Innovative Marine Aquariums

Blenwood's Reef - 1st attempts at focus stacking

Cannedfish

20 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I definitely agree lol I admit I have bought pieces that size myself though 🤣..

Oh I have picked up boogers to........things do grow though :wink:

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

little sps nugget ? 

I’m not sure it even makes the nugget classification. If I was entering this frag in an underground amateur bare knuckle boxing match, it would be on the lighter side of the booger category. 

21 hours ago, spectra said:

I would say booger rather than nugget :lol:

100% runny booger. Not much meat to this guy, but even this amount was putting significant damage on my wallet. I’m not sure I can afford a full booger. And a nugget... what am I? A rapper?!

21 hours ago, spectra said:

Oh I have picked up boogers to........things do grow though :wink:

This is one of this instances where I unequivocally say I hope so.... I am adequately paying our neighborhood voodoo priestess to channel your SPS growing skills!

21 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

I hope it was a freebie. There is more life on that frag plug than in that SPSB (small polyp stony booger). 

I wish... I think I paid extra for the weird algaes it came with. On the other hand, ole Blen-Daddy was super excited about the smorgasbord, and is now looking quite svelte!

——————

Welp, here’s the running booger in all it’s glory! A full 24 hours later, I am honest shocked I haven’t killed it...

757F189A-2581-4E4D-9B6E-8779293B20F4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Give it a few weeks and it should color up nicely,did you happen to see the mother colony that it came from or no ? 

I did, and it's pretty nice. Although, I’ll be the first to admit, this is a complete hypebeast purchase (that’s two in a row for those keeping score at home). It’s almost embarrassing to mention, and impossible to imagine at the moment, but since I only have space for 3 more acros, I’ve started to swing for the fences; assuming it doesn’t die, this will eventually be the JF Homewrecker. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I'll be looking for a frag when it's a full grown colony next month. At least, it will be based on the growth rate of your upscales microlados. But you should know it's not good for the long-term health for young corals when they take steroids :lol:

Seriously, though, congrats! I really hope it does well!

• Like 1
On 9/23/2018 at 7:31 PM, patback said:

Wow... beautiful tank, great photos and comedy to boot.  

Thanks, I appreciate it! Though I've been told the comedy is best described as "hackneyed" or even "well-worn." But, that's okay, I do my best, even if that bar, is admittedly, really low.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:58 PM, teenyreef said:

I'll be looking for a frag when it's a full grown colony next month. At least, it will be based on the growth rate of your upscales microlados. But you should know it's not good for the long-term health for young corals when they take steroids :lol:

Seriously, though, congrats! I really hope it does well!

Sold! If this thing ever makes it to a fragable size (long-shot), it's going straight to VA. I'll even pay shipping! I will mark my palm pilot to revisit this issue in 3-5 years. 

Regarding, juicing up the yungin's'... I'm not too concerned. I don't really care if they end up statistically shorter then the general population, or can't reproduce. I just want them to have debilitating anger problems and use a lot of hair gel. A real affinity to house music and unhealthy personal relationships wouldn't hurt, either. You know, basically I want them to turn into South Florida or all of Jersey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

To quote everyone’s favorite head-shaving Diva: “Oops, I did it again...” but this time I really think it’s the last time. I’m going to really have to perform some magic to fit these in. 

766E35B1-5CA3-4C32-9D78-916001B38095.jpeg

28AD8143-955B-4227-AFD4-AA12B929936F.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

You could glue them on Turbo snails and call it a day. 😏

Great suggestion. I actually thought about that, however, the turbo snail is where I keep bubble algae, bryopsis and other fancy algaes. And boy-oh-boy, do those shells like good! I'm sure they don't spread anything...

16 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Whatcha got,whatcha got ?! 

From left to right: CB White Zombie Zoa, Z's Prize acro, TGC Cherry Bomb Acro, and BradB's Drawjopper Acro. I was shock how good the cherry bomb looked in person, however, I am most excited about the Drawjopper. The mother colony looked amazing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks good but I have issues paying 100 bucks for boogers :lol: thats the problem with this hobby............I have a local shop and a friend who sells on R2R and yes boogers for 100.......I told him I am not paying those inflated prices..........they know I am not cheap but just want my moneys worth.......we all know how coral can grow :lol:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

To quote everyone’s favorite head-shaving Diva: “Oops, I did it again...” but this time I really think it’s the last time. I’m going to really have to perform some magic to fit these in. 

766E35B1-5CA3-4C32-9D78-916001B38095.jpeg

28AD8143-955B-4227-AFD4-AA12B929936F.jpeg

They look terrible, you should send them over to me immediately 😂

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks good but I have issues paying 100 bucks for boogers :lol: thats the problem with this hobby............I have a local shop and a friend who sells on R2R and yes boogers for 100.......I told him I am not paying those inflated prices..........they know I am not cheap but just want my moneys worth.......we all know how coral can grow :lol:

Nanoreefs new sponsor top shelf has some beautiful pieces. I was ready to bite the bullet and buy some more expensive sps, even at 100 bucks a pop.  Holy crap, they want 3-500 bucks per frag.  

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

100 booger?? Lol I was looking for that jawdropper frag to see what it looks like as a colony.. yea online in was seeing 400-600 .. nuts!!!!! But a beautiful coral..   I would slit my wrists if I bought that thing and it died..

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Weikel said:

100 booger?? Lol I was looking for that jawdropper frag to see what it looks like as a colony.. yea online in was seeing 400-600 .. nuts!!!!! But a beautiful coral..   I would slit my wrists if I bought that thing and it died..

Yep understand that one............

I only buy small colonies anymore.........its always the little ones that never make it.........although I did pay 100 for one zoa polyp :lol: I sold 400 worth later and now have over 25 on the frag plug...........not even sure what hallucinations go for anymore.

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

not even sure what hallucinations go for anymore.

Me either. Shrooms are cheap but I heard from a friend lsd gets pricey😆

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, spectra said:

I’m 100% with you! Unfortunately, for all the people I have found, even the decent ones (or friends for that matter), if a booger is $100, a fat chunk is $400, and so on... It sucks but I’ve just come to accept it, escpecially if it’s something specific I’m looking for; I don’t really have the space luxury to fill up on unwanted pieces. Plus, I do get a weird satisfaction when I manage to turn a booger into a small colony. 

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

They look terrible, you should send them over to me immediately 😂

Reiterating above, @teenyreef already called the first HW frag (assuming I live that long, and bourbon doesn’t conquer my liver (fight on little buddy!!)), but no one has had a chance to call dibs on these yet. Luckily, because I’ll never have the space for a sizable frag system, I like to think of any future fragging as pure charity to the coral gods. Lord knows I need to work off some of the karma debt I amassed hexing all-y’alls contest frags with voodoo dark magic... sorry (not sorry).

1 hour ago, patback said:

Nanoreefs new sponsor top shelf has some beautiful pieces. I was ready to bite the bullet and buy some more expensive sps, even at 100 bucks a pop.  Holy crap, they want 3-500 bucks per frag.  

Yeah, coral prices are stupid. But so are women’s handbag prices, and those don’t grow! Also I’m not a woman so I don’t have to buy handbags, so using terrible logic, basically I’m still even after buying frags. (Possibly my worst analogy, and I’m not even drinking... but screw it I've come this far! No REGERTS... errr... no turning back!)

1 hour ago, Weikel said:

No no! This is the off brand version of that! The DRawJopper! It’s not quite as expensive... but looks really close to the RR jawdropper. Also, if we are going to talk suicide, I really feel like the whole slit your wrist thing is like the worst way to go. Messy, disgusting, slow... hypothetically speaking, if you’re going do it (disclaimer: seek help first),  go out with some flair! Jump into the bear pit at the zoo! Or... I don’t know, get dropped off on now iceberg with a case of Champaign and trashy mags. 

1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Nice pickups! Where did you get them? 

Got them from a Louisiana guy that sells high end stuff primarily through IG. And I have to be honest, the frags arrived beautifully, had almost immediate PE. 

1 hour ago, Weikel said:

Me either. Shrooms are cheap but I heard from a friend lsd gets pricey😆

We’re talking strictly about coral right... or is there another reason my talk looks like a Timothy O’Leary fever dream...

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Yep understand that one............

I only buy small colonies anymore.........its always the little ones that never make it.........although I did pay 100 for one zoa polyp :lol: I sold 400 worth later and now have over 25 on the frag plug...........not even sure what hallucinations go for anymore.

Speaking of which... we need more pictures of your talk! It’s incredible! I’ll even sign a petition!

———-

Here’s the cherry bomb a few hours after being put in the tank. This, clearly awesome, photo was taken with the potato phone. (I also included a photo of one of our Siamese deciding whether he liked ramen (he is still undecided, if you please...)).

E6EB3326-2C4A-4713-928B-26686535F410.jpeg

6F4FF775-F1A4-4C71-9562-EE8EC1FA439A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4