hungry today! 

39594085492_08bb62d7b5_z.jpg

I had tried to get several of these guys in here when I started the tank. I'm glad to see at least one survivor!

38727396045_ce5383bfdd_z.jpg

This mushroom hides quite a bit while the powerhead is on.

I have glass scraping problems too! :lol: Can't wait to see the new stuff when it opens up!

• Like 2
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, Lula_Mae said:

I have glass scraping problems too! :lol: Can't wait to see the new stuff when it opens up!

I don't know why, but that is by far the worst part of cleaning the tank. Maybe I need a new scraper!

23 hours ago, Merthynia said:

I don't know why, but that is by far the worst part of cleaning the tank. Maybe I need a new scraper!

I just got a little IM scraper and so far am impressed, it will be tough to fit in tiny pico crevices, but it can take care of most of the walls.

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, Lula_Mae said:

I just got a little IM scraper and so far am impressed, it will be tough to fit in tiny pico crevices, but it can take care of most of the walls.

I may have to pick one of those up. Although I need something to be able to fit in tiny places and work well on curves.

2 hours ago, Merthynia said:

I may have to pick one of those up. Although I need something to be able to fit in tiny places and work well on curves.

There is somebody that makes a teeny one designed for tubing, but the scraper is tiny and I wouldn't want to scrape the whole thing with it lol. Two Little Fishes maybe?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I sometimes use a toothbrush for really small spaces. It just doesn't work on coraline.

Also... a tank only toothbrush - not my toothbrush!! 

I have some tank only toothbrushes also!

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, Lula_Mae said:

There is somebody that makes a teeny one designed for tubing, but the scraper is tiny and I wouldn't want to scrape the whole thing with it lol. Two Little Fishes maybe?

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, kimberbee said:

I sometimes use a toothbrush for really small spaces. It just doesn't work on coraline.

Also... a tank only toothbrush - not my toothbrush!! 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, vlangel said:

I have some tank only toothbrushes also!

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Each of my tanks have their own toothbrush lol.

Sorry for the long delay. I had the flu... :owned:

I took one of my two little fishes magnet cleaners and got a lot of it off, but I need to go in with something a little stronger :lol: sounds like I need to pick up a cheap toothbrush.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Going pretty good. Glad to hear you dont have the ebola anymore. 

Haha me too. #### the flu this year. I've had so many patients that I've had to scan who are positive for A or B.

13 hours ago, Merthynia said:

Haha me too. #### the flu this year. I've had so many patients that I've had to scan who are positive for A or B.

Glad you're feeling better. We had someone out last week who everyone is calling "patient 0" - I have no idea if he's back today or not. Our safety guy went out and got jumbo sized bottles of hand sanitizer for everyone's desk! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Glad you're feeling better. We had someone out last week who everyone is calling "patient 0" - I have no idea if he's back today or not. Our safety guy went out and got jumbo sized bottles of hand sanitizer for everyone's desk! 

tenor.gif

• Haha 3
On 1/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, kimberbee said:

Frequent handwashing (soap and warm water for at least 15 seconds) is one of the best and most effective ways to avoid spreading germs. When I went to Costa Rica, one gal on the trip was sick and she and the other two poked fun at me for how often I washed my hands. Guess who is the only one who didn't get sick? They all were washing more frequently by the end of the week. :lol:

Other things that help: coughing into your elbow, staying home when sick

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Frequent handwashing (soap and warm water for at least 15 seconds) is one of the best and most effective ways to avoid spreading germs. When I went to Costa Rica, one gal on the trip was sick and she and the other two poked fun at me for how often I washed my hands. Guess who is the only one who didn't get sick? They all were washing more frequently by the end of the week. :lol:

I have 4 (ages 2 - 16) children...  I've been debating changing the street name to Petrie Dish Lane... 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, kimberbee said:

Oh goodness. Hopefully you guys miss it.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, jbb_00 said:

tenor.gif

:lol: Thanks for sanitizing my thread!

7 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Indeed. Most of us have just started wearing masks all the time at work. There are just too many flu patients.

7 hours ago, jahnje said:

I have 4 (ages 2 - 16) children...  I've been debating changing the street name to Petrie Dish Lane... 

I can't even imagine. Little kids bring home everything!

1 minute ago, Merthynia said:

Oh goodness. Hopefully you guys miss it.

:lol: Thanks for sanitizing my thread!

Indeed. Most of us have just started wearing masks all the time at work. There are just too many flu patients.

I can't even imagine. Little kids bring home everything!

That's a lotta flu lol. My unit didn't allow sick people to come in whenever possible as it's dangerous for the babies. :(

7 hours ago, jahnje said:

I used to work at a daycare, I was sick for four months straight! Even handwashing can't do everything lol. :lol:

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

That's a lotta flu lol. My unit didn't allow sick people to come in whenever possible as it's dangerous for the babies. :(

I used to work at a daycare, I was sick for four months straight! Even handwashing can't do everything lol. :lol:

Very dangerous indeed. I worry the most about the transplant patients. We have to go everywhere in the hospital so we get exposed to a little of this and a little of that. :lol:

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Very dangerous indeed. I worry the most about the transplant patients. We have to go everywhere in the hospital so we get exposed to a little of this and a little of that. :lol:

Eek! Yeah that's a lot of exposure! Do the transplant floors have rules restricting sick people from visiting?

4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Eek! Yeah that's a lot of exposure! Do the transplant floors have rules restricting sick people from visiting?

No, there aren't any specific transplant floors. The cardiac critical care and ICUs all have limits for children and people who are sick.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Merthynia said:

No, there aren't any specific transplant floors. The cardiac critical care and ICUs all have limits for children and people who are sick.

That's good, my hospital just upped the child visitor age requirement due to flu season getting so bad. And it's a children's hospital lol.

• Like 1