Jump to content
TheRope

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

Recommended Posts

TheRope

I just just did the heaviest feeding ive ever done. Im honestly so worried right now hahaha 

 

I cannot wait for my waterchange in like 5 hours

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

Was curious to see what my reef looks like under white light now, since ive seen a lot of people have their picos under similar high white low blues. This is the original light. The one i started with. I personally like how it looks more under the white light. But the abi tuna blue is a proven light that works wonders so functionality over beauty :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel

My reef jar is under higher white, 8 white and 4 blue.  I am seeing very good growth and color is not bad.  I am hoping to influence color with food.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

You see i like it visually but the reason i switched is because my blood red acans turned green and everything was gerting discolored... i put in the abi, though i dont like the hue of blue it really made the corals fill out and grow! Maybe my light was just shit XD 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel
1 hour ago, TheRope said:

You see i like it visually but the reason i switched is because my blood red acans turned green and everything was gerting discolored... i put in the abi, though i dont like the hue of blue it really made the corals fill out and grow! Maybe my light was just shit XD 

Actually I had red acans turn orange so maybe you are on to something.  All my other coral seem ok but they really aren't the type to change color.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

Man algae just exploded after one feeding of reefroids they should name it pest algae roids. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

Did 2 more waterchanges and everything is under controle!! Bingo. ALSOOOOOOO 

 

 

Sooo today will be fun. I just recieved the cascade 170, it fits in the palm of my hand. Im using this to add extra flow in the tank but i may test its claims on added colonization of beneficial aerobic bacteria. My pico has absolutely no problem sustaining itself without a filter. But i cannot seem to get the flow i want and woth the added air induction system this looks like itll do the trick!!!

IMG_20180218_104743_682.jpg

20180218_104202.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ReefMagix

Thats a lot of flow. I tried the smaller turtle filters they actually produce a good amount of flow and no internal motor. I changed the carbon out for biomedia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefMagix

actually makes sort of a wave pattern 

 

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
2 hours ago, ReefMagix said:

Thats a lot of flow. I tried the smaller turtle filters they actually produce a good amount of flow and no internal motor. I changed the carbon out for biomedia.

So far the corals are all open and loving it its been 8 hours! Temp only went up by .8 degrees so for me right now this is awesome. Also i wouldnt be able to rig that external filter you mention on my jar due to the lid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ReefMagix
24 minutes ago, TheRope said:

So far the corals are all open and loving it its been 8 hours! Temp only went up by .8 degrees so for me right now this is awesome. Also i wouldnt be able to rig that external filter you mention on my jar due to the lid.

it is an internal filter not external. I had mine fully submerged at the bottom of the 2g jar. but had to modify with a tunze magnet to attach it. Sounds like yours is working pretty good as is though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
1 hour ago, ReefMagix said:

it is an internal filter not external. I had mine fully submerged at the bottom of the 2g jar. but had to modify with a tunze magnet to attach it. Sounds like yours is working pretty good as is though.

Oh i see! I kind of like the option here with the air intake attached to the moveable nozel also the size is incredibly small :) thanks for the help though

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
On 12/02/2018 at 6:04 PM, vlangel said:

Actually I had red acans turn orange so maybe you are on to something.  All my other coral seem ok but they really aren't the type to change color.

Started off red when i bought them. Then they turned orange, then green. Then i placed abi in and back to orange, then redder than when i bought them XD 

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-16-08.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-15-59.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-20-02.png

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel
1 hour ago, TheRope said:

Started off red when i bought them. Then they turned orange, then green. Then i placed abi in and back to orange, then redder than when i bought them XD 

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-16-08.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-15-59.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-20-02.png

Wow!  That is a big change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

Wow!  That is a big change.

It blew my mind haha 

 

Little update  video! And a show at what salt i will now be using!!! 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel
17 minutes ago, TheRope said:

It blew my mind haha 

 

Little update  video! And a show at what salt i will now be using!!! 

 

 

That is some serious water movement!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

Yeah i thought so too, but my corals are more out than ever! My duncans too and theyre never out this much! Its rough at the top which is great for my sps but it gets to a perfect flow lower down! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

Cluttterreeed! And look at those duncans coming around ;)

IMG_20180221_165044_557.jpg

IMG_20180221_165242_912.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
samnaz

Nice jar you have there :) Maybe I should get one for my desk at work... certainly would make work more enjoyable!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

Thanks! I know a couple of people that have, but it still has its maintenance, so make sure you have time at work!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel

Nice PE too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
2 hours ago, vlangel said:

Nice PE too.

PE?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...