Cultivated Reef

Lula Mae's full circle 5.5--the end.

Lula_Mae

37 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

@Lula_Mae, I'll just leave this here...I've ordered mine! I bought a five pack a couple years ago, as did Ben and, I think, Gena.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-GREEN-BANDED-GOBIES-FISH-PACK-live-saltwater-fish-/282611170528?category=0&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqDkkWXYxrVw/A==&emailtemplateid=135857558&sellerid=abgl/Dyo1eHVX9acl6UETQ==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG

He only seems to have them every year or two...

:o

What will I do with the extras?  Even I think 5 in a 5.5 is kinda overstocked! :lol:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

:o

What will I do with the extras?  Even I think 5 in a 5.5 is kinda overstocked! :lol:

Yeah, I guess so. I'm putting two in my 10g and three in my 40g.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Yeah, I guess so. I'm putting two in my 10g and three in my 40g.

It's an awesome deal, though.  Too bad there's no one local to split them with!  I'll bookmark him for future reference, just in case.  Thanks for sharing! :D

Also, I came home and Bilbo's froggy friends were dead.  RIP cute froggies. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
On 8/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

you got a couple GBGs didn't you?? :)

i got an email that they were available again, but today they are not.  i will get them sooner or later though!! 

if you did indeed order them, i really hope you have better luck this time around!

@gone_PHiSHin be sure to check out the link Teeny shared!

1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

@Lula_Mae, I'll just leave this here...I've ordered mine! I bought a five pack a couple years ago, as did Ben and, I think, Gena.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-GREEN-BANDED-GOBIES-FISH-PACK-live-saltwater-fish-/282611170528?category=0&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqDkkWXYxrVw/A==&emailtemplateid=135857558&sellerid=abgl/Dyo1eHVX9acl6UETQ==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG

He only seems to have them every year or two...

I was the one that discovered the dude :lol:.  Glad to see he's back in stock.  I would totally go in with someone if they wanted to buy but I'd just keep one.  I could squeeze one little guy in my tank.  Two might be pushing it LOL.

Price wise, it's a better deal to get them and keep 2 and get credit for the others at your LFS.  Just a thought.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, gena said:

I was the one that discovered the dude :lol:.  Glad to see he's back in stock.  I would totally go in with someone if they wanted to buy but I'd just keep one.  I could squeeze one little guy in my tank.  Two might be pushing it LOL.

Price wise, it's a better deal to get them and keep 2 and get credit for the others at your LFS.  Just a thought.

I'm honestly not even sure the local shops offer credit, which is lame.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm honestly not even sure the local shops offer credit, which is lame.

If you keep two, it's still a better deal than buying from Live Aquaria, I think?????  Don't they charge at least $20 for one?  I can't remember but that sounds about right.   As long as your LFS will at least take the remainder off your hands, even if for free.   Or maybe ask the guy if he could sell you however many you actually need.  He may just sell one or two.  I don't see why he wouldn't do that :D.

On 8/14/2017 at 0:51 PM, gena said:

They are super hardy :D.

Quoted for TRUUUUTH!! I think the Grube's is my fastest growing coral ever. It attached itself to rock in 3 different places unknown to me. Then when I've moved it, the single polyp left behind just kept growing... I have 4 "tufts" of Grube's in my tanks now. I'm considering fragging and selling it!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just discovered that one of the ceriths I got from LiveAquaria is not, in fact, a cerith. :mellow: It's a hermit and I'm not sure what kind! :unsure: Caught him crawling along ticking off the blastos, inches from Valerie who will hopefully give him what-for if he misbehaves!  If I'd known it was a hermit I would've put him in the new tank lol.

The "scarlet hermit" still has not moved so I'm going with "yeah they sent me an empty shell." :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
47 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I just discovered that one of the ceriths I got from LiveAquaria is not, in fact, a cerith. :mellow: It's a hermit and I'm not sure what kind! :unsure: Caught him crawling along ticking off the blastos, inches from Valerie who will hopefully give him what-for if he misbehaves!  If I'd known it was a hermit I would've put him in the new tank lol.

The "scarlet hermit" still has not moved so I'm going with "yeah they sent me an empty shell." :rolleyes:

Oh for heaven's sake.... :wacko:

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Starting to second guess Live Aquaria as a source of livestock.... Dang!

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, JcSH2o said:

Starting to second guess Live Aquaria as a source of livestock.... Dang!

They're alright in my opinion, and they'll refund the money when I call them, I just didn't have a chance to today.  I find it humorous, really.  :lol:

• Like 1

I'd give LA/DD a pass unless you have a QT tank. I'd definitely call and tell them they sent you an empty shell. Ever since they were bought out by Deathco, their quality has been shit.

thespinningsadhu
On 7/3/2017 at 2:39 PM, Lula_Mae said:

The fish bag was black on the top and bottom and clear in the middle. :huh:  Everything else was in clear bags.

Yeah, things are dripping now.

So.  So far, the blastos are alive, somehow, and their water smelled ok.  The anthelia...there's a few stalks left of it, anyway.  The water smelled so bad that I didn't even add it to the little bucket with the blastos but just pulled the frag off the styrofoam and popped it in.  They are dripping to go in the main tank.

The crab is alive!  And very scared of me, it was determined to stay in that bag lol.  I've got it in a bucket dripping for the little QT in case it dies so I don't have to tear the tank apart to try and find it stuck in a rock somewhere.

But my wrasse...oh, that poor thing.  It's been dead at least two days, judging by the current state of breakdown of its body.  RIP beautiful, I would have loved having you in my tank. :tears:

595a9d5a9371a_pinkstreakedwrasseondiversden62717.jpg.464d7d356a86b64046a53b4d86b1bbb8.jpg

So I discovered today that I'm shit at painting fish. But here you go anyway. I have a deal with myself - if I start the piece intending to share it then I must share it - no matter what. 

IMG_4299

• Like 7
  • Wow 4
1 hour ago, thespinningsadhu said:

So I discovered today that I'm shit at painting fish. But here you go anyway. I have a deal with myself - if I start the piece intending to share it then I must share it - no matter what. 

IMG_4299

I think that looks fantastic!  Pink streaked wrasse, right?  Sure looks like one :wub:.

• Like 1
Thunder Goose
11 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

IMG_4299

I actually really like it - you caught the essence of the fish. We're all our own harshest critics. If you're not happy with it and not planning to keep it I'll be happy to take it. ;)

• Like 5
12 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

IMG_4299

That's actually pretty dope.

• Like 3
On 8/19/2017 at 7:23 AM, StinkyBunny said:

I'd give LA/DD a pass unless you have a QT tank. I'd definitely call and tell them they sent you an empty shell. Ever since they were bought out by Deathco, their quality has been shit.

lol yeah, I definitely am, and that one of my ceriths is a mystery troublemaker in waiting.  Actually tossed a couple rubble pieces in the GSP garden to get bacteria on them in case I need to separate the hermit out. 

13 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

IMG_4299

My pink lipstick baby!!! :wub::wub::wub: I love it!!!  You brought to life what UPS put to death.  It's gorgeous!

11 hours ago, gena said:

I think that looks fantastic!  Pink streaked wrasse, right?  Sure looks like one :wub:.

It's the one I tried to get from LiveAquaria that stupid UPS locked on their truck all weekend and killed.  It's so pretty!

1 hour ago, Thunder Goose said:

I actually really like it - you caught the essence of the fish. We're all our own harshest critics. If you're not happy with it and not planning to keep it I'll be happy to take it. ;)

9a036250d43a895c3a9911de04c9c4dcb63f0b8f

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
15 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

IMG_4299

Love this!  Don't be so critical.  I think you are great! :flower:

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu
15 minutes ago, gena said:

PSW

Piece of Shit Watercolor? 

I don't usually aim for that but I'll see what I can do. ????

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

Piece of Shit Watercolor? 

I don't usually aim for that but I'll see what I can do. ????

LOL.  You make the best PSW watercolor :wub:.  Seriously, you should be very proud of your work. 

• Like 4