Cultivated Reef

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

TheRope

17 hours ago, TheRope said:

Almost full tank shot, an update on my cyphastreas growth and some shaky macro footage! 

IMG_20180328_195654_400.jpg

IMG_20180328_195816_507.jpg

Nice encrusting looks awesome.

• Thanks 1

Looking good! I like how the cyphastrea is encrusting on the bottom. I was going to try to get some of my corals to encrust on the bottom glass but I couldn't get the glue to stick long enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-07 at 10:18 PM, teenyreef said:

Looking good! I like how the cyphastrea is encrusting on the bottom. I was going to try to get some of my corals to encrust on the bottom glass but I couldn't get the glue to stick long enough.

Haha thank you! Actually it hasnt spread onto the glass yet, i heavily glued it into a 1x1 piece of thin glass, and i havent touched it, it spread onto that poece of glass and is just starting to droop off of it and into the tank glass now! 

• Like 1

So heres for another update, the temps fluctuate between a singular degree (79-80) used to be more stable but the little pump creates some added heat. But on the plus side, the pump creates absolutely no salt creep. I do not have to top off between waterchanges anymore salinity stays at a constant 1.26. 

The only required maitenance at this point is waterchanges once a week, clean the glass, feed every 2 weeks, and if  i notice algae growing on the coral magnets, simply slide em down and the crabs clean it up.

I have lost 0 corals and 0 crabs and provably some colonista snails but my big snail is still going strong! 

This jar went from being a headache to a relaxing, easy to care for mini reef! 

My corals are actually also growing pretty quickly. My cyphastrea has reached the bottom glass and stuff is just spreaaading!

• Like 3

Update again! Tonight right after the video below, i removed a huge portiodn of gsp in order tonplace my red monti ( removing gsp f'n hard!!!) But i managed to get quite a bit off then did a waterchange ! Ill take some pics later!

• Like 2

Rip my lovely porcelain crab, youll be missed ♡♡♡ was the king of the jar for 8 months and has died unexpectedly 😕

Any suggestions on a reef safe creature that would do good in my jar?  

• Sad 4

Hmm so here it is, i removed most ( 90%) of my gsp, and now it looks so empty. I stuck my red monti on there, but theres still a huge space. What would you guys like to see there? (Nothing aggressive as anyhing aggro would have access to 4 sps corals in a 4 inch diameter) 

IMG_20180504_212245_021.jpg

• Like 1

Red: red monti digi

Green: green monti digi

Pink: pink monti digi

Purple: monti spongodes 

Black: EMPTY SPACE

(I have another spongodes frag on a magnet on the glass that i can pit there but i wanted to spread thst one on the glass) 

orca-image-1525531427617.jpg_1525531427837.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Wow, upgrade!!!!

Yup! (Some may say downgrade, due to it being a smaller volume but i agree, UPGRADE!) 

heres day 2 in the cube 

• Like 1