Coral Vue Hydros

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

TheRope

I love the rock scape and use of placement! What are the current specs of this little build? I've been wanting to get into the pico tanks for a while. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jcgoat said:

I love the rock scape and use of placement! What are the current specs of this little build? I've been wanting to get into the pico tanks for a while. 

Thanks a ton! The coral placement was probably the only thing that wracked my brain, trying to fill it in more and more only regret is that i baught tiny sps frags shoulda picked up larger ones. I normally update the specs as i go on the first post of this thread but heres a simplified version! 

Equipment: 
-seapora 2gal rimless cube
-Cascade 170 pump without filter media
-50 watt heater (Via aqua quartz with heater guard)
-par 38 tuna blue led by abi

Stocking: 
-Red acan 
-"Christmas" favia 
-Orange Rhodactis mushroom
-Pulsing xenia 
-Papaya cloves
-Duncans
-Various zoanthids
-Pink monti digitata
-Red monti digitata
-Green star polyp
-Hammer coral
-Green moni digitata
-Montipora spongodes
-Meteor shower cyphastrea
-Frogspawn
-Orange Montipora setosa
-Red Gracillaria macroalgae
And the mascot : Skunk cleaner shrimp

Maintenance:
-60-70% waterchange on wednesday + 90% waterchange on sunday
-Broadcast reefroids every 2 -3 weeks. 
-Lps coral pellet spot feedings every 2 weeks 
-Spot feed 1-2 pellets every day or two for the Shrimp

IMG_20180606_184700_735.jpg

• Like 1
On 6/6/2018 at 12:16 PM, TheRope said:

Hehe yeah the jar is doing surprisingly well i found a really good organic soil and the plants as well as the isopods are loving it! Really a fun species to keep, cant wait to start seeding my frog/gecko terrariums once ihave enough ! 

Thanks a lot 🙂

What kind of frogs and geckos do you keep? I've been interested in thumbnail dart frogs and African fat tailed geckos. 

22 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

What kind of frogs and geckos do you keep? I've been interested in thumbnail dart frogs and African fat tailed geckos. 

Im more into arboreal species of everything, my current animal count is: 

3 gargoyle geckos 

2 tokays (and 7 eggs) 

1 albino pacman (not arboreal) 

1 whites tree frog

1 carpet python 

Isopod colony 

Reef Cube 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, TheRope said:

Im more into arboreal species of everything, my current animal count is: 

3 gargoyle geckos 

2 tokays (and 7 eggs) 

1 albino pacman (not arboreal) 

1 whites tree frog

1 carpet python 

Isopod colony 

Reef Cube 

You've got quite the collection going on!  If you're interested in isopods for their own sake, I highly recommend giant canyon isopods.  They get to be around an inch long when fully grown and I found them hilariously entertaining.  Still hope to set up a small viv just for them sometime.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

You've got quite the collection going on!  If you're interested in isopods for their own sake, I highly recommend giant canyon isopods.  They get to be around an inch long when fully grown and I found them hilariously entertaining.  Still hope to set up a small viv just for them sometime.

Haha yeah i just had a baby tokay hatch last night ! 

I think my favorite isos are probably the rubber ducks! 

IMG_20180610_003825_602.jpg

• Like 4
14 hours ago, TheRope said:

Haha yeah i just had a baby tokay hatch last night ! 

I think my favorite isos are probably the rubber ducks! 

IMG_20180610_003825_602.jpg

Awww! He's so cute! I did see pics of rubber duck isos and they are adorable! But $$$ lol. 

• Haha 1

@Draco Im thinking of selling my frogspawn and hammer and setting up these two mushroom types in their spot and eatch them slowly invade ( ill prune them back and sell them as i go, but i really want a mushroom invasion ... 

received_983812701783524.png

received_983812618450199.png

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Muffin said:

Do it! mushrooms are the best easy and beautiful!

2 hours ago, Draco said:

Ohh so you are going to go for a mushroom scape! Do it! Do it!!!!!

You two are bad influences! Youre supposed to say "No wait for your sps to grow in, and keep it a mixed reef!" Hahaha

On 6/12/2018 at 3:34 PM, Draco said:

Just send me your SPS and do the mushrooms. Problem solved! lol

I wish someone would just buy all my corals off me except for a couple haha 

Duncans are too fussyy , move the flow slightly to the left and they close up for 5 days and counting. Every other coral i can scrape and move over and they dont even react...maybe ill remove the duncans and put something else there

IMG_20180613_135928_649.jpg

IMG_20180613_140003_775.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Muffin said:

Perfect spot for some mushrooms lol

Nah i really dont like this scape for mushrooms, ill probably start colonizing them in that spot on the right where the frogspawn is (im trying different locations for the froggy) and then if someone wants to buy my rocks of corals or wishes to trade some nice colored mushrooms ill definitely be up for it 

I feel you,

I accidentally used to much force to feed two of my acan colonies a week ago (i use a baby medicine dispenser, much like a mini turkey baster) both colonies are still pissy a week later. But the maxima clam i just put in yesterday is chillin and happy

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Muffin said:

That looks great! I'm a fan

This tank is gonna get filled to the rim of high quality mushrooms. Im going to pick em up this weekend. Especially that pillar, its gonna be full. 

20 hours ago, 12scanlon said:

What type of tank is this?

Its a seapora 2 gallon! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TheRope said:

This tank is gonna get filled to the rim of high quality mushrooms. Im going to pick em up this weekend. Especially that pillar, its gonna be full. 

Its a seapora 2 gallon! 

Thanks I’m thinking of starting a pico and couldn’t decide on the brand. Probably going to go with this one seeing how cool it is.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 12scanlon said:

Thanks I’m thinking of starting a pico and couldn’t decide on the brand. Probably going to go with this one seeing how cool it is.

Hehe glad i helped you pick! Theres an even larger one thats 4 gal (10 x10 x10) pretty nice too. Just too big for me 🙂