ReefCleaners.org

Lula Mae's full circle 5.5--the end.

Lula_Mae

1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yes, especially since I wasn't home to keep an eye on him!  Will try to get some pics of him later.

I'll look forward to them.  I'm really interested in this fish :D.  Something different from the tailspot blenny.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, gena said:

I'll look forward to them.  I'm really interested in this fish :D.  Something different from the tailspot blenny.

Yeah, that was part of the reason I was interested in it, even though TSB's are beautiful, I wanted something a little different.

10 minutes ago, gogeta said:

Good to hear he's going well, haha once he realizes you bring food he won't hide from you for long :lol:

Haha hopefully soon he will be like "HOOMAN WHERE IS MY SUSTENANCE BRING IT NOW!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
fishfreak0114

He's a cutie!  Hopefully he fattens up quick :)  Seeing your pic of him settles it--if I get second tank approval that is the fish I want!

• Like 1

Well, I went to get a pic of the blenny and he was hiding under the sponge where I couldn't get a good pic lol.  So I decided to take a few tank pics instead. :D

The GSP I got from Weetie back in the spring has a weird growth coming out of it, like a branch or something. :huh: It's the weird knobby thing in the front, left of the hole.  Please note the lone tentacle poking out proudly at the very top lol.

IMG_20170831_151708134

Jaques the Pederson's shrimp saying hi!

IMG_20170831_151721494

Took this pic as it showed the greenish tint to my toadstool's base, then realized it's really washed out, then decided to share it anyway.

IMG_20170831_151809958_HDR

You can see the sponge here that has lost almost all color. :(

IMG_20170831_151840821

Stomatella cruising on the AquaClear!

IMG_20170831_155512677

Lastly, a FTS...this is what happens when you've been sick and haven't cleaned the glass! :lol:  Just keepin' it real lol. :blush:

IMG_20170831_151736285

(The lights haven't been on long which is why everything is closed up in these pics...I left lights off yesterday to try to help with the algae issue).

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

He's a cutie!  Hopefully he fattens up quick :)  Seeing your pic of him settles it--if I get second tank approval that is the fish I want!

It would be a great choice!  He's so teensy and adorable, and I think he's actually big for one of these guys as he's nearly two inches long but thin as a rail (except for the part where it looks like his stomach is kissing his backbone). :happy:

• Like 1

Hahaha the FTS...it does look very natural though :).  I can see it still looks great through through the algae on the glass.  Darn that blenny.  I want to SEEEEE him :happy:.

• Like 1
Nano sapiens
2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

It would be a great choice!  He's so teensy and adorable, and I think he's actually big for one of these guys as he's nearly two inches long but thin as a rail (except for the part where it looks like his stomach is kissing his backbone). :happy:

That's a long Bimaculatus.  Mine is barely 1-1/2" after 2 years, but nearly as fat as a pencil after feeding time!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gena said:

Hahaha the FTS...it does look very natural though :).  I can see it still looks great through through the algae on the glass.  Darn that blenny.  I want to SEEEEE him :happy:.

Haha I figured I would show what really happens around here sometimes!  I'll try again with pics now that I'm waking up from my nap.  Swing shifts are haaaaard. :rant:

54 minutes ago, Nano sapiens said:

That's a long Bimaculatus.  Mine is barely 1-1/2" after 2 years, but nearly as fat as a pencil after feeding time!

Yeah, I was very surprised since 1.5" is supposed to be their max.  Gonna try some frozen goodies tonight and see how he responds.

31 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I don't name my fish until they make it through the first week :rolleyes:

Probably a good plan lol.  I went for a long time not naming any fish, even my bettas!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Haha I figured I would show what really happens around here sometimes!  I'll try again with pics now that I'm waking up from my nap.  Swing shifts are haaaaard. :rant:

It's good to keep it real :D.

Yay....hopefully Mr. Two Spot cooperates!!!!!

1 hour ago, gena said:

It's good to keep it real :D.

Yay....hopefully Mr. Two Spot cooperates!!!!!

Every time I approach he backs under the sponge or the PVC pipe lol.  Poor shy guy!

12 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, that was part of the reason I was interested in it, even though TSB's are beautiful, I wanted something a little different.

Pff, and what's wrong with tailspot blennies? Let's face it, you knew you could never find one as majestic and interesting as Jeff so you decided not to compete. :P

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Madcat said:

Pff, and what's wrong with tailspot blennies? Let's face it, you knew you could never find one as majestic and interesting as Jeff so you decided not to compete. :P

Or as intelligent!  :lol:

So when I moved my tank into my apartment, I took a bunch of pics over the next few days as it was looking so good!  The other day I transferred all my pics onto the comp from my phone and then deleted them.  Today I went to find my pics on the comp so I could upload and share them...and they aren't there. :tears: I'm very aggravated with my computer and phone at the moment lol.  So I'll share what little I've got.

This was a FTS I took on August 10th, right around the time I moved it.  I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I had actually purchased a new 5.5 and my dad helped me spray paint the back.  I was going to go with white like Gena and a couple others on here have done, but standing in the aisle at Lowe's, a soft gray color was calling out to me so I picked it instead lol.  I think it looks really gorgeous as a background for the corals.

IMG_20170810_213736260

Last night I peeked in the tank and saw a baby stomatella!

IMG_20170902_142259

Stomatella cruising the glass a few days ago:

IMG_20170814_164228736_HDR

Shot of the top rock.  I haven't gotten a recent pic but the baby green grandis paly polyp is growing bigger!

IMG_20170814_160957834_HDR

I was in the 90%-plus area for the eclipse.  I got this neat shot.  It was nowhere near as dark as this pic shows, more like an overcast day, but this was the only way my camera could get the eclipsed sun to show:

IMG_20170821_145648

When lights are off in the tank, the polyps on the bottom of the digitata appear to retract, but only on the bottom and not the top.  Is this normal?

IMG_20170902_133516481

Yesterday I made the trek to a couple LFS in Charlotte since I got out of work early and boy was traffic terrible!  One neighborhood I drove through had trees down all over from a storm that blew through.  The first one, I picked up a trio of snails for the GSP garden.  The second, I found a couple of coral frags!  I picked up a pretty blasto that is reddish outside and a light blue on the inside.  I also got a fat single polyp of magician palys, which I have had my eye out for for a long time!  The blasto pics were before I scraped the glass (Jacques is photobombing in this first one!):

ATT00001(13)

IMG_20170901_214959250

Magician paly!

ATT00001(12)

I have some more pics for the 3 gallon so I'll share them on that thread. :happy:

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

So when I moved my tank into my apartment, I took a bunch of pics over the next few days as it was looking so good!  The other day I transferred all my pics onto the comp from my phone and then deleted them.  Today I went to find my pics on the comp so I could upload and share them...and they aren't there. :tears: I'm very aggravated with my computer and phone at the moment lol.  So I'll share what little I've got.

This was a FTS I took on August 10th, right around the time I moved it.  I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I had actually purchased a new 5.5 and my dad helped me spray paint the back.  I was going to go with white like Gena and a couple others on here have done, but standing in the aisle at Lowe's, a soft gray color was calling out to me so I picked it instead lol.  I think it looks really gorgeous as a background for the corals.

IMG_20170810_213736260

Last night I peeked in the tank and saw a baby stomatella!

IMG_20170902_142259

Stomatella cruising the glass a few days ago:

IMG_20170814_164228736_HDR

Shot of the top rock.  I haven't gotten a recent pic but the baby green grandis paly polyp is growing bigger!

IMG_20170814_160957834_HDR

I was in the 90%-plus area for the eclipse.  I got this neat shot.  It was nowhere near as dark as this pic shows, more like an overcast day, but this was the only way my camera could get the eclipsed sun to show:

IMG_20170821_145648

When lights are off in the tank, the polyps on the bottom of the digitata appear to retract, but only on the bottom and not the top.  Is this normal?

IMG_20170902_133516481

Yesterday I made the trek to a couple LFS in Charlotte since I got out of work early and boy was traffic terrible!  One neighborhood I drove through had trees down all over from a storm that blew through.  The first one, I picked up a trio of snails for the GSP garden.  The second, I found a couple of coral frags!  I picked up a pretty blasto that is reddish outside and a light blue on the inside.  I also got a fat single polyp of magician palys, which I have had my eye out for for a long time!  The blasto pics were before I scraped the glass (Jacques is photobombing in this first one!):

ATT00001(13)

IMG_20170901_214959250

Magician paly!

ATT00001(12)

I have some more pics for the 3 gallon so I'll share them on that thread. :happy:

Beauteous!!!!!

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Beauteous!!!!!

Thanks! :happy:

24 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

The grey background is really nice!  And that blasto :wub::wub::wub:  Magician palys are on my "to-buy" list, so sparkly looking!

Thank you!  The magicians are so gorgeous, I love it already!

8 minutes ago, Utahpico said:

Looks great, corals are begging for more light..! : ) 

Haha yeah, I actually tried a much stronger light but it was too much too fast.  I'm actually not sure if it's a wattage thing or a spectrum thing.  I may try the ABI 12w 50/50 or Tuna Blue bulbs to see how one of them does.  Or maybe save up to splurge on a fancier light, I'm not sure yet!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Thanks! :happy:

Thank you!  The magicians are so gorgeous, I love it already!

Haha yeah, I actually tried a much stronger light but it was too much too fast.  I'm actually not sure if it's a wattage thing or a spectrum thing.  I may try the ABI 12w 50/50 or Tuna Blue bulbs to see how one of them does.  Or maybe save up to splurge on a fancier light, I'm not sure yet!

I'm in the same boat, waiting till December, I'll probably have the first reef lit by modded phillips hue bulbs.

• Like 1

So earlier this evening I heard something in the tank and looked over...the hermit crab had apparently fallen off the rock and was hanging by his claws from the portieria! :lol: Yes, I snapped a quick pic as I laughed at him.

IMG_20170902_230401240

Definitely was in a hard spot to photograph!  Then later I realized (a) I haven't seen Valerie in a couple days and she was missing her big claw earlier in the week, and (b) I found the cerith shell from the snail that was added with the hermit who was supposed to also be a cerith. :furious: So I threw some rubble chunks into my teeny 1.6 gallon and filled it up and tossed in some caulerpa from the fuge and threw him into solitary confinement, because that's what happens to murderers these days.  I immediately noticed something...either something is wrong with this crab, or he's a little dopey.  He has trouble moving across the bare bottom and moves backwards a lot.  I think he may be related to Jeff the TSB in @Madcat's tank. :lol: He did eventually find the crab cuisine pellets I dropped in for him and ate one but still.  I think I'm going to call him Dopey, because he is. :rolleyes:

ATT00001(16)

ATT00001(17)

Once he found the pellet:

ATT00001(18)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3