Pod Your Reef

Code Blue Pico - End of Contest Update

Merthynia

I wondered when you would update :D.  Isn't it crazy how big things look in the tank from the side?  It seems like I have more space when I look in from the side.  But then I look top down and I'm like...I hope I have enough room :scarry:.

• Haha 2
Just now, gena said:

I wondered when you would update :D.  Isn't it crazy how big things look in the tank from the side?  It seems like I have more space when I look in from the side.  But then I look top down and I'm like...I hope I have enough room :scarry:.

Haha, yeah I've had a long week. Sick and then took the boy kitty to the vet for a surgery work-up. I've been taking pictures but kept putting off updating! I love how full your tank looks already! I need to make some frags from my 10gal to move over and pick up more goodies from the LFS. I need to work on color correcting my photos and getting better pictures with the crazy faucets in the glass.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gena said:

#picoproblems

• Haha 2
Just now, Merthynia said:

Haha, yeah I've had a long week. Sick and then took the boy kitty to the vet for a surgery work-up. I've been taking pictures but kept putting off updating! I love how full your tank looks already! I need to make some frags from my 10gal to move over and pick up more goodies from the LFS. I need to work on color correcting my photos and getting better pictures with the crazy faucets in the glass.

The color correcting thing is driving me nuts.  I guess I need to practice more with it.  I just hate having blown out photos.  I want it to look realistic!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

#picoproblems

So true

1 minute ago, gena said:

The color correcting thing is driving me nuts.  I guess I need to practice more with it.  I just hate having blown out photos.  I want it to look realistic!

Yeah same. The insides look so dang dark in my photos because the light is SO close and SO bright.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Merthynia said:

So true

Yeah same. The insides look so dang dark in my photos because the light is SO close and SO bright.

I'm having a similar issue with my lighting and photos :mellow:

• Like 1
Just now, TFish77 said:

I'm having a similar issue with my lighting and photos :mellow:

Even though my pictures on the 10gal aren't the greatest. It is SO much easier to photograph. I know the nanobox is way more powerful than the par bulb, but I'm not sure how to work around it. Have you tried filtering out a little of the light? I might have to give that a try.

39 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Even though my pictures on the 10gal aren't the greatest. It is SO much easier to photograph. I know the nanobox is way more powerful than the par bulb, but I'm not sure how to work around it. Have you tried filtering out a little of the light? I might have to give that a try.

I've considered investing in a gel filter as I have heard people have success with those. I wouldn't want the ones that make the corals look ridiculously over saturated though. Just enough to filter out some of the blue. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

37825452195_21f1fae138_z.jpg

November's update is a great way to end my incredibly hectic day and holiday catch-up!

38657688806_ef4038c8cd_z.jpg

Top-down photo. Things are looking great so far. The hammer looks pleased today, I hope it continues to grow and flow!

38712907321_f9dea41729_z.jpg

I love merletti corals! I can't get enough of them. I'd love to have an entire garden of them in one of my tanks!

37825452175_4b533fb4bb_z.jpg

I know I feel like I'm playing with fire by placing this in here, but I have a itty bitty leather frag in the back.

37825452145_f8f3ac7731_z.jpg

Little side shots to show the depths.

26937398629_eb67fe829c_z.jpg

This little acan is doing great so far, always hungry and eating pellets like a champ!

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

With the facetted surface of your container, (which I would think would be super challenging), you have done a good job with getting pics.  Everything is looking good too.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, vlangel said:

With the facetted surface of your container, (which I would think would be super challenging), you have done a good job with getting pics.  Everything is looking good too.

Yes that has made it frustrating to get good pictures to say the least. I need to just do it anyway and post more! :) 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a late post. What a whirlwind of a month this has been. The past two weeks have been filled with vet appointments and lots of antibiotics. My little girl kitty has an abscess on her lip and we have been battling it for awhile now. Tomorrow I get to evaluate how it is doing, it'll depend if she needs surgery on it or not. :( 

38731939484_c2c01a78ba_z.jpg

It doesn't look too bad in this photo.

I managed to snag quite a few coral from Cherry Corals latest sale, they won't be arriving until Wednesday next week. I'm hoping to put a few into this tank. I can't wait to see them!

Anyways, here is what you came to see!

27663020499_e3d06293e6_z.jpg

27663020459_29567e5997_z.jpg

Those trumpets are fat and sassy!

24573783927_3f4745ef91_z.jpg

• Like 5
8 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I hope kitty gets better soon! :flower:

The sore looks much better tonight. Fingers crossed that this is the correct antibiotic. She is currently on day 4 of 10, so we have some time yet to see how it does.

Looks like Cherry corals is pushing back their shipments from this week into next week because of the winter storm. I wonder if that will affect my shipment. I hope not since I managed to get the day off so I could receive them!

• Like 4

Pico looks good.

Your kitty is very cute and I hope she is ok.

It can be difficult treating kitties, it seems to be trial and error on what works for them.

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:21 AM, Clown79 said:

Pico looks good.

Your kitty is very cute and I hope she is ok.

It can be difficult treating kitties, it seems to be trial and error on what works for them.

She is doing much much better, thank you! It's almost completely gone as of today.

I did a waterchange last night and a small treatment of aiptasia-x. There were 3 extremely small aiptasia on the stalk of the trumpets.

Here are a few shots of coral before the waterchange.

24692287767_c6010711a9_z.jpg

39530269522_02c8bf324b_z.jpg

39530269512_a9a29b29e9_z.jpg

You can see the tiny blue-legged hermit here.

27783437709_1701a4bafd_z.jpg

27783437679_ffdf1b520b_z.jpg

27783437599_33ae02d0f7_z.jpg

• Like 3